NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

1 minute ago, David said:

I haven’t made it a big deal out of it, you just can’t handle the gentle ribbing for the Saintless draft sulking, throwing your rattles at us like we somehow controlled the auto picks. ?

Snooze you lose! 

I'm not sure I did ?

I wasn't actually upset, if that's what you think. But even if I was none of my statements were aimed at anyone. 

I was more miffed at the implication that I was purposefully wrecking my team and not taking it for what it is, a "bit of fun" as if I was somehow affecting your enjoyment. But if I misinterpreted that statement then fair enough.

I've been really enjoying the back-and-forth trading with @Carnero and whoever had Michael Thomas.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I was more miffed at the implication that I was purposefully wrecking my team and not taking it for what it is, a "bit of fun" as if I was somehow affecting your enjoyment. But if I misinterpreted that statement then fair enough.

?

On 03/09/2018 at 14:41, SaintRam said:

I'm contemplating having everyone offering me a trade of their worst player for Melvin Gordon and having a raffle ? 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I traded half my team to get Michael Thomas! Basically every player I got was worse than the players I traded but I'm happier and that's all that matters.

Just now, David said:

I traded half my team essentially (but it was 3 for 3) and it is true that every players projections were worse than one of the players I was trading away, but by less than 5 points. I was exaggerating for effect.

I said the Melvin Gordon thing because 5 people (including you) offered me ridiculous trades for Melvin Gordon before I said it, and it was making me laugh.

I can understand you missing the point of my posts, that happens, and the "gentle ribbing" at the start was fun but when you keep doubling down on banter over a circumstance that's clearly gone over your head it's annoying and embarrassing.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I can understand you missing the point of my posts, that happens, and the "gentle ribbing" at the start was fun but when you keep doubling down on banter over a circumstance that's clearly gone over your head it's annoying and embarrassing.

Not sure the misunderstanding is on my part ?

3C5FD96F-904B-47E6-9B32-A889888E516A.gif

Just now, David said:

Not sure the misunderstanding is on my part ?

3C5FD96F-904B-47E6-9B32-A889888E516A.gif

Mate, I don't like the internet. ?

I don't know why but the "bit of fun" bit really got to me ?

I've just been given 3 projects to complete before the end of the week though so perspective re-aligned.

After "wrecking it" though, my lineup is now better than yours ?

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

You now have a deal @SaintRam - I'm surprised you didn't dump Bortles on me ?

haha you should be more surprised I took Dak instead of Smith, but another one of my high-risk low-reward instincts took over ? 

I'm comfortable with Bortles taking up space at the moment. That might change if injuries start hitting me though, he's definitely in the firing line if I need to bring backups in.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Mate, I don't like the internet. ?

I don't know why but the "bit of fun" bit really got to me ?

I've just been given 3 projects to complete before the end of the week though so perspective re-aligned.

After "wrecking it" though, my lineup is now better than yours ?

That’s the spirit, bit of fighting talk!

Will make victory taste even sweeter.

Just now, David said:

That’s the spirit, bit of fighting talk!

Will make victory taste even sweeter.

Very high risk, low reward strategy knowing your interest in NFL ? 

If I win, who cares?!

I am getting the secondary to your main RB in my trade with Carnero though, so time to cross some fingers for injuries ? 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

haha you should be more surprised I took Dak instead of Smith, but another one of my high-risk low-reward instincts took over ? 

I'm comfortable with Bortles taking up space at the moment. That might change if injuries start hitting me though, he's definitely in the firing line if I need to bring backups in.

I was happy with either, Dak will have a better season this year than last. I drafted 3 QB as I'm unsure about Luck's shoulder but I'll gamble that he stays fit. I can always come back in for Bortles if needs be :-)

Just now, SaintRam said:

Very high risk, low reward strategy knowing your interest in NFL ? 

If I win, who cares?!

I am getting the secondary to your main RB in my trade with Carnero though, so time to cross some fingers for injuries ? 

My main RB is on the bench, Bernard. Just waiting to unleash him on you all.

1 minute ago, David said:

My main RB is on the bench, Bernard. Just waiting to unleash him on you all.

Bold play ? I'd stick with the Broncos Rookie myself but that's because I'm all about the rookies in fantasy.

Although I had to look to the waivers this time to dig some out, I've got high hopes for Ronald Jones II to overcome his pre-season form.

26 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Duke Johnson and Dak for Crowell?

What kind of trade is that?!

Carnero clearly sees some opportunity in Crowell, he's been trying pretty hard to get him.

Plus he does have 3 QBs, so that lowers QB value for him, it's not as strange as it seems.

Unless your exacerbation is in the other direction and you think Crowell is worth more than those two, in which case clearly I don't know nearly enough about Isaiah Crowell ? 

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Carnero clearly sees some opportunity in Crowell, he's been trying pretty hard to get him.

Plus he does have 3 QBs, so that lowers QB value for him, it's not as strange as it seems.

Unless your exacerbation is in the other direction and you think Crowell is worth more than those two, in which case clearly I don't know nearly enough about Isaiah Crowell ? 

Haha no I was the poor guy who had Crowell for the first few weeks of last season. Sheesh. Never again.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Who is Let's Get Phyzequiel?

And do they know Ingram is suspended?

Yeah, not sorted my line up yet. I've got a draft for another league tonight and once that's sorted I'm going to go through all my teams. 

Cheers for the heads up though.  

56 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Haha no I was the poor guy who had Crowell for the first few weeks of last season. Sheesh. Never again.

Crowell gives me 3 x RB1's to choose 2 from, that's why I've been after another RB. Crowell was the best I could get without losing one of my starters! Think this trade suits both mine and @SaintRam teams to be honest, as I still have Smith as QB2.

Archived