Let’s Sue QPR

Doodle

It’s probably old news, but just heard QPR have been found guilty of breaching FFP rules and fined 42 million by the football league. Their cheating had zero effect on the football league, but maximum effect on Derby. Surely at a very minimum the 42 million should go straight to Derby, but would suggest a law suit could land us a massive % of what we have lost out on by missing out on the premier leagues riches. If someone wanted to believe in conspiracy theories, is it possible our current (over) spending is quid pro quo for this travesty of justice ? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets be right, FFP is not to stop club v club advantage, it's there to protect clubs, fans and local businesses from chancers wasting loads of money then running away leaving the club in the mire.

QPR owners have been punished in terms of they have had to give the debt away, so if they decide to walk away from QPR, the debt doesn't remain with the club.

We didn't lose that play-off due to them overspending. 

Just now, Kernow said:

We lost the game when it was there for the taking.

Time to move on & get over it.

I didn’t trip on the stairs on my way out so not phoning a claims company. But WHY do the football league get 42 million when we suffered the results of their blatant cheating. This money could just be the final boost this club needs

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I didn’t trip on the stairs on my way out so not phoning a claims company. But WHY do the football league get 42 million when we suffered the results of their blatant cheating. This money could just be the final boost this club needs

This just comes across as bitter.

5 minutes ago, Moist One said:

lets be right, FFP is not to stop club v club advantage, it's there to protect clubs, fans and local businesses from chancers wasting loads of money then running away leaving the club in the mire.

QPR owners have been punished in terms of they have had to give the debt away, so if they decide to walk away from QPR, the debt doesn't remain with the club.

We didn't lose that play-off due to them overspending. 

Ridiculous. If they had not been paying Zamora et el more than they could afford. They wouldn’t have signed for them 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Surely every team in our league suffered as a result then? Their overspending didn’t cause them to win one game against us.

Why would we have any chance of winning a £42mil claim when another 20 teams were also not promoted that season.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Surely every team in our league suffered as a result then? Their overspending didn’t cause them to win one game against us.

Why would we have any chance of winning a £42mil claim when another 20 teams were also not promoted that season.

Simple mathematics. The closer you are to promotion the bigger effect it had. I’m sure teams in and around the play offs would also get a percentage in law. But if you finished 16 th it wasn’t because QPR cheated, it’s was because you’re as crap as forest 

Just now, Doodle said:

What part?

Not sure mate, whether it was a percentage of the fine or whole fine, I  can’t see the EFL giving it all away can you, I’m sure I’d seen it a while ago on the QPR ffp thread, I’m certainly not going through it again to see if I’m right

25 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I’m sure I read or heard somewhere part of the money was distributed amongst the other clubs in the league that had stayed within the FFP

That was the original plan, but for some legal reason couldn't happen.

Now the fines are given to charity.

Archived