Last night was the best Rams performance since....

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is allowed, but the last 3 games combined have been better performances than 13-14 (with the exception of the 5-0 and Brighton match). This is going back to the Bald Eagle era now.

Everything that I want in a football team is on the pitch at the moment. Heart, character, determination, desire, pressing in defence, fast, intricate passing and a bond emerging with the fans. 

Biggest challenge for the club now is maintaining focus and consistency.

Biggest challenge for the fans is not getting carried away. Take it a game at a time, enjoy the ride, support, support, support.

Now where's that Championship trophy, and what was the record points total again?

Agree with @David and @TomBustler1884 and the pints they have made.

I thought Blackburn was a decent exciting performance, although teh result didn't go for us. Brentford was like the good old days of Mac1 where we looked as if we could have had 5+, which is dreamland for me considering the style we played last season.

Then we had last night, against a top team in their own back yard. Brilliant, utterly brilliant especially considering the timing of their goals.

Lastly, being old school, I'm not one for rotation and loved it that Frank said that the players on Saturday had earned the right to play at Old Trafford. My view is that you want a gaffer who will play you if you perform well.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Brighton at home in the play offs for me...thoughts???

That was the last time I remember feeling so elated at the performance and result.

Players high on confidence playing audacious football under pressure and thoroughly deserving to win. 

The most pleasing thing is seeing individuals playing out of their skins, but with a togetherness that makes the team more than the sum of its parts. When football is like this, at any level, it is a joy to behold. 

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I liked the 5-0 at home to wolves autumn 2014 as much -some great attacking play, Chrissy Johnny, Jeff and Dawks in their prime. We were flying at that point.

That was a fantastic match. One where you can watch with a smile on your face knowing that more goals on on the way. 

11 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I liked the 5-0 at home to wolves autumn 2014 as much -some great attacking play, Chrissy Johnny, Jeff and Dawks in their prime. We were flying at that point.

Yes, the games that I have actually seen that stick out in recent times are that game (my Wolves mate came with me and said we looked like bloody Barcelona), the 4-0 home win v Hull and the 5-0 Deforestation......

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Even under MAC when we were doing well we froze against good premier league opposition and showed them too much respect. 

Last night was incredible. The players’ total disregard of the line up of superstars in front of them was refreshing to see! 

Balls of steel too! 

I felt one or two of our players thought " Im better than this lot and going to show it"!! Fantastic attitude.... Well done Frank for picking this team and setting them up to play this way.

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The Saints game was great for excitement and drama but we weren't great that night and a tad fortunate to win...I was on about performance....

A lot of people forget we actually lost that night! Only scraped a draw on aggregate due to a ridiculous own goal!

Archived