Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

2 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

I am not ITK as such, but have it (indirectly) via another player at the club that Vydra has said he will only leave to go to a Premier League club, of course money talks but for him to want to leave it will probably take a very large salary offer.

That’s vydra staying then ? can’t see a prem team coming in for him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Duck it.  take 8m so Leeds can up their wage offer to him.

Job done

LOL, it's easy for you to say that as a fan.

This is a business, we need to make as much as we can, especially off the leagues top goalscorer. 

3 million squid is a lot of money to throw away. He's valued at 11m for a reason!

If we keep Vydra, then we have the same forward options as last year plus Martin and Blackman. 

I'm not sure that's good enough

Can we not attract enough money for Marriott from the six or so players who are unlikely to be regular starters?

On 14/07/2018 at 18:02, richinspain said:

Perhaps that’s the problem. Perhaps he isn’t truly a good player and he can’t adapt. He didn’t pull up any trees before last season when asked to play out of position. I’m not saying he’s not good enough. That’s the manager’s job to decide.

He often played on the right side of a three for Watford when they got promoted. Scored lots of goals from there as well. He wasn't asked to track back though.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

He often played on the right side of a three for Watford when they got promoted. Scored lots of goals from there as well. He wasn't asked to track back though.

And if I remember correctly wasn't with Watford playing with 5 at the back ? So there was less need for him to track back? 

44 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

I am not ITK as such, but have it (indirectly) via another player at the club that Vydra has said he will only leave to go to a Premier League club, of course money talks but for him to want to leave it will probably take a very large salary offer.

So would I - a transfer to Leeds is certainly not a very attractive proposition at this stage

14 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

And if I remember correctly wasn't with Watford playing with 5 at the back ? So there was less need for him to track back? 

That sounds right.

But it should also be added that Watford created a frankly absurd amount of chances in that season. Two players scored more goals than Vydra and two were very close behind.

The fact that they finished in the playoffs was a bit poor tbh - they got through it though of course, just.

If we can emulate that Watford team but be more solid at the back, that's obviously the dream. And really, in my mind, the only hope for Vydra to do anywhere near as well as he did last season.

Every season he's had with a team that keeps the ball other than that Watford team he's been really poor.

Not many have mentioned this but why can’t lampard get Vydra to be firing this season as well ? What he needs is the ball passed correctly to him in the right places at the right time, isn’t that why we are taking mount and Wilson this season? 

45 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Correct. They rotated between a back 3/5 and a diamond formation within games with deeney, ighalo and Vydra up front. We’ve seen him struggle on both the wing and as a striker with McClaren so I’d be a bit disappointed if we kept him as he doesn’t suit playing up front in a 4-3-3. He’s like Griezmann, plays well and scores goals when he has another “battering Ram”(if you pardon the pun) striker alongside him but doesn’t do much when he is the main striker himself.

57 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we keep Vydra, then we have the same forward options as last year plus Martin and Blackman. 

Can we not attract enough money for Marriott from the six or so players who are unlikely to be regular starters?

Only if clubs can pay their wages. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Correct. They rotated between a back 3/5 and a diamond formation within games with deeney, ighalo and Vydra up front. We’ve seen him struggle on both the wing and as a striker with McClaren so I’d be a bit disappointed if we kept him as he doesn’t suit playing up front in a 4-3-3. He’s like Griezmann, plays well and scores goals when he has another “battering Ram”(if you pardon the pun) striker alongside him but doesn’t do much when he is the main striker himself.

As well if you do play him with a big striker you have to find a way to accomadate him not really linking play and have to carry him off the ball a little bit. All of that plus he seemingly really can go off the boil and you have to think whether he's worth it.

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

I’d heard slightly differently, again this isn’t itk, but essentially he believed (this was before the season ended) he was going to the Prem this summer. From the bits I’ve seen, I dare say he’s waiting out for that move to come, but that’s my opinion.

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Only if clubs can pay their wages. 

6 hours ago, JG400 said:

To be honest , I want the money now ?

Its always better the player you don't know 

Maybe not better

But more exciting

I always forget at this time of year that I enjoy the anticipation of football more than watching it...

Or maybe that's just what watching Clement, Pearson and Rowett's teams has left me feeling

There's one strong reason why I'd want Vydra to stay. It would be a challenge for Lampard and would tell a lot about his managerial thoughts. Would he try to mold him to 4-3-3 or swap the tactics or both depending of the situation?

Vydra the guinea pig. And yes, I'm against animal testing, I prefer humans.

Archived