Lack of love for some players why?

FindernRam

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

True, Forsyth marks his man but Sheffield United overload the back post with a centre half, damm good play by them! Forsyth wants nothing more than to play for Derby and we are a better defence with him in it and actually yesterday he put in three excellent crosses which were not put away, meanwhile Keogh has been and is excellent for us yes there are mistakes but he does tend to be having to do an awful lot, flair players get away with an awful lot more with some fans who only live with thier perceived negatives

True about Bruce he’s the best we’ve got at the moment at LB. Two lengthy periods out with bad injuries and not hitting the heights of form pre injuries causing people to moan. He has been poor in some games this season and FL has blatantly dropped him on two occasions which won’t do his confidence any use at all. Like Cyrus he is a confidence player and playing where he does on the touchline, he gets it from so called fans shouting abuse at him when a pass goes astray. East stand and lower tier west give Bruce encouragement not criticism. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, sage said:

If people wanted to blame anyone for the goal, Wilson made the kind of over-cautious tackle outside the box that you make in it and Lawrence let Basham run from 20 yards the other side of him to score at the far post. Over the last few years, more goals are down to midfielders or forwards fault than defenders IMO.  However it was damn good play by them, releasing the third CB to make an extra attacker when we marked their wing backs.

Sometimes you just have to give the opposition the credit. 

Lawrence let Basham run and score?! Really?! Our whole defence and midfield were dragged towards the ball with only Lawrence watching the runners....yes, runner(s), 2 of them and he was caught as to which one to pick up. 

To blame Lawrence for that is totally absurd, sorry! 

4 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

Lawrence let Basham run and score?! Really?! Our whole defence and midfield were dragged towards the ball with only Lawrence watching the runners....yes, runner(s), 2 of them and he was caught as to which one to pick up. 

To blame Lawrence for that is totally absurd, sorry! 

You cover the one nearest the goal.

You are rather taking one element of my post out of context though.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

You cover the one nearest the goal.

You are rather taking one element of my post out of context though.

Watch the replay, he is a left forward who was isolated marking 2 players when all his team mates got drawn to the ball like a magnet, cannot possibly see how that can in any way be classed as TL losing his man for the goal.

Apologies if you feel I took it out of context, just responding to what I read.

5 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

True about Bruce he’s the best we’ve got at the moment at LB. Two lengthy periods out with bad injuries and not hitting the heights of form pre injuries causing people to moan. He has been poor in some games this season and FL has blatantly dropped him on two occasions which won’t do his confidence any use at all. Like Cyrus he is a confidence player and playing where he does on the touchline, he gets it from so called fans shouting abuse at him when a pass goes astray. East stand and lower tier west give Bruce encouragement not criticism. 

I like Fozzy a lot, but to be fair he does try a few too many one-twos for my liking with Lower Tier West.

Mostly it's just guys discussing player performances which is pretty natural on a fans forum. Some of the time it's just folk who want to look like they've spotted stuff other folk haven't. On occasions it's just muggy ****s who have an unhealthy and baseless dislike of individuals which reveals more about them than the targets of their posts. There's all sorts on here same as any forum, though I do think this is by some way the best Derby forum and possibly the best football forum full stop that I've visited. It's very rare to see anything on here akin to the mindless and vitriolic garbage some supposed adults spew onto twatter, for instance, and anything overstepping the mark on this forum tends to be addressed very quickly.

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Mostly it's just guys discussing player performances which is pretty natural on a fans forum. Some of the time it's just folk who want to look like they've spotted stuff other folk haven't. On occasions it's just muggy ****s who have an unhealthy and baseless dislike of individuals which reveals more about them than the targets of their posts. There's all sorts on here same as any forum, though I do think this is by some way the best Derby forum and possibly the best football forum full stop that I've visited. It's very rare to see anything on here akin to the mindless and vitriolic garbage some supposed adults spew onto twatter, for instance, and anything overstepping the mark on this forum tends to be addressed very quickly.

God it's boring when I've got to agree with you? much prefer to have some ones take on a matter that I hadn't considered or totally disagree with so I can put em  right or be educated.?

22 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Watch the replay, he is a left forward who was isolated marking 2 players when all his team mates got drawn to the ball like a magnet, cannot possibly see how that can in any way be classed as TL losing his man for the goal.

Apologies if you feel I took it out of context, just responding to what I read.

The Sheff Utd's player's run took 3 players out of the game so the whole defence had to go right. He could see all the game and yes he had to people to cover, but his job was to get between the crosser and the nearest Sheff Utd player to the goal.

My context objection is that I clearly suggested Wilson and Bogle also had a part to play in the goal, more so than Forsyth, the point I was replying to. I also concluded by stated that it was a good move and other teams will score good goals that you shouldn't beat yourself up about.

Context. 

15 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Think all players have their critics just some more than other's, before last season Hydra had his fair share of stick and sure their was a post questioning whether he should even ever wear the shirt again after one  performance.  Always surprised at the level of critism Keogh gets,any player who is always involved in so much of the game ,playing continuously week on week is going to make errors at some point during a game but I can't think of a present player with as much comitment ,loyalty and work rate .Definitely one off the best defenders in this division and deserves less critics .

Won multiple headers tho.....?

Some fans just want someone who runs around for the club.

A player who shows ability but is "arrogant" or branded "lazy" yet wins us games single handedly like Ince is cast out straight away. I dont care that Ince had a chip on his shoulder he did very well for us and won us a lot of points.......

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Some fans just want someone who runs around for the club.

A player who shows ability but is "arrogant" or branded "lazy" yet wins us games single handedly like Ince is cast out straight away. I dont care that Ince had a chip on his shoulder he did very well for us and won us a lot of points.......

Ince wasn’t even lazy as well! He just had a face like a slapped arse and that was enough for some people! 

Archived