Great style of football

Chester40

10 minutes ago, Err ram io said:

Can we play a team with a midfield of butters bryson and thorne (3 players each with a point to prove to GR) ditto strikeforce of Nuge, Lawrence and Bennett? (ditto).  or is that childish??.

hmmmm

Best not

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of our stupendous playing style has come about because FL had to push Harry Wilson into central midfield, or chose to put him there, and it is really working well! He has the energy and committment of Bryson, but more ability on the ball, and is very difficult to get off the ball. And he is linking superbly with Mount, and it is joy to watch.

On 20/10/2018 at 22:36, Chester40 said:

What a really great match.

If we had conceded late on I still would have preferred it to a 1-0 from last season.

Felt so proud to watch us pass and move, hit them at pace on the break or retain possession and probe....and Sheff Utd played their part too.

Two teams going for the 3 points. Not a night to pick fault at individuals. Just a thoroughly enjoyable game, played in the right spirit. 

Long may we continue to play in the same manner. Got over-run after our early goal but Frank sorted it at half time and we bossed it. 

Got to give him time to make it work. Watched it with the kids and made me really proud to see us play that way. Can see what we're trying to do. Like night and day from last season seeing us play with youth, to feet in midfield. Although Tom H gave us a bit of much needed calmness. 

Regardless of what happens during these difficult period of games I will remain patient and enjoy the ride this season come what may.

It would be refreshing for DCFC's brand of football to prevail over the dross surved up by Pulis and the like. I personally know Baggies fans who quit watching games in the PL as the football was so dire. 

14 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Some of our stupendous playing style has come about because FL had to push Harry Wilson into central midfield, or chose to put him there, and it is really working well! He has the energy and committment of Bryson, but more ability on the ball, and is very difficult to get off the ball. And he is linking superbly with Mount, and it is joy to watch.

It would be a shame to think that even when Bryson gets fit, he’ll struggle to get his place back, cos Wilson is doing so well in that position. So he scores, therefore securing his place, and in the same game gets injured, therefore loosing his place. Bit of a bummer for him. 

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It would be a shame to think that even when Bryson gets fit, he’ll struggle to get his place back, cos Wilson is doing so well in that position. So he scores, therefore securing his place, and in the same game gets injured, therefore loosing his place. Bit of a bummer for him. 

Wilson has been doing well in central midfield but when Bryson is fit I expect him to be in the side and he has started scoring goals again 2 in 2 and a half games 

I think moving Wilson into Bryson's spot is what has taken us to that next level creatively and I would be very reluctant to change it back unless injury made it necessary.

Saw Wilson play there against Southampton and he looked class. It's a credit to Bryson's form that he's kept Wilson out of that spot for as long as he has. I'm sure Bryson will play his part again this season but why change what so obviously works? 

Marriott has given us a lift. Wilson too.

younger legs and the bravery to take it to the opposition.

malone helps to overload on the left

huddz brings calmness and control

we look like a team ......just haven't yet quite found the missing piece for the waghorn / bennett position. (jozefzoon doesn't play with the same intensity). 

Great job by frank so far.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I think moving Wilson into Bryson's spot is what has taken us to that next level creatively and I would be very reluctant to change it back unless injury made it necessary.

Saw Wilson play there against Southampton and he looked class. It's a credit to Bryson's form that he's kept Wilson out of that spot for as long as he has. I'm sure Bryson will play his part again this season but why change what so obviously works? 

Agree with this....Wilson looks a threat and links up superbly with Mount , the volley from the edge of the box which was well saved and the curling effort which hit the post shows exactly how much of a threat he can be and to be honest I think has made a big difference since being switched to a more central role Bryson from the bench maybe for last 15 but never ahead of Wilson on current form

Just now, RamNut said:

Marriott has given us a lift. Wilson too.

younger legs and the bravery to take it to the opposition.

malone helps to overload on the left

huddz brings calmness and control

we look like a team ......just haven't yet quite found the missing piece for the waghorn / bennett position. (jozefzoon doesn't play with the same intensity). 

Great job by frank so far.

Was just thinking that Malone has done really well in last two games , his tackle at one end and goal against WBA and the anticipation to nick the ball and cross for goal against Mbro was excellent

10 minutes ago, Saity said:

Was just thinking that Malone has done really well in last two games , his tackle at one end and goal against WBA and the anticipation to nick the ball and cross for goal against Mbro was excellent

I really like fozzy and was shocked when he was dropped after a great performance against the blades, and malone hadn’t filled me with confidence on previous appearances. But what a couple of performances from him. Serious competition for that left back spot. For me it’s malones to loose now, but that’s really harsh on fozzy. That’s football I suppose. 

15 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

The relationship on the pitch between Mount and Wilson is fantastic. They always seem to know what the other is doing and where the next move is. Lawrence is also starting to link up nicely with them both and for 20-30 mins on Saturday, they looked unplayable.

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

The relationship on the pitch between Mount and Wilson is fantastic. They always seem to know what the other is doing and where the next move is. Lawrence is also starting to link up nicely with them both and for 20-30 mins on Saturday, they looked unplayable.

Any free kick within striking distance now you can hear the silence and anticipation from the crowd. Our fans and especially the opposition. That’s immense and shows what a threat Wilson’s free kicks have become. And you know what Rams, we’re gonna get a lot lot better ‘cos Frank knows it, Jody knows it, the players know it. And the fans know it. Oh boy!! 

The fact that I was disappointed with a draw at the end after 7 points from 9 against the top 3, 2 of which were away just about sums it up for me. I think we deserved the win against boro possibly even more than the blades to be honest.

For me the only slight drawbacks are that against the blades and boro we really shone for 20-25 minutes, compared to 60-75 against the baggies.

And one more thing - all this speculatiing when we had only played against teams in the bottom half - gets me thinking maybe we will struggle more against the lower teams than the top ones. Although with the confidence this run could bring we might be able to impose our game on anyone.

Hope we run Chelsea close to at least keep the confidence and momentum up.

Frank is going to have to go "Mel we need £100m for the three loanees" if he has it, it would be hard to say no at the moment ?

Archived