Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't we 'write them off' somehow?

Would make more economical sense to loan them out with a view to a permo when their contracts have expired at the end of the season. Releasing them means taking a financial hit to pay them off. We may get most of their wages off the books (and in some cases a fee) for loaning them out. 

This is from the Yorkshire post 

United spent several weeks in talks over Derby forward Matej Vydra, but pulled back from discussions after learning that Vydra was seeking an increased wage of over £50,000 a week.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-s-frustrations-mount-as-winger-jozefzoon-heads-to-derby-county-1-9260518

On 17/07/2018 at 18:14, TuffLuff said:

I’d heard slightly differently, again this isn’t itk, but essentially he believed (this was before the season ended) he was going to the Prem this summer. From the bits I’ve seen, I dare say he’s waiting out for that move to come, but that’s my opinion.

This is from the Yorkshire post 

United spent several weeks in talks over Derby forward Matej Vydra, but pulled back from discussions after learning that Vydra was seeking an increased wage of over £50,000 a week.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-s-frustrations-mount-as-winger-jozefzoon-heads-to-derby-county-1-9260518

Carson                  

Keogh        Davies

Thomas      Jofefzoon    Mount   Byson     Lawrence   Wilson 

Martin.     Vydra 

2-6-2

could work as long as we don't let the ball down down our end.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Carson                  

Keogh        Davies

Thomas      Jofefzoon    Mount   Byson     Lawrence   Wilson 

Martin.     Vydra 

2-6-2

could work as long as we don't let the ball down down our end.

I think Davies and Keogh should also be encouraged to push forward and have Carson as drop-back goalie.

29 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Carson has to go at 5.30 cos his mum picks him up for tea.

Someone else will have to go on goal if we have a late kick-off.

It's Carson's jumper as well. The other post is a cricket stump they found.

I genuinely can't see Vydra leaving, certainly not for Leeds anyway. The signing of Jozefzoon, who reportedly didn't even give them the time of day before coming here, will no doubt give him food for thought. 

The problem Vyd has now, is that he needs to regain 'fitness' ASAP and get himself accustom to Lampard's team. 

If not, this whole thing could be a massive disaster. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I genuinely can't see Vydra leaving, certainly not for Leeds anyway. The signing of Jozefzoon, who reportedly didn't even give them the time of day before coming here, will no doubt give him food for thought. 

The problem Vyd has now, is that he needs to regain 'fitness' ASAP and get himself accustom to Lampard's team. 

completely agree - someone  - comes in for £11m  - take it - and move on - as he might be a costly sub

but his wage demands may price him out of a move

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

United spent several weeks in talks over Derby forward Matej Vydra, but pulled back from discussions after learning that Vydra was seeking an increased wage of over £50,000 a week.

Why would it take you a couple of weeks to learn how much he wants in wages?! Sounds like both a copout and trying to put off any other bidders?

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

From £11m asset to sub in a matter of weeks. Crying shame he can't play as a proper striker. 

For me I'd be looking at part exchanges now. I don't see even an £8m plus add ons happening so best we can do is try to switch him with a number 9.

Someone will take him on loan but that should be a last resort, unless we can do as we did with Butters and Winnall last year (but with better players) 

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

From £11m asset to sub in a matter of weeks. Crying shame he can't play as a proper striker. 

For me I'd be looking at part exchanges now. I don't see even an £8m plus add ons happening so best we can do is try to switch him with a number 9.

Someone will take him on loan but that should be a last resort, unless we can do as we did with Butters and Winnall last year (but with better players) 

I'm kind of hoping Frank can sprinkle some magic dust and get Matej playing as a fluid front man. Not a battering ram or a hold up player as such but a striker interacting at pace with possibly our vibrant young four of Josefzoon, Mount, Lawrence & Wilson behind him.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would it take you a couple of weeks to learn how much he wants in wages?! Sounds like both a copout and trying to put off any other bidders?

Rule of thumb. Assume bull products and watch what really happens. 

Vydra is there to score one out of every four chances. He will get those chances with so many very fast players in the team. Opposition will need two defenders to stop Vydra simply running past a single defender. No need to have Vydra tracking back. Opposition will soon learn not to send two centre halves up for corners as they will have no chance to keep up with our breakaways. So keep Vydra and offer him a new improved contract for getting 18 league goals this season. 

Archived