Gary WHO ?

archied

He will go the way of billy Davies  and probably with less success than him before he is rumbled and on the avoid list

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said in his press conference today ”I want promotion, it’s as simple as that, and I think Stoke will give me a good opportunity to do that”.  It’s all about you isn’t it Gary, you self-important pot of toss.

I was behind him,he had my unconditional support till Xmas.

I loved the Derby team he played in and felt he deserved our support ,regardless of the football.

But then again I can be a naive fool sometimes.

Like it or not @RoyMac5 called this one pretty close.

It’s to be hoped he gets going quick at Stoke or he’s going to look a knob.

1 hour ago, SilentRam said:

He is an insecure man. I say this from a psychological perspective. His comments about his sides being 'falsely' labelled as.....means he pays too much attention to what is written about him. I really think he is a bang average manager and he will regret this when Stoke realise he is not that good and get rid of him come December. 

I agree with much of this but don't think he'll regret it if he's sacked early. I'm sure he'll come out with the crap about not being given enough time etc and then walk into the sunset with his big pay-off.

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I loved the Derby team he played in and felt he deserved our support ,regardless of the football.

It’s to be hoped he gets going quick at Stoke or he’s going to look a knob.

You roosterwomble!

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

It’s to be hoped he bombs quick at Stoke he’s going to look a knob.

FTFY

10 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

It’s to be hoped he gets going quick at Stoke or he’s going to look even more of a knob.

I think that's better?

I have never wanted anyone to fail at anything as much as I want Rowett to fail at Stoke.

I really believed his ******** about passion for THE RAMS and this was the job for him.

As soon as the going got tough he ducked off. So duck him!!!

Let’s not get carried away with ‘Gary who?’. He still might do a decent job at Stoke. Regardless of his style, record, future plans and all that shiz, i’d rather keep my powder dry. Let Gary and Frank do their own thing(s) and then judge in 2019. Rowett could be 2nd in the league by turn of the year (imagine that..?!) but things still carry on til May. 

PistoldPete2
On 31 May 2018 at 13:29, SKRam said:

That beautiful cloud with the delicious silver lining      ?️

There's no clouds at all, Rowett leaves;  good, we get £2million  compo , better, and get lampard  instead ; even better. 

34 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Let’s not get carried away with ‘Gary who?’. He still might do a decent job at Stoke. Regardless of his style, record, future plans and all that shiz, i’d rather keep my powder dry. Let Gary and Frank do their own thing(s) and then judge in 2019. Rowett could be 2nd in the league by turn of the year (imagine that..?!) but things still carry on til May. 

2nd in the league at Christmas then a drop off until May? That sounds familiar!

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:16, mwram1973 said:

A quote from the stoke forum.

"I just wish we would've gone in for someone like that. Even Gary Neville. I don't care about what happened at Valencia, that job was difficult for any English man. Nothing excites me about Rowett and I think we've shot ourselves in the foot again. At least Rowett is the kind of guy to walk when the going gets tough."

I wonder however  if he will do so when he has nowhere else to go.

But a suppose a two and a half year pay-off would settle his nerves....

I am actually enjoying the build up to the World Cup and the summer precisely because Rowett has gone from our club. I am excited for the future, looking forward to seeing how FL is going to revamp things and safe in the knowledge we won’t have to endure the footballing sludge of the previous 14 months. I’m also looking forward to reading the Stokies forum when they realise Rowett isn’t the Messiah and they start to turn, as they will.

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

2nd in the league at Christmas then a drop off until May? That sounds familiar!

Exactly. 

Its a marathon not a sprint. Im up for giving Frank the full 3 years. I would’ve given Gary the 3 years too if he wasn’t such a chump. Oh how us few were derided and called all sorts for calling out Gary even when we were winning. It wasn’t insightful by any means but just stating what I / we could see with our eyes.

Fulham were 6 points off relegation in November but no-one called em out as they were playing well I.e. playing good football.

A nice little summer now. Watch the World Cup, go on me hols and back for the seasons start. Hopefully first game away at somewhere good with a great following.

Hate to say it but there's a good chance Rowett will do very well at Stoke next year. There's still some decent players there & he has shown he's able to set teams up to get results in tricky away games. In such a competitive division, that could be the difference between finishing 3rd or 2nd.

What we can't afford to do is compare ourselves to Stoke - particularly if we end up having a slow start. We're on a totally different path, looking at a long term overhaul of the squad & change of style with a totally inexperienced manager. Stoke just want to get back up as soon as possible by any means possible & will no doubt throw plenty of cash at it.

The thought that Lampard could be under added pressure because Stoke are doing well worries me. Its time to forget about Rowett - its history, he's gone. We have a man in charge who the fans overwhelmingly wanted & he has said he will set the team up to play the football that everyone wants. He needs time to get it right because there will be tough times before we're successful. 

38 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The thought that Lampard could be under added pressure because Stoke are doing well worries me...He needs time to get it right because there will be tough times before we're successful. 

Can't see that happening. Frank is likely to get more time from the Derby fans exactly because of what a twit Roger has been.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't see that happening. Frank is likely to get more time from the Derby fans exactly because of what a twit Roger has been.

i think stoke will stuggle there are alot of high profile players there and i can see alot of them thinking they are better then rowett! and knowing rowett he sells all you good players for dirt cheap anyway! i can see big fall outs there. 

46 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hate to say it but there's a good chance Rowett will do very well at Stoke next year. There's still some decent players there & he has shown he's able to set teams up to get results in tricky away games. In such a competitive division, that could be the difference between finishing 3rd or 2nd.

What we can't afford to do is compare ourselves to Stoke - particularly if we end up having a slow start. We're on a totally different path, looking at a long term overhaul of the squad & change of style with a totally inexperienced manager. Stoke just want to get back up as soon as possible by any means possible & will no doubt throw plenty of cash at it.

The thought that Lampard could be under added pressure because Stoke are doing well worries me. Its time to forget about Rowett - its history, he's gone. We have a man in charge who the fans overwhelmingly wanted & he has said he will set the team up to play the football that everyone wants. He needs time to get it right because there will be tough times before we're successful. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hope so me owd

Archived