Peschisolido Story

Stive Pesley

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

...and did Burley ever get us promoted....?? 

Unfortunatly not -but I think he would have done if we hadn't flogged Rasiak, Huddlestone and Idiakez for some magic beans before he resigned.  He did a great job without a pot to piss in .  Incidentally, Simon Hunt who worked with him to bring in the Bisgaards and Rasiaks for bugger all is at Forest now so could be a good move by them.   King Billy had a far bit of cash to start his revolution .  He certainly signed some good players at the start - but Fagin onwards were all horrendous.

10 hours ago, cannable said:

Or just don’t bomb Lupoli out because he’s agreed to sign for Fiorentina…

I thought Lupoli disappeared at xmas?

Billy did a great job in terms of results, even though many of the players he signed were pretty craap. 

He was slightly mad. Even pesch stumbles upon it when he says he was almost "paranoid".

there was so much going off behind the scenes though, and i suspect we were messing him around. Not appointing kelly because changes were already brewing etc 

when he went to forest he went proper crackers. 

I don't think he's a bad as he's painted. He just needs to manage himself a bit better. 

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You can mock Billy all you like but as someone mentioned earlier...have you actually seen the line up we had that day...? He managed to get a team with Pearson, Pesch, Leacock, Bywater, McEverly etc etc etc to get promoted...!!

Promotion....Something that only Jim Smith and Arthur Cox have done for us in the last 30 years......

Absolute bullocks!

its almost 50 years!

On 07/11/2018 at 17:09, jimbo jones said:

Can’t have been much more than 3 maybe 4 years since Burley took us to the play offs.

Yep. Now George really was a magician, to get us so close on a shoe string budget. Generally very entertaining as well. 

Archived