Ideal starting XI for Reading (A) - Discussion

RamsPolls

8 minutes ago, David said:

Only thing that’s bugging me with this team is the lowercase w’s 

Show Wisdom and Wilson some love and we might get more joy down the right side.

And whilst you’re at it, fetch Marriott a t.....and I don’t mean stick the kettle on.

Well if that’s the only thing that’s bugging you about it you must approve of the selection so I’m happy with that oh exalted one david with a small d!! ??

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well if that’s the only thing that’s bugging you about it you must approve of the selection so I’m happy with that oh exalted one david with a small d!! ??

Been talking with my missus?

18 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Yes. 

Second half we adjusted formation and  mount played in off the left and Lawrence was central worked really well too. 

Lawrence and mount have a Good understanding of each other and switched the number 10 and left mid frequently 

I think it was more a case of Mount and Bryson switching sides and having a more fluid / roaming position

CARSON

WISDOM             KEOGH  DAVIES                  LOWE

LEDLEY/HUDDLESTONE

MOUNT                           BRYSON

WILSON                     MARRIOT              LAWRENCE

This is the most excited I've been about a Derby team in a long time. It's scary what a couple of young exciting prospects can do to a club. I wrote this season off 2 weeks ago.. What a daft fecker. 

EXCITED ? 

Carson/ Roos

Bogle/Wisdom Keogh/Hanson Davies/Pearce Lowe/Foz 

Ledley/Huddlestone

Mount/Elsnik/Butterfield    Bryson/Johnson

Wilson/Thomas    Waghorn/Marriott/Bennett    Lawrence/Flo

Left hand side name would be starter, a selection of the right hand side names to make up the bench. 

Those not mentioned to be moved on? 

Unless we sign Waghorn I wouldn't be surprised to see him start with Nugent. Seems to be his favored out of the current crop and getting the impression he will want to give Marriott some minutes off the bench first to get him up to speed. hope I'm wrong mind.

I'm excited by this team but unfortunately can't stop myself sprinkling a dose of reality on my excitement.

I genuinely think our first 11 is as good as anyone in the league. If we were to have injuries I think we have an embarrassment of riches for the front 3. Defence I think we can cope. Holding midfield we also have options and cover. 

However the other two spots in the midfield three (vitally important) we are chronically short. If we lose Bryson or Mount we're royally screwed as we have no one who can come in who plays the same way, you're into the likes of Butterfield and Johnson who are not box to box (Mac 2 proved that).  Butterfield is not the answer to those who think he's done ok in pre-season for the same reasons we wanted him gone in the first place.

I'm disappointed it's all gone quiet on bayliss. We need at least one more midfielder to compete with Bryson and Mount (just can't see Bryson playing 40+ games)then I really think we've got a great chance. I think this is the missing piece of the jigsaw but to do it means shipping players out. It might just be a step too far for us this transfer window and we might have to rectify in Jan.

Still - think we'll start the season stronger than last which means we have a shot along with about 6 or 7 other clubs - all chasing Forest of course who have won the league already ???

11 minutes ago, RamsSong said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Bryson Ledley Mount

Wilson Nugent Lawrence

—Roos Forsyth Pearce Evans Johnson Jozefzoon Marriott—

Don’t think Evans will come straight in reckon it will be Huddlestone for him but otherwise spot on 

Just now, Ramos said:

Don’t think Evans will come straight in reckon it will be Huddlestone for him but otherwise spot on 

I think Huddlestone has a groin injury. I thought the same as you btw that Hudds would be on the bench but I’m not sure he’s going to be fit. 

Just now, RamsSong said:

I think Huddlestone has a groin injury. I thought the same as you btw that Hudds would be on the bench but I’m not sure he’s going to be fit. 

Ah fair enough I think you’ll be right then. Struggling to see how Huddlestone fits into lampards style tbh! 

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:52, IlsonDerby said:

Carson/ Roos

Bogle/Wisdom Keogh/Hanson Davies/Pearce Lowe/Foz 

Ledley/Huddlestone

Mount/Elsnik/Butterfield    Bryson/Johnson

Wilson/Thomas    Waghorn/Marriott/Bennett    Lawrence/Flo

Left hand side name would be starter, a selection of the right hand side names to make up the bench. 

Those not mentioned to be moved on? 

I honestly don't think butterfield will even get near the bench and waghorn is likely to be another clubs player and I think Forsyth will only be here until a replacement is found . Bennett will go out on loan if someone like Abraham comes in on loan . Jerome sold Blackman sent to Israel again , and Thorne loaned out

Archived