NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/08/2018 at 19:18, Carnero said:

^ can you change it to the Monday then please @r4derby ??

As it stands, more people have specified Sunday. I’ll give it another couple of days for others to specify preference. (For what it’s worth, I have more chance of making a Monday, but not guaranteed for either. Auto draft is fine by me if I can’t though)

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

He has, to say that it should be on a Sunday evening... as that's when the NFL games are played so if you can't make the draft, you can't be watching the games. ?

While I don't care when the fantasy draft is, I don't watch any non-PlayOff NFL games live. Majority are usually on far too late, and they go on for ages.

I watch Saints games (in-full) the following day so I can skip all the downtime and actually be awake, and the occasional game being touted as particularly good in the same way. 

37 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

While I don't care when the fantasy draft is, I don't watch any non-PlayOff NFL games live. Majority are usually on far too late, and they go on for ages.

I watch Saints games (in-full) the following day so I can skip all the downtime and actually be awake, and the occasional game being touted as particularly good in the same way. 

To be fair, as a Ravens fan the vast majority of our games are on at 6pm on a Sunday, which means it's done by 9.15pm before bed!

5 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

To be fair, as a Ravens fan the vast majority of our games are on at 6pm on a Sunday, which means it's done by 9.15pm before bed!

Tis true, timezones do have an effect. I'm not saying its unreasonable for people to watch it live, I'm just saying its really practical to watch the games at a later date. They're very accessible. So whether or not someone is free to watch it live is irrelevant. 

Honestly I wouldn't be able to do it. I get as into the Ravens when the season arrives as I do with Derby. I have to watch it live or it just isn't the same. The American forums and things are quite fun on game days too and so is following along with Redzone when the other games are on, especially with my fantasy football teams.

But I know that's not always an available option for people and the option to watch the condensed game in 40 minutes is absolutely brilliant on GamePass so I can't blame anyone who does it that way.

A few people have asked for later, so I feel like tonight at 8:30pm will have the best coverage. Looking forward to it.

Few pointers for anyone new to this experience:

If you can’t get online for the draft, head over to the fantasy league and set your teams auto-picks. This is NOT essential, especially if you’re unsure of players as the NFL ones are usually fairly accurate. However, if you have any favourite players you want the computer to try and grab for you early you can set it to.

If you can, the draft client tends to open about 15-20 mins before the draft. You can draft on computer, tablet or phone, I’ve tried all over the years and each works well.

With there being 14 teams, the draft could last a while if a lot of us are online. However, at any point you can let the computer take over the draft for you. This is handy in the later rounds if you are busy or not fussed about your bench players etc.

Archived