The last 5 minutes of a match.

Coneheadjohn

Of a match,winning,losing or drawing.

Watching live on a screen or listening.

If we’re winning by a single goal I find it unbearable and usually pace around the house,sit on the toilet or go out.

Losing,I will be throwing a strop.

I do realise that anyone who sits in the East Stand will be on their way home at this point.

What do you do?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm at the game no problem but trying to follow it via this forum can be a recipe for a heart attack. Those 3 letters bring on a cold sweat - FFS! When it's a poster playing the fool you could happily throttle them.

Golden rule though - don't listen to Radio Derby 

I'm an East Stand Ram and never leave before full time!

I don't drive anymore so no traffic to worry about. If we're winning and it looks safe, opposition staying back, etc. then we'll be debating where to have a swift pint on the way back to the station, if we're losing we'll be debating whether or not we can get a jog on to get the earlier train. Never ever leave before full time though and always applaud the team.

39 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

I'm an East Stand Ram and never leave before full time!

I don't drive anymore so no traffic to worry about. If we're winning and it looks safe, opposition staying back, etc. then we'll be debating where to have a swift pint on the way back to the station, if we're losing we'll be debating whether or not we can get a jog on to get the earlier train. Never ever leave before full time though and always applaud the team.

I'm in South stand, but basically the same as this. Except I get the bus from Chad so debating whether I have time to grab a KFC before crossing the bridge or not.

1 minute ago, Paese said:

I'm in South stand, but basically the same as this. Except I get the bus from Chad so debating whether I have time to grab a KFC before crossing the bridge or not.

Got a few mates in Chadd and I've done that bridge walk with them-- felt like cattle being herded to a new field haha. Last time I did it was when we beat Cardiff last season in the rearranged match so we were all in good spirits ?

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Of a match,winning,losing or drawing.

Watching live on a screen or listening.

If we’re winning by a single goal I find it unbearable and usually pace around the house,sit on the toilet or go out.

Losing,I will be throwing a strop.

I do realise that anyone who sits in the East Stand will be on their way home at this point.

What do you do?

Well I sit in the east stand and have never ever gone home early ... just can’t 

During MAC’s time we seemed to have 2 tactics .. send on the cavalry or dither deep in our half. The later was dire, fidget city in my seat. I’d swear I got late onset ADHD. Terrible. No nails, bad tempered, palpitations

i’m ignoring Clement and Pearson because it rarely felt right for the whole game even in Clements best period. I am probably re inventing history but it fits today’s tale ? 

Rowett was a bit better we went through a period when Curtiss and Keogh made sure the ball went up the pitch so the last 5 mins were tolerable.

At the moment with super Frankie I feel like we are like Fergie’s United re born .. “can they score .. they always score” ... much better and somehow I always think Scotty or a random leg will save us  .. hope rather than naked fear ?

Easy to be critical of leavers when you are young and fit but when you are older with mobility problems your world changes.

Sitting for 2+ hours can be agony, stairs in a crowd are a nightmare, walking across the post match race track carpark is deadly. You need the loo desperately. so you leave 5 minutes early. In several seasons we have only missed a few goals (ours).

If I'm at the game, I stick it out to the bitter end regardless (another East Stander).

If at home, I flick between twitter, this forum and the BBC website in the ridiculous hope that, if we're winning it will make the time pass faster but if we're losing or drawing I somehow think we'll get a goal if I check the score by a different method. 

29 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Easy to be critical of leavers when you are young and fit but when you are older with mobility problems your world changes.

Sitting for 2+ hours can be agony, stairs in a crowd are a nightmare, walking across the post match race track carpark is deadly. You need the loo desperately. so you leave 5 minutes early. In several seasons we have only missed a few goals (ours).

Nothing wrong with going early,everyone’s circumstances are different.

Archived