Gary rowett “the truth may not always come out”

superrams23

19 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

Yes I do .

Please do not tell me we are playing well. 

In a thread where you're defending Gary Rowett you're criticising Derby for winning games but not playing well. 

After boring everyone to death last season at least he's changed things up. He's got Stoke not playing well and losing. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

In a thread where you're defending Gary Rowett you're criticising Derby for winning games but not playing well. 

After boring everyone to death last season at least he's changed things up. He's got Stoke not playing well and losing. 

Prediction for you mate. 

Stoke have turned the corner.

PS I love Derby and I don’t want Stoke to do well. 

Just saying .

3 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

Of course I’ll back Lampard but this is a footy forum and opinions are allowed  

One thing that sticks in my craw is he can do no wrong with some Derby fans. 

Let’s hope this is the Derby way. .

PS I might as well still be Curtains mate.  

Is the 90 days up yet. 

You know, you could just go support Stoke if you’re missing Rowett and that style of football. They’re only 20 mins down the a50. 

We’ve done as much if not more we’ll off than pitch than on. We’ve brought through youth, whilst also bringing in younger players specifically with a view to when the older players extensions run out next year. That’s fantastic progress. 

Any team would expect to see a dip in form with that many changes. However, we’re actually doing as good if not better than we were doing towards the end, and at the start of last season. 

On the pitch, results have been mixed, as have performances. Maybe the good performances are the exemption, and we’ll expect to see more crap performances throughout the year. But I think most fans have seen enough to come to the conclusion that we’ll have more good days than bad days this season. And there is no reason not to assume that as the team feels more, we’ll get better and better. 

Probably a good thing that we’re getting these ‘easy’ games out of be way early, while we’re still getting into our stride. 

But everyone has results like Rotherham on their cv by the end of the season. Remember the season we were crap, but still beat Newcastle 3-0 while they were romping away with the league (bloody love Newcastle, just for playing against)?

And despite everything, we’re higher than stoke, with their bigger budget, better team on paper, and comparatively experienced championship manager. So I’m bit really understanding why you have an issue. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You know, you could just go support Stoke if you’re missing Rowett and that style of football. They’re only 20 mins down the a50. 

We’ve done as much if not more we’ll off than pitch than on. We’ve brought through youth, whilst also bringing in younger players specifically with a view to when the older players extensions run out next year. That’s fantastic progress. 

Any team would expect to see a dip in form with that many changes. However, we’re actually doing as good if not better than we were doing towards the end, and at the start of last season. 

On the pitch, results have been mixed, as have performances. Maybe the good performances are the exemption, and we’ll expect to see more crap performances throughout the year. But I think most fans have seen enough to come to the conclusion that we’ll have more good days than bad days this season. And there is no reason not to assume that as the team feels more, we’ll get better and better. 

Probably a good thing that we’re getting these ‘easy’ games out of be way early, while we’re still getting into our stride. 

But everyone has results like Rotherham on their cv by the end of the season. Remember the season we were crap, but still beat Newcastle 3-0 while they were romping away with the league (bloody love Newcastle, just for playing against)?

And despite everything, we’re higher than stoke, with their bigger budget, better team on paper, and comparatively experienced championship manager. So I’m bit really understanding why you have an issue. 

The midfield is poor do you agree. 

1 minute ago, Newleaf said:

True 

Honest answer from you please. 

Have you been impressed with the team up to now this season and will it get better and better. 

Why will it get better and better ! 

In patches I think we've played really well. Large patches too. Entire halves here and there

I don't know if it will get better but if you can do something once then it can be done again. So there's hope

In 7 games I don't expect miracles from anyone. Including Rowett. But if somebody is going to bash Derby after 7 games then they better not be sitting below us in the table with an powerful squad playing rubbish football. 

I imagine Stoke will finish closer to 1st than 24th. But if it's early days for him then it's early days for us.

Just now, HantsRam said:

So why so many posts saying we're not playing well? We're winning more than losing, so surely you don't care no?

I was just pointing out we haven’t played anyone yet other than Leeds. 

We have 12 points from a possible 21 which is relatively good I agree.  

It will get tougher when playing the  better teams won’t it ! 

2 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

It will get tougher when playing the  better teams won’t it ! 

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes teams play better against better teams.

How long does it take a new manager to figure out how to choose players who fit well in the team, rather than seem good 'on paper'. I think we're getting some of that atm.

@NewleafI'm with you curtains, I've been quite disappointed by a number of performances this season, but I can also see plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the future. Lampard has not exactly had an easy start in terms of injuries and player's fitness so far. We've been missing our best defender, Davies, for every game bar opening day, Huddlestone has only just returned and still looks way off the pace, Wilson managed 2 games before getting injured, Evans got injured 25 minutes into his first league game, Holmes joined and missed a fair few games through injury and Marriott is only just getting up to full speed. So I think it's fair to say we've not seen our strongest 11 play together yet and there's a number of players who aren't at their best through injury and fitness problems

The average age of the team has dropped quite significantly and I'm sure that theme will continue in the coming transfer windows. He's bringing the average age of the team down, the value of the squad up and all whilst more than likely lowering the wage budget that we all know is way too high

I am a little disappointed he doesn't seem to be willing to give Thorne a chance to show what he can do in that holding role, or even Butterfield in that spot next to Mount, but overall I see a lot more positives to Frank's start to life at the club than negatives

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes teams play better against better teams.

