June and July

sage

As the FFP budget end is 30th June I expect to mainly/only see outgoings announced in June. It would appear we need to balance the books like we did with Hughes and Ince last year. I would be amazed if the club isn't touting Vydra around to bring us under budget. If we can't sell Vydra and need  to raise say...£5m then that would involve maybe selling Davies. Carson and Bryson. If we agree the appropriate sale(s) early enough, I would anticipate a slew of signings/loan signings to be lined up and processed in the first week in July.

In summary, June out, July in. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is some sense to this. I also think Frank may want to see the squad in preseason training first before signing anyone, other than maybe if there’s a player available from Chelski that Morris or Frank has pencilled in as a dead cert. Even then, it would have to be a cheap signing or loan.

With Frank away at the World Cup, then back for training, we may not see a signing until around the time of the preseason friendlies currently pencilled in. Leaving things a tad late, but maybe that’s ok...

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

OH MY GOD IF I SEE THAT BORING BORING BOREHOLE GRAVELLING OUT THE WORD 'REALITY' ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO DIE INSIDE.

I suggest you block your ears Parsnip and/or never read any quotes from Rowett because the reality is that he is going to continue to use the word reality I'm afraid. Good luck.

31 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Realistically FL is away on TV business next week, so I see NO movement till the world cup is dusted, however he has been scouting, I think that is just in case any possibility's  materialise during his absence. 

when you say 'no movement' do you mean in and out?

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

I think there is some sense to this. I also think Frank may want to see the squad in preseason training first before signing anyone, other than maybe if there’s a player available from Chelski that Morris or Frank has pencilled in as a dead cert. Even then, it would have to be a cheap signing or loan.

With Frank away at the World Cup, then back for training, we may not see a signing until around the time of the preseason friendlies currently pencilled in. Leaving things a tad late, but maybe that’s ok...

The loan window is open for us until the end of August after the permanent window shuts in the first week of the season so we may well start the season with our permanent contracted players and loan in others based on what is seen in competitive play

We may need to balance the books in terms of bringing the wage bill down because it's just not sensible for the club to be losing so much money each month, but why would we need to be touting players like Vydra around to balance the books in terms of FFP? 2016/17 - near enough broke even on purchases and sales, 2017/18 - made around £10 million in profit from purchases and sales and then the 3rd year in FFP accounts that are submitted would be a projection of the 2018/19 season. Admittedly I don't know much about it and even when Ramblur explains it in detail I'm still quite confused, but I don't see why FFP should be a worry to us? 

And to add to that, it doesn't make sense that we're rushing to sell players like Vydra before a certain date, but were able to table a £6 million offer for McClean in January and also agree presumably a loan fee and wages for Lookman too. 

PistoldPete2
21 hours ago, sage said:

As the FFP budget end is 30th June I expect to mainly/only see outgoings announced in June. It would appear we need to balance the books like we did with Hughes and Ince last year. I would be amazed if the club isn't touting Vydra around to bring us under budget. If we can't sell Vydra and need  to raise say...£5m then that would involve maybe selling Davies. Carson and Bryson. If we agree the appropriate sale(s) early enough, I would anticipate a slew of signings/loan signings to be lined up and processed in the first week in July.

In summary, June out, July in. 

If we need to raise £5 million then we shouldn’t need to sell Carson Davies and Bryson . Maybe two of those at most . Also There are other options ... anya Weimann keogh Lawrence etc 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If we need to raise £5 million then we shouldn’t need to sell Carson Davies and Bryson . Maybe two of those at most . Also There are other options ... anya Weimann keogh Lawrence etc 

How attractive are they to other clubs? At the moment we would make a big loss on Lawrence and Weimann is within a year of the end of his contract. 

Keogh would raise some money but would you want to sell him? I wouldn't sell him or Davies unless silly money came in.

To me FFP isn’t an issue. The issue lies with the amount of wages we pay out each year. Paying the likes of Martin, Bryson, Blackman, Butterfield plus Bent and Shackell top wages whilst not even playing them is ridiculous.

we need a clear out and serious reduction in senior playing staff then supplement the bench or weak playing areas with loans and academy players ready for the challenge.

Keep paying an playing the likes of Weimann week in week out when not delivering the goods needs to stop. A loan player would be cheaper, not have to be bought for £2mil and could have a bigger impact.

hooefully FL sees this and makes the hard calls that if we can’t sell the unwanted players then we let the contracts run down and try and loan them out to save the funds necessary to start buying quality for a specific formation and style of play instead of quantity for no reason whatsoever.

This FFP danger is just BS, dreamt up by some fans.  The wage bill needs to be brought under control, because previous employees allowed lobsided contracts to be put in place, might be the real reason, but hey I am guessing.

FL and JM would not be signing 3 year deals if there wasn't some sort of financial package available to bring people in to either the first team or academy.  Would FL really take on a team where he has to work with what is there?  He may have to shift a few out, however I don't think it has to be the family jewels.

Imagine this.

MM: Hey Vids, just had an offer of x million from Stoke, do you want to go, or stay here and work with Frank?
VM: are they offering a bigger salary?
MM: Yes they are, and we wouldn't match it.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

This probably right, to think we haven’t been linked to anyone says a lot, usually linked with 100 people when a new manager comes in 

That’s probably more to do with FL being the manager as he has no baggage that he’s bring with him. I’d say Brentford’s manager was appointed I’m sure we’d be rumoured to be signing woods and Watkins etc.

7 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

To me FFP isn’t an issue. The issue lies with the amount of wages we pay out each year. Paying the likes of Martin, Bryson, Blackman, Butterfield plus Bent and Shackell top wages whilst not even playing them is ridiculous.

we need a clear out and serious reduction in senior playing staff then supplement the bench or weak playing areas with loans and academy players ready for the challenge.

Keep paying an playing the likes of Weimann week in week out when not delivering the goods needs to stop. A loan player would be cheaper, not have to be bought for £2mil and could have a bigger impact.

hooefully FL sees this and makes the hard calls that if we can’t sell the unwanted players then we let the contracts run down and try and loan them out to save the funds necessary to start buying quality for a specific formation and style of play instead of quantity for no reason whatsoever.

The wages issue, that you rightly mention, makes FFP an issue, by extension.

Archived