Up to 10 players out of contract - smarter window than we give ourselves credit for?

Duracell

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent analysis, that. Makes total sense that with 10 players gone next summer we should be starting the rebuild now. There will be a lot of work to do next summer. Very smart.

I imagine all the lads we’ve signed on permanents have been sold that story. “This is the start of a big change-around. Settle yourself in the squad this year, and establish yourself as a Derby player for next season when the squad/culture will be seeing a total overhaul”.

Just a shame the loan signings are only 12 months!

8 hours ago, cannable said:

Didn’t those who understand the accounts mention that we can’t let them all go because they’re listed as assets equivalent to their transfer fees?

Keeping them only delays a problem rather than solve it though.

They will still amortise by the same amount but over 2 years instead of one, but of course we will also have to pay their wages in full for the year.

Frank has done what he said he would do...bring in youth and movement.

So I really cant see that (as some people have suggested) we are going to keep Huddlestone and Ledley with a view to them getting a year in the Premier League.

Compared to what Rowett said (and then 'delivered') he has been a breath of fresh air. And the loyalty fans want shown to players like Bryson and Thorne won't be of any concern to him. The lack of outs (so far) is masking what a massive shake up is going on and I for one love it. There is virtually no-one (with the exception of Carson) that we could get rid of that would concern me. Lots of players had their last hurrah last season...a whole new approach was needed and he is doing it...without the bringing the conflict that Pearson did.

Archived