World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TimRam said:

Having watched how var works, I have decided it's the daftest thing to be included in football I've ever seen. Play had carried on in the france v australia game and was stopped while var could be used doh!

Watch a game of NRL these days and see how much var will wreck a game. It becomes so stop start that it has taken fatigue out of the game, so now most players are 6-3 and over 100kgs and the little fast players who came into there own when fatigue kicked in are going out of the game. 10 years time they’ll be stopping and looking every time a player goes down.

Messi showing his class after the game

“Iceland practically did nothing.

“All they did was defend and attack with nothing but long throw-ins.

“We leave with a feeling of bitterness and anger."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lionel-messi-echoes-cristiano-ronaldo-12726183

They should reserve their anger towards themselves.  They did not do their homework, they did not prepare properly before the game.  They chose to do their last training session on their assigned training field instead of on the pitch they would play on and right before the game jogged around for 10 minutes and then retreated into their dressing room, while Icelandic players were out there working every second of the allowed time.

i will be rooting for Croatia against Argentina

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Who invited Patrice Evra and Henrick Larson onto the television 

Best pundit ive seen so far is Alex scott

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ramit said:

Messi showing his class after the game

“Iceland practically did nothing.

“All they did was defend and attack with nothing but long throw-ins.

“We leave with a feeling of bitterness and anger."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lionel-messi-echoes-cristiano-ronaldo-12726183

They should reserve their anger towards themselves.  They did not do their homework, they did not prepare properly before the game.  They chose to do their last training session on their assigned training field instead of on the pitch they would play on and right before the game jogged around for 10 minutes and then retreated into their dressing room, while Icelandic players were out there working every second of the allowed time.

i will be rooting for Croatia against Argentina

Very disrespectful. Might have won if he took a decent penalty. Should be angry and bitter with himself.

17 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

This made me smile, so much better singing like this than too that god awful Wednesday brass band

Don’t know why it says England fans in Russia because that was France 2 years ago! 

Archived