FM 2019

ramsbottom

I've only been able to give it a couple of hours so far.  I'm playing roughly the same style/formation as Frank at the moment, but have dabbled with 3 at the back in pre season to give us options.  Have only signed Dave Jones on a cheap 1 year deal as cover for the midfield, as you start with everyone from that part of the pitch injured bar Johnson, Byrson, Mount & (surprisingly) Thorne.  Plus the likes of Wilson & Holmes aren't any good centre mid.  I've managed to palm Butterfield off to Portsmouth for half his wages, but couldn't even give Anya away...

So far i sneaked past Reading 1-0, and spanked The Dirties 4-2

Anyone else purchased it yet?  The big improvement this year is the training, which is a lot more in-depth now, and the ability to tell the team how to set up with & without the ball.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Across 2 transfer windows I managed to offload Ledley, Butterfield, Johnson, Thorne, Pearce, Davies and Anya - didn't bring much money in (about a million I think - but got about 100k a week off the wage bill. Much trimmer squad than the leviathan I inherited.

Midfield 3 uses a combination of Huddlestone, Evans, Mount, Bryson, Lawrence and Wilson.

Finished first season, won league with 98pts.

Had to loan in Marvin Zeegelaar after Malone and Forsyth both got crocked, signed a second keeper as well after Roos got in a huff.

Somehow think Holmes was my best player, only scored a few less than Marriott 

First year I can actually remember that I haven't started as Derby. Couldn't bare to take Frankie's job off him, wanted to see how he got on. 

He was sacked in November with Derby 23rd in the table, Gus Hiddink was his replacement. Hasn't found another job as of September 2019.

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

First year I can actually remember that I haven't started as Derby. Couldn't bare to take Frankie's job off him, wanted to see how he got on. 

He was sacked in November with Derby 23rd in the table, Gus Hiddink was his replacement. Hasn't found another job as of September 2019.

It’s realistic then

I also couldn't bare to take Franks job before a ball has been kicked (i have morals).

Wasn't bothered in the slightest about taking Martin Allen's job though. 

Currently sitting top of the conference, 4 points clear with 1 defeat.

Up the Spireites.

4 hours ago, David said:

Do you still have to run it through Steam? Nothing but problems with that so haven’t touched it for years

Thought you were good with this whole interweb thing?

It's good that it's through Steam because updates automatically download, you can access the workshop for packs for kits, logos etc. and you can also save games to the Cloud, meaning you can load them up on any PC with your Steam account logged in.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Thought you were good with this whole interweb thing?

It's good that it's through Steam because updates automatically download, you can access the workshop for packs for kits, logos etc. and you can also save games to the Cloud, meaning you can load them up on any PC with your Steam account logged in.

I will download the app, I can have the password written down with video proof but no, your details are invalid. 

This will take half hour whilst I wait for an email to confirm I need to change the password, just like buses 2 will arrive at once. 

After signing in and unticking the option that gives Steam permission to open on start up I will download and play the game....for an hour or so as Steam will crash giving me an error that makes no sense. 

At this point I give up, decide I have better things to do with my time.

Next morning put my shirt and tie on, I’m getting promoted today. Boot up my computer and Steam automatically opens with its icon trying to go unnoticed, I see you there Steam, I see you!

Check the settings and the box is unticked, so you’re ignoring me now, is that how it is?

I scramble through my computer settings, remove it from the system startup seeing as Steam failed to communicate this.

Relunctantly I will launch the game, play maybe two hours, become frustrated by injury after injury when a system crash is welcomed.

Day 3, sure enough, on boot Steam pops up, watch this Valve, installs the app. Grumbles how they’ve taken money for a game that I probably had only 2/3hrs on and will never touch again

29 minutes ago, David said:

I will download the app, I can have the password written down with video proof but no, your details are invalid. 

This will take half hour whilst I wait for an email to confirm I need to change the password, just like buses 2 will arrive at once. 

After signing in and unticking the option that gives Steam permission to open on start up I will download and play the game....for an hour or so as Steam will crash giving me an error that makes no sense. 

At this point I give up, decide I have better things to do with my time.

Next morning put my shirt and tie on, I’m getting promoted today. Boot up my computer and Steam automatically opens with its icon trying to go unnoticed, I see you there Steam, I see you!

Check the settings and the box is unticked, so you’re ignoring me now, is that how it is?

I scramble through my computer settings, remove it from the system startup seeing as Steam failed to communicate this.

Relunctantly I will launch the game, play maybe two hours, become frustrated by injury after injury when a system crash is welcomed.

Day 3, sure enough, on boot Steam pops up, watch this Valve, installs the app. Grumbles how they’ve taken money for a game that I probably had only 2/3hrs on and will never touch again

Have you tried turning it off and on again.

I've started again.  Sold Pearce, Anya, Bennett, Johnson, and loaned out Butterfield  Brought in Phillip Wollschied & Jordan Mutch for a combined £575k.  My Net spend is over £8m.  Just beaten Reading 3-1 with Marriot, Wilson & Mutch bagging.  Just desperate to get Huddlestone, Ledley & Evans fit cus Ol' Georgie Boy really isn't up to speed with my high tempo pressing, and Mount has been surprisingly crap on this save...

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I've started again.  Sold Pearce, Anya, Bennett, Johnson, and loaned out Butterfield  Brought in Phillip Wollschied & Jordan Mutch for a combined £575k.  My Net spend is over £8m.  Just beaten Reading 3-1 with Marriot, Wilson & Mutch bagging.  Just desperate to get Huddlestone, Ledley & Evans fit cus Ol' Georgie Boy really isn't up to speed with my high tempo pressing, and Mount has been surprisingly crap on this save...

I had Bennett sold by Mel Morris behind my back. I was miffed to the point where I almost resigned.

I started as Sunderland in the end. Finished 3rd with 97 points, no idea how that’s even possible. Ended up beating Southend 4-3 after extra time in the play-off final. Currently third in the Championship, Derby are 20th and Hiddink is clinging on to his job.

Will Hughes plays for Chelsea and is an England regular.

Archived