Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Sorry Frank - forgot you were on here! - it is you isn't it Frank? - because how could anyone else know who's going to be selected?

Anyone with half a footballing brain will know that Vydra doesn't fit into a 4-3-3.

FL is a smart guy. Being a former world class midfielder, he understands that to have a possssion-based side you need to control the midfield. The perfect trio would be a holding midfielder, a linking midfielder and an attack-minded midfielder.

Two wide players, and a forward who can drop to link up with the midfielders. 

Where does Vydra fit into this? He is a number 10. We have better wide players than Vydra. We have more suited centre-forwards to the system we are going to play.

To play Vydra, we either play him out of position and waste a spot which could be better filled by another player, or we change system which then disrupts the team and hinders at least three other players.

He doesn't fit in. That's why he won't start. And Lampard is a smart guy. He was a central figure in a successful team which utilised a 433 with a proper holding player (Makelele) a proper CF (Drogba), proper wingers (Robben, Cole, Duff etc).

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Anyone with half a footballing brain will know that Vydra doesn't fit into a 4-3-3.

FL is a smart guy. Being a former world class midfielder, he understands that to have a possssion-based side you need to control the midfield. The perfect trio would be a holding midfielder, a linking midfielder and an attack-minded midfielder.

Where does Vydra fit into this? He is a number 10. We have better wide players than Vydra. We have more suited centre-forwards to the system we are going to play.

To play Vydra, we either play him out of position and waste a spot which could be better filled by another player, or we change system which then disrupts the team and hinders at least three other players.

He doesn't fit in. That's why he won't start. And Lampard is a smart guy. He was a central figure in a successful team which utilised a 433 with a proper holding player (Makelele) a proper CF (Drogba), proper wingers (Robben, Cole, Duff etc).

I suppose half a football brain, beats none at all ?

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You know Bris, I almost felt sorry for you when you spouted a load of drivel recently and loads of posters gave you grief - what was I thinking? (obviously not a lot with my half-a-brain)

24 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I know it's not very fashionable to agree with Bris, mainly because of the way he talks down to everyone..

But I agree with Bris.

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

You know Bris, I almost felt sorry for you when you spouted a load of drivel recently and loads of posters gave you grief - what was I thinking? (obviously not a lot with my half-a-brain)

Don't take my tone seriously. I'm just messing. I respect everyone's opinion, even if they are wrong.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I feel like this post needs pinning or something.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bris Vegas: tactician, accountant, clairvoyant

43 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wait - I've answered this one already - And so did someone else

Play a narrow 3 - Kind of more like a 4-3-2-1 or even a 4-1-2-2-1 maybe? They're essentially just a 4-3-3 since all you're defining is Defence-Midfield-Attack in numbers

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Stick Mount and Wilson/Bryson in the middle and get them to break wide to support the full-backs when they get forward

Then your dual-AMs in the middle (say Lawrence and Vydra) play more through the middle - But also move out wide if needed as well - Best of both worlds

I suspect the front 5 will be fairly fluid this season anyway - Sometimes the wingers will drop inside - I suspect Bryson will go back to running past the striker - Nugent (and Marriott) are the kind of players who run into the channels

There you go

Is anything that Bris said wrong though? McClaren came out and pretty much word for word stated what Bris said about Vydra, both when he was manager and after his sacking. I’d trust Mac’s view over any others as he saw Vydra train every day and he simply didn’t work in a 4-3-3. McClaren tried everything with Vydra and he was useless in every position McClaren played him in, so much so that he thought that Bent was technically superior to Vydra. That’s why McClaren was so desperate to get Martin back.

33 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Wait - I've answered this one already - And so did someone else

Play a narrow 3 - Kind of more like a 4-3-2-1 or even a 4-1-2-2-1 maybe? They're essentially just a 4-3-3 since all you're defining is Defence-Midfield-Attack in numbers

There you go

Aren't you then hindering both Mount and Bryson by pushing them wide? They're players who likes to get into the box, they wouldn't have the opportunity to do that if Lawrence and Vydra are taking up their position.

Besides, doing that means you'd have to drop natural wingers. What would have been the point in signing Jozefzoon and Wilson while you're restricting the progress of Luke Thomas too.

One of the issues with playing 4-2-3-1 is having flat central midfielders, and expecting fullbacks to push forward. I don't see Wisdom as an attacking fullback at all, and the same can be said of Forsyth post injuries.

IMO, you're changing too much and hindering other players trying to get Vydra into the first-team. If you can't get him into the first-team, you're better off selling him for a decent fee.

4 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Does anybody else find that this whole thread has become very tiresome now after 250 pages yawn yawn 

I think page 702 is now a fair bet for the conclusion of this thread, as suggested by another poster. I am confident of this due to the high drivel content and absolute nonsense being spouted, including this post. ?

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'd sell for £8m. We'd be mad not to.

£8m for a Championship bench player is a really decent fee.

Didn't realise you were now picking the team for Frank and Jody. WIth your level of 'expertise' I guess it's hardly a shock though.

Perhaps you could give Leeds a call and let them know you've dropped the price to £8 mill then?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Anyone with half a brain - period - will know that anyone who says "Derby County cannot buy anyone at all until after Vydra is sold" has absolutely zero credibility when Derby County go out and buy players and Vydra remains a Derby County player.

Zero credibility. Zero. Why anybody pays any attention to your tripe is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Lampard might be a smart guy but I’m betting he is nowhere near as smart as you ,,,,, what a load of guff I’ve read on vydra on here , opinions stated as fact ,,, he can do this , he can’t do that ,look at his record under Pearson , look at his record under rowett look at his record under this system ,under that system ,,,,, he is a goal scorer ,forward , they stand and fall on momentum and confidence ,,, they need game time ,,, Martin could easily be a twenty goal a season striker again given game time and the right kind of rub of the green early on that kick starts momentum ,,, vydra is a good goal scorer and a good player ,, I’m sure we would like to sell him to produce more wiggle room for frank to build but if we don’t sell him he will be part of our 46 game promotion challenging squad and a proper asset for frank 

Archived