On the day ticket pricing

superzak

I know its still holiday season and it depends on the opposition but 24000 in midweek is quite low for us. Its £28 for todays match if your having to purchase on the day. This seems a ridiculously high price for a Championship game and will not be helping with the attendance.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, superzak said:

I know its still holiday season and it depends on the opposition but 24000 in midweek is quite low for us. Its £28 for todays match if your having to purchase on the day. This seems a ridiculously high price for a Championship game and will not be helping with the attendance.

It cost me £27 on the day of release for the Brentford game.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It's a tricky one isn't it, the club though definitely can't start selling tickets at prices lower then the average match price of a season ticket holder for obvious reasons.

That’s how I see it. I get the midweek games for free having a season ticket. If they start giving the tickets away for free, why have a season ticket?

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

That’s how I see it. I get the midweek games for free having a season ticket. If they start giving the tickets away for free, why have a season ticket?

One of the other obvious advantages of a season ticket is that you're guaranteed the same seat every game but I don't think season ticket holders would want to pay for this premium if match day tickets were then being sold at a lower aggregate price.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

The demand based pricing business model?

They stopped that last season, I think. 

Maybe it's to encourage early sales and allow them to staff appropriately? Seems a bit much to me.

Don't mind paying £28-30 on a Saturday but midweek games pricing needs to come down £27.50 on Tuesday against Ipswich is a rip off. Also I notice that we don't a category for under 23s etc like many clubs do. Pricing is too high and needs to  be reviewed by the club. Attendance in the last two games has been low. 

5 hours ago, Inglorius said:

The demand based pricing business model?

Can’t be. With so many empty seats. There was zero demand for seats today. It must be more akin to knowing roughly how many are coming, to allow the  club and caterers to  pitch the staffing levels according 

Archived