FM 2019

ramsbottom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never played it on mobile or iPad but that definitely seems broken. Like any game though, there's always certain things in the game which are over powered. I'm in my 4th season with Sunderland and currently 3rd in the PL after 10 games - W7 D2 L1. That's after back-to-back promotions and a 10th place finish. I had to tweak the formation and player roles until it clicked, I was nearly sacked in the first season for finishing 3rd.

Certain things still remain unrealistic though, I imagine it's quite hard to fix or else they'd have done so. Part of me still thinks the game is programmed so the team you control plays better in order to encourage more playing time, I wouldn't want to take Sunderland to the PL and then scrape 16th and 17th finishes every season like real life.

17 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

My annual struggle with Derby continues. Just lost 3-2 at home to bottom-of-the-league Norwich to complete a run of 5 games without a win. Sat in 14th with 15 points from 11 games. Why do I put myself through this every year?

That’s us under Rowett last season.

I really wish they would make an Xbox version like the old Championship Manager games on the original Xbox. I still play the 2002/03 version sometimes. I’ve tried playing the PC/Mac version of FM and I just don’t like playing it on a laptop. It all seems too detailed these days too.

6 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Update: I lost El Sackico but I’m still clinging on somehow. At least I’ve outlasted Rowett, who just got relieved of his duties by 23rd-placed Stoke.

Try and do better than I did on my Derby save for FM17. They gave me two weeks to save my job where results had to improve. I was 18th, one point inside the relegation zone of the PL.

The problem was, it was an international break, so I didn’t play in those two weeks. They sacked me the day before the next game, replaced by Pardew who kept us up on goal difference. I felt sick.

5 hours ago, Kernow said:

Try and do better than I did on my Derby save for FM17. They gave me two weeks to save my job where results had to improve. I was 18th, one point inside the relegation zone of the PL.

The problem was, it was an international break, so I didn’t play in those two weeks. They sacked me the day before the next game, replaced by Pardew who kept us up on goal difference. I felt sick.

How humiliating

It's over. After a 1-1 away draw to managerless, 23rd-placed Stoke, I've handed in my resignation. I leave the club in 17th place, with 22 points from 19 games. Harry Redknapp is the current favourite to take over.

Looking to the future, I'm keeping the current save and looking to take over a struggling lower-league side. The plan is to take them up the leagues playing 4-4-2, hard Brexit football, in a similar way to how I got Portsmouth to the Premier League on FM16. Oh, how I miss the days of destroying League One with Mason Bennett and Tom Pope up top, supplied ably by Abdoul Camara.

Archived