NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I had Alvin Kamara last season from the 7th round. I've had my enjoyment ? 

He was my overall #1 (if my list was followed), so I assume he was someone else's before me in the first round.

I've written him and Drew Brees off, i don't have the value in my team to pinch either. Probably Mark Ingram too.

But Michael Thomas is my fav players and I reckon a trade there is do-able.

Cameron Meredith maybe too.

Might even make a desparate play for Wil Lutz as my kicker just to garner some interest in the season.

What value do you have in mind Saint... ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

What value do you have in mind Saint... ?

haha, I picked up Tre'Quan Smith off Waivers as he and Meredith have been sharing load pretty successfully in pre-season. Brees is the type of QB that sprays the ball out to everyone, so even if Smith's great pre-season form is not indicative he'll still get some numbers. 

In general news, my team is now far more Saints-y so I'm much happier. The potential trade is a bit of a gamble but fk it whats life without a little fun. 

Realised Bortles hadn't been picked up so grabbed him. I reckon Jags will be contenders this year.

Matthew Stafford's still a pretty safe fall-back if I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Realised Bortles hadn't been picked up so grabbed him. I reckon Jags will be contenders this year.

Matthew Stafford's still a pretty safe fall-back if I'm wrong.

There is no way on earth Bortles, who can't throw more than 6 yards per attempt, is getting more points than Matt Stafford. Not by any metric. 

Yes the Jags will be good - despite of Bortles, not because. He's the worst starting QB in the league, and worse than a couple of backups to boot. That's both fantasy and in real-life.

What's your logic here?!

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

There is no way on earth Bortles, who can't throw more than 6 yards per attempt, is getting more points than Matt Stafford. Not by any metric. 

Yes the Jags will be good - despite of Bortles, not because. He's the worst starting QB in the league, and worse than a couple of backups to boot. That's both fantasy and in real-life.

What's your logic here?!

You think he's the worst starting QB in the league? Fair enough. I don't. 

He was only 20 pts behind Stafford last year and has added a WR in DJ Chark I've followed through college (I support LSU) and really rate, whereas I'm unconvinced that Stafford's offense has improved.

I'm still starting with Stafford week 1, because he's against the (imo) worse team, but I think they're pretty even and very capable to get shut down against good D's, so I'm looking to keep switching between them depending on opposition.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You think he's the worst starting QB in the league? Fair enough. I don't. 

He was only 20 pts behind Stafford last year and has added a WR in DJ Chark I've followed through college (I support LSU) and really rate, whereas I'm unconvinced that Stafford's offense has improved.

I'm still starting with Stafford week 1, because he's against the (imo) worse team, but I think they're pretty even and very capable to get shut down against good D's, so I'm looking to keep switching between them depending on opposition.

You're in the minority of on that.

Stafford has a massively improved offensive line compared to recent seasons, and an improved running back corps - both will massively help him to take deep shots and use Golladay, who was looking the real deal before injury.

Jags are a Superbowl team with a different quarterback.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

You're in the minority of on that.

Stafford has a massively improved offensive line compared to recent seasons, and an improved running back corps - both will massively help him to take deep shots and use Golladay, who was looking the real deal before injury.

Jags are a Superbowl team with a different quarterback.

It's whatever, it's not something I'm particularly interested in having a lengthy discussion about. I'm just giving myself options cos I missed the draft so don't have Drew Brees ? - I don't want to have to rely on a potentially mediocre QB with no backup to switch in in emergencies.

I'm still going to play the same way I do every year, filling out my backups with sleeper rookies. The only difference is usually I have a really great starter team, which isn't true this time. But them's the breaks when you miss the draft. 

Got Kamara and Brees in my other league, so I'm more into that one. This one's my risk taking league.

14 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’m a bit disappointed, I thought there was a trade tsunami kicking off the way things were looking the other day.

Where are you? Let’s be ‘avin you

Some of us are at it ? 

I traded half my team to get Michael Thomas! Basically every player I got was worse than the players I traded but I'm happier and that's all that matters.

I've created two more "fantasy" games...

First one, which i have invited everyone in the standard league to, is the Weekly Pick'Em. So just select who you think will win every game each week and we will see who's the most accurate.

http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/group/194295/join?icampaign=weeklypickem_lm_email_invite&mp=cd95957c4d2ad20fea04b484724c8e15.

League: DCFC Fans

Password: Lampard

The second one is the NFL Challenge, which is the NFL UK one with Sky Sports. This is a weekly fantasy challenge where you pick players (and defence etc), and you re-pick every week. This is also an open scoring rather than head-to-head every week like the standard league.

https://nflchallenge.skysports.com/#league/standings/14336?code=CDUSES32

55 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Some of us are at it ? 

I traded half my team to get Michael Thomas! Basically every player I got was worse than the players I traded but I'm happier and that's all that matters.

Have you watched the Super Bowl for the last 7 years?

Just a bit weird that in a side game “fantasy”, bit of fun, you have to have Saints players to hold your interest, so much so you’ve pretty much wrecked your team. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

Just a bit weird that in a side game “fantasy”, bit of fun, you have to have Saints players to hold your interest, so much so you’ve pretty much wrecked your team. 

I usually go the other way - avoid Ravens players so if the Ravens are doing terribly i can at least enjoy Fantasy Football.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Just now, David said:

@SaintRam the kind of fan that would play FIFA Ultimate Team and just buy all the Derby players and play single player mode ?

I don't know why you're making such a big thing about how I enjoy my time, but I guess I'll bite.

I watch every playoff game and the superbowl for the past 5 years. I wasn't a Saints fan when they won, I hadn't watched a single game of the NFL when they won.

Also, I haven't wrecked my team, I've just made the score "projections" about 4% worse - and they're usually not all that close anyway. I still have a better overall lineup than many of the sides I've looked at.

Even then, my interest in how I play such games is my prerogative but my fan-bias is accentuated with the Saints because even when the Saints are poo they still have a top 5 offense. Which makes them always relevant pickups for fantasy. Michael Thomas will probably be a top 5 receiver this year. It just so happens he's also my favourite player, so I'm going to value him higher than an analysis A.I.

The other Saints I've grabbed are a 'steady' TE backup in case Ertz gets hurt, and a rookie WR backup who did well in pre-season who I'm getting now so I don't have to fight for him *if* his value increases. I'll just swap him out if he doesn't do anything. Same with the Jags and Bucs rookies I have.

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

I usually go the other way - avoid Ravens players so if the Ravens are doing terribly i can at least enjoy Fantasy Football.

One of my Saints fans friends takes that line, perfectly reasonable.

Although that's partially because he's usually in a league full of Saints fans ? 

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know why you're making such a big thing about how I enjoy my time, but I guess I'll bite.

I haven’t made it a big deal out of it, you just can’t handle the gentle ribbing for the Saintless draft sulking, throwing your rattles at us like we somehow controlled the auto picks. ?

Snooze you lose! 

Archived