Which signings did you get absolutely spot on?

PodgeyRam

We've got a thread about which Derby signings people were wrong about., with some interesting answers.

I was wondering which signings people were absolutely spot about?  Tell us, who proved you absolutely right.

I'll start:

That Bueno chap looks  good, but he won't deal with the cold. A cold winter's night in Burnley proved that right.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra - top signing to play with - Martin but no we ship Martin out and leave Vydra up front on his own - madness 

Anya - £400,000 squad player -well he should have been but no we paid £4.5 million for someone who hardly gets in the squad - madness 

Raul Albentosa- didn't think he'd suit us or the championship BUT was so cheap we'd surely turn a profit selling him on and we (just about) did.

I'm going to throw in a signing we didn't make but I saw Nick Pope on loan at York city (who I lived by at the time) and instantly hoped we'd sign him, mentioned his name to couple of people I know who work in football inc. one at derby, if only we'd gone for him (admittedly I didn't think he'd be in a world cup squad). 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Vydra - top signing to play with - Martin but no we ship Martin out and leave Vydra up front on his own - madness 

Not sure you got that right, Vydra won the golden boot without Martin playing alongside him ?

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not sure you got that right, Vydra won the golden boot without Martin playing alongside him ?

He did but it still didn’t look right in my view ( I tend to think he may well of done also starting with Martin )

Archived