Aston Villa - the new Leeds United?

Mazzaram

I can't help wondering where Villa will end up. They are in a serious mess. But even more scary, we could have been following suit. Many fans (including ex-Ram Craig Ramage) were demanding a 'serious investment' in new players in January to give us a chance of reaching the 'promised land'. Fortunately, we did not go down that route. Tony Xia is in China with the begging bowl out, and for everyone at that club, the vision of the promised land has completely vanished. Could they end up 'doing a Leeds' and falling to League One? It will become evident in the future. I for one am not complacent when seeing their plight. It could so easily happen to other clubs. At least with Lamps and Jody, we have a chance of developing youth talent to build a sustainable future.

In the meantime, good luck to the Villans.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does this need a new thread?

Is it just me thinking it or are we currently having far more threads than would have been the case, say a year ago? Many could be put in existing threads if the OP just gives it a bit of thought (not a dig at you btw @mazzaram)

1 hour ago, Mazzaram said:

I can't help wondering where Villa will end up. They are in a serious mess. But even more scary, we could have been following suit. Many fans (including ex-Ram Craig Ramage) were demanding a 'serious investment' in new players in January to give us a chance of reaching the 'promised land'. Fortunately, we did not go down that route. Tony Xia is in China with the begging bowl out, and for everyone at that club, the vision of the promised land has completely vanished. Could they end up 'doing a Leeds' and falling to League One? It will become evident in the future. I for one am not complacent when seeing their plight. It could so easily happen to other clubs. At least with Lamps and Jody, we have a chance of developing youth talent to build a sustainable future.

In the meantime, good luck to the Villans.

I am sure this will be moved to the football forum but I am replying anyway as you, at least, are expressing some sympathy with the situation that Villa find themselves in, rather than gloating at their plight. Well done! 

The huge difference between Premier League and Championship revenues is going to make this sort of occurrnce even more commonplace, in my opinion.

How much money do you throw at it to ensure the gamble pays off? Newcastle and Wolves did it but Villa did not. 

Fine margins.

2 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

I didn't know there had been an old thread. I was new to this site yesterday

Matey worry not, I was told/asked this a few times when I first joined.

In 22 years of posting on message boards (some of them even legal) I have never had one come even marginally close when it comes to not posting on a topic twice.

IMO it creates a clique mentality where the people posting regularly know who is post when and about what. Whereas other have to feverishly have to scroll back to make sure they don't offend the duplicate post gods.

So you end up with posts that have hundreds of pages of responses and newer posters unsure of what has been said and what can be said without looking silly

Welcome matey. I'm still new too and we shall no doubt both make mistakes ?

If villa go into administration, loose points and go down, would that make them only the second club in history to win the European cup, and then subsequently play in the third tier? 

Secind after, ah, who was the other one? Someone remind me.

Archived