Sobering thought

Curtains

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't bother me tbh. 

Clough made a better team than Clement.

Burnley are competing in the top half of the PL. 

Villa didn't get promoted

I can still believe in having a good season without us signing players for a few million each time

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Wow. Absolutely not a single quote. 

Probably true but a mauve article with nothing to reveal.

And truly atrocious writing. Dreadful grammar, and poor construction of arguments. If you're going to make a career out of writing, by all means write rubbish, but at least do so coherently!

1 minute ago, curtains said:

More than an element of truth I’d say. 

Maybe ..but its all supposition... I could interpret the 'facts' (we need to be careful with money) in any way I pleased too.

No hint of further information, inside hints...investigation of accounts etc...just adding bits on to create the illusion of that.

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Doesn't bother me tbh. 

Clough made a better team than Clement.

Burnley are competing in the top half of the PL. 

Villa didn't get promoted

I can still believe in having a good season without us signing players for a few million each time

Doesn’t bother me either mate. 

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Didn’t learn our lessons last summer, yet made a profit on transfers in the last 2 summer windows. Load of rubbish.

Do you really think there isn’t going to be big cost cutting at Derby 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Doesn’t bother me either mate. 

We've had some good players for next to nowt. Clough built a couple of good teams. The one Mac took over and the Bueno,Cywka, Green, Kuqi one. He broke one by obsessing with that donkey Luke Moore. But with a slightly different attitude we could have had a really enjoyable season.

That was the days where Keogh was a big money signing. 

Let's be honest. Mel can cut the wage bill by 10 million and we should still compete. 

4 million has already gone in Bent, Shackell and Baird. 

We can't be that tight to renew Pearce and Hanson. 

Yes, the budget will be smaller, but like  Villa, we will still be, or should be, top 6.

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you really think there isn’t going to be big cost cutting at Derby 

Oh no I know there’s going to be a budget cut this summer. My load of rubbish remark was in regards to the article in general saying we hadn’t learnt our lessons yet we’ve already began cost cutting in recent windows by selling players and bringing in cheaper replacements and still having a surplus.

3 senior squad players already out, we just need to shift out another 6 if we can this summer.

No permanent signings needed - just use Super Frank's contacts to bring 4 or 5 top quality loans (Kalas, Piazon, Palmer, Abraham) in to improve the first XI a la Fulham 17/18 & Huddersfield 16/17.

Re-assess next summer when 12 more senior contracts expire.

Archived