How long does it take a new manager to figure out how to choose players who fit well in the team, rather than seem good 'on paper'. I think we're getting some of that atm.

I agree I don’t think Frank knows his best team yet. 

That will take time but I hope he has the right playing personnel at the club  

Curtis is a big miss and that is unfortunate.

39 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

Ok that’s fair  

Bogle has been impressive but didn’t Rowett help to promote the lad .

No, he didn't. Rowett was a complete and utter disaster for our academy prospects.

Over 46 games last season Rowett used academy talent for a combined total of 96 minutes.

Lampard has already used talents from our academy for a combined total of 712 minutes in only 7 games.

We can comfortably add developing young talent and maximising resources to the long list of things Rowett is crap at.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

@NewleafI'm with you curtains, I've been quite disappointed by a number of performances this season, but I can also see plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the future. Lampard has not exactly had an easy start in terms of injuries and player's fitness so far. We've been missing our best defender, Davies, for every game bar opening day, Huddlestone has only just returned and still looks way off the pace, Wilson managed 2 games before getting injured, Evans got injured 25 minutes into his first league game, Holmes joined and missed a fair few games through injury and Marriott is only just getting up to full speed. So I think it's fair to say we've not seen our strongest 11 play together yet and there's a number of players who aren't at their best through injury and fitness problems

The average age of the team has dropped quite significantly and I'm sure that theme will continue in the coming transfer windows. He's bringing the average age of the team down, the value of the squad up and all whilst more than likely lowering the wage budget that we all know is way too high

I am a little disappointed he doesn't seem to be willing to give Thorne a chance to show what he can do in that holding role, or even Butterfield in that spot next to Mount, but overall I see a lot more positives to Frank's start to life at the club than negatives

enjoyed the post - I'd go as far as to say that I don't know who the strongest 11 is, but I think we haven't had ANY 11 out where everyone is properly match fit and at the top of their games.

If Frank can get 15 or 16 players to that level then we'll be flying I reckon.

29 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

The midfield is poor do you agree. 

I certainly don’t disagree. But in the first few games the defence made some glaring errors. In patches the attack, for be embarrassment of riches we have, have been poor. In fits and starts various members of the midfield have had good games, they just don’t seem to be able to pull it all together on any given day. But if there’s anything FL knows about, it’s midfield. So I’m not particularly concerned. If there’s anything that I’m sure can and will be improved, it’s midfield. 

Can only assume it’s something to do with falling out with players, you can’t tell me that team was sold on Rowett’s vision during that run we went on after January. There was definitely something going on with Vydra. 

Something that crops up a lot with public figures is that it’s not the really famous celebrities that are divas or dheads, it’s the people who are on the c-list that are the ambitious back-stabbers who’d sell their soul for a shot at the big time. They’re insecure and have a big old ego on them. That’s what always struck me with Rowett, particularly in comparison to Frank.

He’s got a chip on his shoulder that he never had a great career, was sacked from Birmingham and was sold as a progressive, exciting young manager but got stick from fans for being boring at Brum/Derby. 

I just think he’s desperate for a shot at the PL to make a name for himself, be recognised as a good manager and garner love from the media. I can’t help think that’s why his Derby tenure was full of short term promotion type signings, why he never really started a rebuild and why he left for Stoke at the drop of a hat.

He’s comes across as more ambitious than he is talented, that’s why he was always angling for any decent job that became available while he was at Birmingham. We obviously don’t know the details but I wouldn’t be surprised if he milked the Stoke interest in January for a better contract from us.

He was probably Stoke’s third or fourth choice to be manager, it’s a minor miracle he got that job considering we were lucky to make the play-off’s and I reckon he’d have been sacked here if we’d had a bad start this season. 

I can see in his mind why he thinks he’s hard done by for leaving Derby because he got us into the play-offs in a tough situation and has received nothing but abuse since.

The reality is he was a bit lucky to still be in the job, got forgiven for some abject football by the majority of fans because he was supposed to be Derby through and through only to jump ship when things got tricky.

Despite Lampard having all the reason to have an ego, from what I’ve seen he doesn’t have anything near the ego of Rowett.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Good post .

The midfield balance isn’t right at the moment and Curtis is a big miss. 

Frank needs time and I suppose I might be being a bit premature in judging at the moment. 

I would think Thorne needs a chance as does Butters but who knows what’s going on with that. 

Frank has more positives in his box than negatives ( excuse the pun ) and needs time. 

As I said in the past changing managers can be disruptive but Rowett left and wasn’t sacked so Mel Morris had no option. 

I don’t know what Rowett is getting at unless he says more but contractually we know he can’t. 

Also, I’d fully expect this season to be a mixed bag. I don’t expect us to suddenly find our gear and wipe the floor with everyone. If we manage to scrape into 6th this year, it’s a bonus. 

A couple more transfer windows, with contracts expiring next year, and we won’t recognise this team (in a good way, based on the recruitment franks done so far). Players getting up to fitness, Frank finding his preferred 11, players getting used to Frank etc. will all take time.

im very excited about next season already. If only we can keep hold of a manager for more than one full season. (I know it always seems to be ‘next season, next season, mañana, mañana’ but isn’t it unrealistic to expect a manager to suddenly be a progidy in their first ever season?

Archived