Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

12million is not a lot of money for vydra. Where are our goals coming from when he leaves? Surely we should be trying harder to shift the bench warmers collecting their pay checks before offloading our best player from last season. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think for one moment that we would be in serious trouble if we didn’t sell 

All depends on how much we spend and if we can offload anyone else, couldn’t spend 6 mil on Marriott and not sell vydra, plus buying others.

8 minutes ago, tombomb said:

12million is not a lot of money for vydra. Where are our goals coming from when he leaves? Surely we should be trying harder to shift the bench warmers collecting their pay checks before offloading our best player from last season. 

4601B4EF00000578-5050431-image-a-6_15098

14 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Let's see - this time last year were we thinking how lucky we were to have vydra as he would be bound to knock in 20?

Others will contribute and maybe we'll get some new scorers ?

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

Dragging on a bit so probably sell at that price? It's a healthy profit on the investment and presumably then gives Frank something to work with.

Dragging on a bit...? It still only June theres weeks left til transfer deadline.

He is one of very few players for us that could make the step up to the prem. He has the quality needed to score goals from anywhere and is of a good age. He managed to be the championships top scorer whilst playing in a defensive rowett team. If we play attacking football next season I can see him scoring the same amount of goals again with ease. I know Lampard needs some money to do some deals but I would imagine we are heavily looking into the loan market for most of them. I dont think we can replace him for 12 mill. Time will tell. Jack Marriott is a massive gamble at 6 million. 

How are other teams getting good value for their players and we always seem to be struggling to sell. Bobby reid has gone for double will hughes. Madness

12 minutes ago, tombomb said:

He is one of very few players for us that could make the step up to the prem.

Yet on the two times he has tried he has not.

His record is patchy - he has fantastic seasons and (more) very distinctly average seasons.

His first season with us was pretty poor for him, as was the Reading loan the season before. Plus the Prem seasons.

For 12 million we could get a much better in the shape of team players that spread his goals throughout the team.

5 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

His record is patchy - he has fantastic seasons and (more) very distinctly average seasons.

His first season with us was pretty poor for him, as was the Reading loan the season before. Plus the Prem seasons.

For 12 million we could get a much better in the shape of team players that spread his goals throughout the team.

yes point taken, he wasn't really given much of a chance in his first season here though. I struggle to see how 12million is going to improve our team. If we are talking about buying multiple players with this money we will be buying inferior quality or gambling on league one players to make the step up. If we are talking about buying 1 to replace him, whos better that will come to us for that money? 

This sale is obviously happening but I really dont see the sense in it. 

4 hours ago, David said:

He’s only worth more if a club is willing to pay more. 

Yep. The Will Hughes fee stung but as you say, it's not like there were other offers - the market sets the price. 

Also think at this point, we have to place some trust in Frank - it may be that he already has a very able replacement lined up. I've got a sneaky suspicion he's been way busier than folks assume whilst away on his 'hols'. 

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Yep. The Will Hughes fee stung but as you say, it's not like there were other offers - the market sets the price. 

Also think at this point, we have to place some trust in Frank - it may be that he already has a very able replacement lined up. I've got a sneaky suspicion he's been way busier than folks assume whilst away on his 'hols'. 

That’s it, not like it’s Tesco where you walk in and grab a footballer off the shelf and pay the price it scans in the checkout.

More of a car boot, you ask for a quid, some might knock you down to 75p, others will walk away and right before the gates are locked some old git offers 25p and you let him have it just to make room in the garage. 

Derby could sit there and say we want £15m for Vydra but if nobody is willing to pay that he’s not worth that, you can’t just sit on him for years until some club pays up. 

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

"As you say"...who do you think you are, Richard Keogh.

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

He has two promotions from the championship and a golden boot last season mixed in with a underplayed season on loan at WBA and a crap loan to Reading ( everyone does that) and being left on his own up front with us when we signed him 

he is about 50% utter success in the championship 

On 18/05/2018 at 19:19, Wignall12 said:

You got the wrong player, back in the late 60s early 70s it was George Best. To the tune From" Hair" .....Georgie Best, Superstar, walks like a woman and he wears a bra !

When I was at school in Luton, it went like this.

Georgie Best, Superstar, wears brown knickers and a see through bra,

The Bra's too big, he wears a wig

And everybody calls him a sexy pig.

Different versions for different regions I guess?

25 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but was Vydra at training today?

Couldnt see him on the few pictures I’ve seen.

image.png.ce3875844538754a110b2690c6afe254.png

Archived