Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

11 minutes ago, 3766dan said:

I don’t think it’s out of lampards hands. He just knows that if a 10m + bid comes in the club is not going to reject it, which is understandable and that has been the plan since the window opened. 

Lampard just wants resolution so he doesn’t miss out on his other targets. For example Waghorn. Not knowing if he is going to be sold must be very frustrating as he is chomping at the bit to get the season going and have the squad he wants. 

We need resolution on this either way, very quickly. 

How do you know this?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Of course they will, but really who cares.

i think matej would fit beautifully into this new way of playing. We signed him and gave him his contract. I wouldn't like to see us treating him with disrespect now, especially after he did so well last year.

Who believes that someone at Derby is passing info onto the Sun? Not me. 

15 minutes ago, 3766dan said:

I don’t think it’s out of lampards hands. He just knows that if a 10m + bid comes in the club is not going to reject it, which is understandable and that has been the plan since the window opened. 

Lampard just wants resolution so he doesn’t miss out on his other targets. For example Waghorn. Not knowing if he is going to be sold must be very frustrating as he is chomping at the bit to get the season going and have the squad he wants. 

We need resolution on this either way, very quickly. 

the reason why i think its out of his hands is because he smiled when asked if there had been any bids and said not to his knowledge but he'll know what's happening in 3/4 days and get that clarity.

7 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

How do you know this?

Since the window has been open what has the talk about vydra been about? It’s been about him being injured and being sold to raise funds. 

Since the window opened what has the clubs financial situation been? To raise funds. To not spend how we have done in previous windows. To reign in our wage bill. Basically to cut costs and raise whatever money we wanted to spend 

5 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

the reason why i think its out of his hands is because he smiled when asked if there had been any bids and said not to his knowledge but he'll know what's happening in 3/4 days and get that clarity.

Do you honestly believe Mel has not kept him informed about his own squad? 

I think the domino effect will start tomorrow... 

Mitrovic fee agreed by Fulham - no issue with terms etc, you would suspect, as he's already played there. 

This allows Solomon Rondon to be signed by Newcastle. 

This gives West Brom the cash they need to operate in the market and they will come in with a solid offer for Vydra. 

We'll see what becomes clear over the next 3/4 days

8 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I think the domino effect will start tomorrow... 

Mitrovic fee agreed by Fulham - no issue with terms etc, you would suspect, as he's already played there. 

This allows Solomon Rondon to be signed by Newcastle. 

This gives West Brom the cash they need to operate in the market and they will come in with a solid offer for Vydra. 

We'll see what becomes clear over the next 3/4 days

Will Vydra want to go back there? Didn't work out too well first time round....

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Will Vydra want to go back there? Didn't work out too well first time round....

Maybe not. Who knows? 

I'm surprised Rowett hasn't come in for him. Completely fits his one and only system and their pre season has been awful. Fans already questioning him... Albeit on twitter. 

They need to start well if they will struggle. 

Momentum is huge in football. They have none. 

1 hour ago, 3766dan said:

Since the window has been open what has the talk about vydra been about? It’s been about him being injured and being sold to raise funds. 

Since the window opened what has the clubs financial situation been? To raise funds. To not spend how we have done in previous windows. To reign in our wage bill. Basically to cut costs and raise whatever money we wanted to spend 

Talk by fans and press, I've not heard anyone from the club saying that he must be sold to raise funds. Perhaps he really is injured, ever think of that?

I don't say that the speculation is wrong, I don't know. But that's the point, few, if any, on this forum KNOW the club's financial situation.

3 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Talk by fans and press, I've not heard anyone from the club saying that he must be sold to raise funds. Perhaps he really is injured, ever think of that?

I don't say that the speculation is wrong, I don't know. But that's the point, few, if any, on this forum KNOW the club's financial situation.

But the club did publicly say that we couldn’t spend how we have in previous years. The club also publicly said we had to balance a very big squad. That we had to decrease the squad numbers before bringing players in. Lampard said this publicly within his first interviews. That’s not speculation when it came from the mouths of leading members of the club.

Although I do agree that there is a lot of speculation on the forum. 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Maybe not. Who knows? 

I'm surprised Rowett hasn't come in for him. Completely fits his one and only system and their pre season has been awful. Fans already questioning him... Albeit on twitter. 

They need to start well if they will struggle. 

Momentum is huge in football. They have none. 

Vydra was really unhappy that Rowett wouldn't start him in games last season. Surely not the slightest chance he'd move to rejoin him, and Rowett knows that. 

Imagine reaching the end of season playoffs and then not playing the Golden Boot! 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Vydra was really unhappy that Rowett wouldn't start him in games last season. Surely not the slightest chance he'd move to rejoin him, and Rowett knows that. 

Imagine reaching the end of season playoffs and then not playing the Golden Boot! 

Only a fool would do it. Glad he left.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

He didn’t look happy getting dragged off at 70 mins every game either.

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

"Please please me Vydra, please don't go to dirty Leeds. Anyone else, West Brom, Stoke, just not them. He'll want to stay now after watching a pre season friendly"

?

Enjoy Bamford yoth, he's not at all a ponce ?

Archived