U23s v Leicester City

Day

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ambitious said:

It's really straight forward separating the wheat from the chaff at this level. The speed of thought from the haves & have nots is huge. McAllistair has been on for 10 minutes & you can see that he has something about him. 

Good to hear. Any idea why he wasn’t starting? Is he still building fitness?

2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

No idea, maybe, he's had no end of injury issues since joining. I'm not a massive fan of that Eyoma, he can't do anything without throwing in a step over. He's produced the square root of nothing so far. I suppose he's won fouls, but just seems like one of those players that would look great on a Sunday morning, but well off ever making it at professional level. I suppose it's one for Mickleover Sports to keep an eye on. 

18 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Don't think he's played 90 minutes for years so he's been eased in very gently. A full half will be a big step. He's looked good so far. 

Meanwhile George Thorne is trying to influence the game more. Was at fault for the first goal, but looking lots better now. Had a decent shot from distance, despite a disappointing set-up from Bird who should have rolled it in front of his teammate to tee him up.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Max Bird the youngest player on the pitch, perhaps the most gifted out of everyone too. He's a real, real talent. If I was a scout for a bigger club, I'd be chucking money at him to get him signed up. 

I’d sign Sibley first.

14 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Thorne, mcAlistair and Bird looking good. 

& Barnes, good distribution and kept the score respectable towards the end there.

I don't think I've ever been as exasperated by the performance of an U23 player than I have been with Eyoma's tonight, he had me swearing at the screen.

Archived