Gary rowett “the truth may not always come out”

superrams23

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Probably just a quick lie, would never off expected to be asked that when they are at sheff Wednesday away 

Yeah think this was just a comment made from someone uncomfortable and on the defensive. A little passive aggressiveness remark, nothing more.

I very much doubt there’s any “truth” to come out. 

13 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah think this was just a comment made from someone uncomfortable and on the defensive. A little passive aggressiveness remark, nothing more.

I very much doubt there’s any “truth” to come out. 

Agree. Just because fans don't know the whole picture and he probably feels unfairly criticized, stoke expecting to dominate every team on an easy and enjoyable brief visit to the championship (ho ho ho)

No doubt there will have been conversations that will have gone on between him & Mel that we won't be privy. I imagine it happens all the time. I'm not entirely sure what the 'truth' is that he's alluding to, but I doubt it's going to be massively shocking. A change in approach following Lampard's appointment probably being the point he was making, although we haven't spent massively. We've just distributed the budget around more.

He was given the golden job in the Championship at Stoke - the job that any manager in the division would have wanted. The budget, the players, etc. He's just not doing a very good job of it. Throwing away a 2-0 lead is so far from what Rowett was good at implementing here that it leads me to believe he's tried to change his approach. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I would imagine that he is referring to Lampard being given a different budget to the one he was expecting.

He didn’t though. Rowett would have wanted to keep Vydra. So we had all that extra money, plus the £2mil we got for Rowett himself, to play with. 

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No doubt there will have been conversations that will have gone on between him & Mel that we won't be privy. I imagine it happens all the time. I'm not entirely sure what the 'truth' is that he's alluding to, but I doubt it's going to be massively shocking. A change in approach following Lampard's appointment probably being the point he was making, although we haven't spent massively. We've just distributed the budget around more.

He was given the golden job in the Championship at Stoke - the job that any manager in the division would have wanted. The budget, the players, etc. He's just not doing a very good job of it. Throwing away a 2-0 lead is so far from what Rowett was good at implementing here that it leads me to believe he's tried to change his approach. 

It's obvious that Rowett and Mel had a chat about his poo football and they came to a decision that Stoke would not play the Derby way so would be better for him, it's obvious.

Archived