Greatest stroke of managerial genius by a Rams manager

It's stupid looking at Clough as  there are so many, you have Dave Mackay, Roy Mac, buying Toddy when Rolls Royce was on it's ass, King Kev.

It's kind of like the entire team.

Dave Mackay isn't far being with Frannie, Charlie George and even Bruce Rioch.

But what about since then.

If I had to pick one killer moment I'd start with Cox selling Kevin Wilson when he was tearing it up and the highest scorer in the division. Or Jim Smith signing Stimac.

But i'm going to go for the former.

Few people didn't question his sanity until he started to bring the likes of Micklewhite in with the money he made.

If buying a player and you don't shell out in to the multiple millions then they tend to get forgotten, whereas selling you best player at the time when you're not a successful club, well that takes genius.

Well, genius and a huge set of gonads.

I wish Arthur had never been given lots of money.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It's stupid looking at Clough as  there are so many, you have Dave Mackay, Roy Mac, buying Toddy when Rolls Royce was on it's ass, King Kev.

If I had to pick one killer moment I'd start with Cox selling Kevin Wilson when he was tearing it up and the highest scorer in the division. Or Jim Smith signing Stimac.

Few people didn't question his sanity until he started to bring the likes of Micklewhite in with the money he made.

If buying a player and you don't shell out in to the multiple millions then they tend to get forgotten, whereas selling you best player at the time when you're not a successful club, well that takes genius.

Clough didn't sign Hector.

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Your right it was Tim Ward.

But Tim Ward was about to have him thrashed to death and Cloughie called him thinking he might get the job one day and asked him not to.

That's what I call forward thinking genius.

6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

McFarland and Gemmill by BC and PT have to be the best story and greatest signings!!

And getting Dave McKay wasn't bad either Brian - god bless ya RIP

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Of course I now look forward to about 3 months of people telling me that. It will teach me to type with brain disengaged. FML

55 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Billy signing Darren Currie to secure promotion. Genius.

Idiakez signing by burley

mcfarland converting paul williams to centre back

jim smiths 3412

dean moxley at centre forward by nige

Amazing team spirit, Billy’s balls and a nice slice of luck got us over the line.

We got pummelled away at Southampton, lost the home leg and got battered at Wembley. But I wouldn’t change a thing.

Them teutonic peno’s, the biblical rain, the North Stand physically shaking in its foundations, the pitch invasion, the trip from Newcastle to London picking up more and more Rams at every station, more rain, Wembley Way, Mears tackle, Howard to Giles to Pearo to onion bag, the endless injury time and finally the full time whistle. Fookinyeah!!!

3 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

plus you forgot the signing of the guy who started  it  for BC little Willie Carlin

No I didn't forget it, I was just trying to get passed Clough and Mackay.

And anyway, Archie was even better and I was at the Preston cup game away when he ran us ragged shortly before we signed him.

Archived