The last 5 minutes of a match.

Coneheadjohn

If I am at the game and we are winning I am screaming at the forwards to drop back and cover runners and at the defence to push out.

If they were listening they would possible pass each other in opposite directions.

When we are losing, every misplaced pass or inaccurate cross is like a dagger to my heart.

I may need therapy.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:17, coneheadjohn said:

Of a match,winning,losing or drawing.

Watching live on a screen or listening.

If we’re winning by a single goal I find it unbearable and usually pace around the house,sit on the toilet or go out.

Losing,I will be throwing a strop.

I do realise that anyone who sits in the East Stand will be on their way home at this point.

What do you do?

I get incredibly tense at all stages during the second half of a game if we are winning or drawing. Don't find it so bad if we are losing. It is a bit of a family trait, my dad, a Saints fan, is just the same-if we are watching at home on tv on occasions we say 'shall we turn it off for 5 minutes'....I did just that in the famous play off second leg during extra time v Saints...just to turn back on as Rasiak was celebrating his injury time equaliser!!!!

If I’m listening to radio derby, then I’m pacing the house and generally bricking it, heading and kicking every ball. Because radio derby make a comfortable 2-0 victory sound tense in the dying minutes!!

If I’m at the game, depends how the game is going. If we’re looking comfortable and we’re managing the game in the right areas i.e Their half, then I’m relaxed. If we’re under siege and hacking it anywhere, it’s jumping up and down head in hands lots of nerves.

Then there’s forest where I wake up in a state of panic, and I’m nervous all day going to the toilet several times, then hardly daring to watch the 90 minutes, singing and chanting loudly to try and fail to get rid of my nerves until the full time whistle. The whole day is horrendous....until we win!

Archived