Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Papahet said:

What is the hype around this guy. Someone please do tell.

Looking at his goals per season, nowt special at all. Almost 25. Sounds like a poor mans Johnny Russell

Hes a midfielder. He got 30 assists or something daft last year

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Looking at his goals per season, nowt special at all. Almost 25. Sounds like a poor mans Johnny Russell

You've got pretty high standards if around 30 goals and 50 assists over the past 3 seasons is 'nowt special.' I know it's League 1 so not as impressive, but that's more goal contributions in 3 seasons than either Weimann or Lawrence have managed across their careers

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Whilst I’m not for or against this guy joining Derby - I think his main attribute is his creativity, over the past 3 years his created more goals than any other player in the top 4 leagues of English football. My reservations are whether he can take that up a level into the championship. 

I’m not overly excited by being linked with him but if he can produce as many assist as he has in league 1 for us then he’d be a good signing.

Id say 28 goals and 46 assists in the last 3 seasons is very good. Shows consistency and quality, and perhaps signals he is ready to make the step up. 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

You've got pretty high standards if around 30 goals and 50 assists over the past 3 seasons is 'nowt special.' I know it's League 1 so not as impressive, but that's more goal contributions in 3 seasons than either Weimann or Lawrence have managed across their careers

"nowt special"

23 assists in 53 games. Impressive

Danny Graham and Michael Jacobs both had good seasons though in league one. Who'd would want them back?

Id still rather us go for Bradley Dack from Blackburn than Maddison or the lad from Hibs. 

Just now, Papahet said:

Danny Graham and Michael Jacobs both had good seasons though in league one. Who'd would want them back?

Id still rather us go for Bradley Dack from Blackburn than Maddison or the lad from Hibs. 

How can you compare the lad from Hibs with Maddison, two different styles of midfielder? 

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Bradley Dack hasn't played in the championship either

Pretty sure they are all different types of players so maybe just buy all 3, duck it?!

Guys like Martyn Waghorn are players we should be targeting.

Scores wherever he goes, regardless of the quality around him. He always stands out and has proven he's more than capable at this level.

Duffy is another who always looked a tidy player at Burton and now Sheff United. Adam Reach, Luke Freeman are two others who would improve us and would be less of a gamble than Maddison - they are already Championship players and held there own at this level.

Il be honest iv seen Maddison live a few times and on tv once and I haven't seen him do anything special.. Peterborough are quite clever at what they do, always bringing in managers to outscore the opposition at the expense of there defence. Hense them always seeming to have excellent goalscorers.

Wouldn't mind him here but not as good as what everybody is making out.

Jack Marriot is a decent player however.

How bad was the rest of the Peterborough team if they had these two “Premiership players in waiting” who scored umpteen goals and created half a million assists between them, yet still failed to make the Playoffs in the 3rd division?

3 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

How bad was the rest of the Peterborough team if they had these two “Premiership players in waiting” who scored umpteen goals and created half a million assists between them, yet still failed to make the Playoffs in the 3rd division?

Pretty bad, it seems. Between them they scored half of Peterborough's goals (you can realistically imagine that all of their assists were scored by the other one).

6 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

As someone has said before, Posh bring in managers that are only interested in scoring goals. Therefore their defence is tat. 

19 hours ago, northantsram said:

Il be honest iv seen Maddison live a few times and on tv once and I haven't seen him do anything special.. Peterborough are quite clever at what they do, always bringing in managers to outscore the opposition at the expense of there defence. Hense them always seeming to have excellent goalscorers.

Always good to hear from someone @northantsram who’s actually watched a player in action and can make an honest assessment on their performance rather than trotting out stats,like some, to justify their rationale for signing someone.As you say,Peterborough are very clever at their sales pitch.Any signing is a gamble,particularly from a lower level but it can occasionally work and players like a Roy McFarland,Kevin Hector and Kevin Keegan are good examples.In our position,though,I’d feel uncomfortable if an inexperienced manager spent big money on a lower league “star” .We have about ten players out of contract next season so,for me,I’d rather Lamps brought in 2/3 proven players at our level (preferably in their mid 20s) and 2/3 quality loans ,that he and Jody Morris have actually watched play!See how we go this season and next two transfer windows he’ll have a better idea of the squad’s requirements and FFP won’t be that much of a financial millstone.

20 hours ago, northantsram said:

Always good to hear from someone @northantsram who’s actually watched a player in action and can make an honest assessment on their performance rather than trotting out stats,like some, to justify their rationale for signing someone.As you say,Peterborough are very clever at their sales pitch.Any signing is a gamble,particularly from a lower level but it can occasionally work and players like a Roy McFarland,Kevin Hector and Kevin Keegan are good examples.In our position,though,I’d feel uncomfortable if an inexperienced manager spent big money on a lower league “star” .We have about ten players out of contract next season so,for me,I’d rather Lamps brought in 2/3 proven players at our level (preferably in their mid 20s) and 2/3 quality loans ,that he and Jody Morris have actually watched play!See how we go this season and next two transfer windows he’ll have a better idea of the squad’s requirements and FFP won’t be that much of a financial millstone.

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Always good to hear from someone @northantsram who’s actually watched a player in action and can make an honest assessment on their performance rather than trotting out stats,like some, to justify their rationale for signing someone.As you say,Peterborough are very clever at their sales pitch.Any signing is a gamble,particularly from a lower level but it can occasionally work and players like a Roy McFarland,Kevin Hector and Kevin Keegan are good examples.In our position,though,I’d feel uncomfortable if an inexperienced manager spent big money on a lower league “star” .We have about ten players out of contract next season so,for me,I’d rather Lamps brought in 2/3 proven players at our level (preferably in their mid 20s) and 2/3 quality loans ,that he and Jody Morris have actually watched play!See how we go this season and next two transfer windows he’ll have a better idea of the squad’s requirements and FFP won’t be that much of a financial millstone.

great post

I'm not saying he's a bad player it's just very difficult to say if he could make the step up or not.. stats don't tell the whole story ..

remember Ben Davies ?

Archived