Back on the bandwagon!

drgoodspeak

I've cracked and just bought a season ticket. Pressure was building; was I going to miss out on something special? We may all be deluded, but I'm enjoying the promise.

I had an ST for the two seasons previous to the last. I was uninspired at the back end of the season when Rowett first joined, so decided to not bother last season. I went to to two early home games and didn't have much fun so that was it for me last season.

It's been said a few times already, but crash or burn, for the love of god just entertain!

Anyone else jumped back in with an ST this time round?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back on the bandwaggon this season too but never wanted to be off it. Had a season ticket between 1995 and 2011 but then a change in jobs meant I was frequently travelling and missed more than half the games in my last season. But now my work situation has changed and I'm back ?

But, I would've been back without Lampard and the fancy loan signings

I very nearly made the same decision as you after seeing worrying signs in Rowett's 9 fixtures before the end of the 16/17 season, but I crossed my fingers and hoped that my instincts were wrong. They were right and I had an utterly miserable time last season. Had things not changed I wouldn't have renewed for the first time in 14 years.

54 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

I've cracked and just bought a season ticket. Pressure was building; was I going to miss out on something special? We may all be deluded, but I'm enjoying the promise.

I had an ST for the two seasons previous to the last. I was uninspired at the back end of the season when Rowett first joined, so decided to not bother last season. I went to to two early home games and didn't have much fun so that was it for me last season.

It's been said a few times already, but crash or burn, for the love of god just entertain!

Anyone else jumped back in with an ST this time round?

Just keep the booing down please.

First season ticket 1966.

There were a few years since when I didn't have one, notably when I was bowling at a high level and in tournaments/team England events for a few years during the early 2000s. That continued through the time when the Amigos were in charge and raping the club for their own benefit, but since then, only last season did I not have one. I put off buying one, went to the first four games and decided that was enough. I just didn't see the point.

Buying ours tomorrow. Passports/proof of age at the ready.

4 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I'm back on the bandwaggon this season too but never wanted to be off it. Had a season ticket between 1995 and 2011 but then a change in jobs meant I was frequently travelling and missed more than half the games in my last season. But now my work situation has changed and I'm back ?

But, I would've been back without Lampard and the fancy loan signings

Scarily similar story for me. Even kept a season ticket despite moving to Norfolk a few years ago, but work travel really did make having one the past two years pointless. Bought next year's season ticket before Lampard but I'm probably going to get accused of jumping on the bandwagon when I take my seat for the first game.

I’m back on the bandwagon too ?. Been a Ram for over forty years since my dad indoctrinated me at a young age. My brother’s a Spurs fan, so at least he brought one of us up properly!

We’ve had season tickets on and off over that time, depending on circumstances. Not had one for a few years, although we’ve still been to matches each season. Got ourselves season tickets a couple of weekends ago. Can’t wait for the season to start.

I think this is how special the club is feeling at the moment, drawing both fans and players attention.

It's great to finally have the buzz that we had been missing through most parts of the season, genuinely fantastic to see so many fans happy to see where the club is at at the minute.

I wasn't going to renew this year. Then succumbed to mels clever ploy of promising to refund the cost if we went up.

never thought we were going up for a second, but somehow the ploy still worked.

would have struggled to find any enthusiasm for growett. 

Sorted.

I'm now sort-of ashamed that we didn't have a season ticket last year so that I could feel even better about the new regime than I do. Euphoric as opposed to orgasmic.

It started with one or two match tickets a season, just for a laugh, I was young carefree and bombproof.

Found myself with a half season ticket last year, but knew I had it all under control and I "could stop anytime I wanted to"

Now I've got a fullblown 20+ games a year ST addiction with all the trimmings - Booing and leaving 5 mins early.

I think I need an intervention.?

Archived