v Ipswich live on RamsTV for UK fans

Day

Full article: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/08/a-historic-night-for-ramstv

Next Tuesday’s game with Ipswich Town is set to be a special one, with RamsTV able to broadcast the match live to supporters in the UK for the very first time.

The match marks somewhat of a culmination of 18 months of hard work for the team behind RamsTV, after it successfully streamed the club’s first team fixtures to thousands of fans across the globe during the 2017/18 season.

Due to an EFL rule change at the beginning of this season, clubs are now allowed to broadcast mid-week league games to audiences in the UK – as long as the matches have not already been selected for traditional television coverage.

The fixture with Ipswich Town will therefore be the first to be available to stream in the UK through both dcfc.co.uk and the club’s official app for the one-off pay-per-view charge of £10 (a price set by the EFL). 

RamsTV subscribers located outside of the UK will still be to stream the game or make a one-off purchase at the regular international pay-per-view cost of £5. Existing overseas video subscribers will have all domestic streams included in their subscription. Domestic audio subscribers will not have access to live video with their subscription and will need to purchase a pay-per-view package.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£10 is higher than I would have priced it at possibly by a couple of quid.

But if there’s a family watching or a few friends then I guess it’s not too bad.

The quality of the stream has to be bang on though or they’ll be under pressure.

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Sky red button game though?

It is yes, so if you have Sky Sports subscription through a box (not NowTV) you can watch on the red button.

This won’t effect users outside the UK who can watch with their regular monthly subscription or pay to view.

Surely it's illegal to discriminate on pricing based on where in the EU you reside?

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/pricing-payments/index_en.htm

As an EU national you can't be charged a higher price when buying products or services just because of your nationality or country of residence. Some price differences can be justified, if they are based on objective criteria other than nationality.

Sample story

You can't be charged more just because of your country of residence

Hilda from Denmark wanted to book a hire car in Spain for her summer holidays. She chose the car she wanted to book on the website of a Spanish car rental company. However, when she entered her address to finalise the reservation, she saw that the total price for her car rental increased by EUR 140.

Hilda contacted her local European Consumer Centre to complain about this price discrimination. They requested that the car rental company bring their website in line with EU rules.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Surely it's illegal to discriminate on pricing based on where it the EU you reside?

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/pricing-payments/index_en.htm

As an EU national you can't be charged a higher price when buying products or services just because of your nationality or country of residence. Some price differences can be justified, if they are based on objective criteria other than nationality.

Sample story

Hilda from Denmark wanted to book a hire car in Spain for her summer holidays. She chose the car she wanted to book on the website of a Spanish car rental company. However, when she entered her address to finalise the reservation, she saw that the total price for her car rental increased by EUR 140.

Hilda contacted her local European Consumer Centre to complain about this price discrimination. They requested that the car rental company bring their website in line with EU rules.

£10 is set by efl £5 by DCFC I think that’s what it says.  If you're suggesting I have to pay £10 just to be consistent you can duck off?

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

£10 is set by efl £5 by DCFC I think that’s what it says.  If you're suggesting I have to pay £10 just to be consistent you can duck off?

Don't the EFL set all prices?

It's them that's the problem, not DCFC.

You would think this will all effect the attendance at P.P. If you have sky its free on the red button...if you was a casual attender and dont have sky   its far cheaper to pay the £10 than actually attend the game.  Us season ticket holders only then lol

Just now, Carnero said:

£10 if your in the UK but £5 if you're outside the UK.

duck off EFL.

How is that is anyway fair?

Copywrite, fairness is nothing to do with it.  I wonder whether dcfc have to pay any of that to sky, £5 for example.  Sky are just protecting their subscription package, barstewards

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Copywrite, fairness is nothing to do with it.  I wonder whether dcfc have to pay any of that to sky, £5 for example.  Sky are just protecting their subscription package, barstewards

Good point!

Fortunately it's not going to affect me too much as a ST holder and Sky subscriber I've already paid for most of the matches I'll be watching.

It's still a compeltely unfair price for UK residents to have to pay more for the exact same thing... and possibly even illegal under EU law as @reveldevil has pointed out.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Good point!

Fortunately it's not going to affect me too much as a ST holder and Sky subscriber I've already paid for most of the matches I'll be watching.

It's still a compeltely unfair price for UK residents to have to pay more for the exact same thing... and possibly even illegal under EU law as @reveldevil has pointed out.

Sky coverage is not available abroad so they are not discriminating.  The only way this can be levelled out is to charge people like me more hence my motivation to respond.  Must say I was shocked by the £10 when I saw it.  Not convinced that DCFC will sell much of this package which is only aimed at those without sky access and do not go to games

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Surely it's illegal to discriminate on pricing based on where in the EU you reside?

Sample story

Anyone with enough time on their hands to make a complaint to the club? 

Archived