Steve Bruce Out, Thierry Henry In?

Day

No surprise that Bruce is shown the door now they have funding, Thierry Henry would be a surprise though. Has just left his role with Sky Sports to focus on his coaching career, is this what he had lined up?

926DA166-1733-4130-9F3B-81B6811624AD.jpeg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 hours ago, David said:

No surprise that Bruce is shown the door now they have funding, Thierry Henry would be a surprise though. Has just left his role with Sky Sports to focus on his coaching career, is this what he had lined up?

926DA166-1733-4130-9F3B-81B6811624AD.jpeg

Does this mean they will be able to spunk lots of money again? New owners in write debts off or settle them then spend again?  Bit like them down the road.

Yeah but they're actually sacking a very good and successful manager to take this punt. We had no manager and needed a bit of excitement whereas they have everything in place for another challenge.

Not that im moaning - hope it all goes wrong and Henry gets sacked by Christmas.

Bruce is a bit like Rowett in that once the results are not going your way you have nothing to fall back on, leaves him exposed to the pitchforks. One game from the Premier League and they want the man out, in fairness he did have a disgustingly expensive squad assembled and probably expected a more comfortable season which it wasn't.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.14.47.png

1 hour ago, David said:

Bruce is a bit like Rowett in that once the results are not going your way you have nothing to fall back on, leaves him exposed to the pitchforks. One game from the Premier League and they want the man out, in fairness he did have a disgustingly expensive squad assembled and probably expected a more comfortable season which it wasn't.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.14.47.png

I hope you're not fraternising on other fans.uk sites David. I'm not sure I can handle knowing that.

Just now, Moist One said:

I hope you're not fraternising on other fans.uk sites David. I'm not sure I can handle knowing that.

I’ve not signed up if you’re worried about that, just a peeping Tom when clubs are struggling 

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Wow! Villa know how to make some stupid decisions!!! I was thinking as long as they've still got Steve Bruce, then they're a definite promotion challenger. This is suicide innit??

Would you have took him here if he was in the running for the job pre-Lampard?

I heard about this last night. On the face of it, it’s exactly the same as our situation. But for some reason it doesn’t feel that way. 

A) we’re benefitting from lampards pulling power. Does Henry have as much? Does Villa need pulling power? Is Henry going to improve their already considerable pulling power (through gritted teeth) being one of the biggest clubs in the second tier?

b) they already have a good manager. This reminds me far more of Birmingham sacking Rowett to replace him with Zola. Although we also have parallels to that. Finishing 6th, and replaced with a great ex-player. The difference being that we didn’t sack him, and I don’t believe we would have been stupid enough to. But stoke making the offer was fortuitous for everyone. 

C) Lampard has had a full and encouraging preseason. It’s a bit late in the day to be changing managers now.

Maybe I’m just being biased, or it’s wishful thinking, but it really doesn’t feel the same. I’m very optimistic for our chances, but I feel this will end badly for Villa. 

Archived