Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

6 hours ago, Carnero said:

You said it well after Mount, Wilson & Jozefzoon had signed!

Ah but I heard it before. Sorry! But those signings were all relatively small - 2 loans and a winger whose move would have been funded by Weimann's.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Saity said:

Why do so many want Vydra to stay stipulating how good he’d be and would totally smash it blah blah when it’s clearly obvious our new manager doesn’t see him as part of our plans...doesn’t anyone want what FL wants ??? He has started really well and if he wanted to sell any player I’d support it....we don’t see what he and Jody sees and we don’t know there plans but we can’t keep collecting players ...I like Vydra but don’t think he’s that important that he can’t be sold to fund a rebuild and keep us within FFP if that is what’s required ....The team has looked awesome so far and played a really attractive style without Vydra ....I back FL and what he wants and if he wants him gone that’s good enough for me 

At the end of the day, nobody knows what Frank wants or doesn't want. Just because he hasn't featured in pre season doesn't mean he doesn't fancy him. He's been subject to a huge bid (for us) and he's coming back from injury so it would make sense not to play him. If he ends up staying following the deadline then I'm sure there won't be too many complaints about having both the golden boot winners from the championship and league 1 on our books.

10 minutes ago, Ram of Steel said:

At the end of the day, nobody knows what Frank wants or doesn't want. Just because he hasn't featured in pre season doesn't mean he doesn't fancy him. He's been subject to a huge bid (for us) and he's coming back from injury so it would make sense not to play him. If he ends up staying following the deadline then I'm sure there won't be too many complaints about having both the golden boot winners from the championship and league 1 on our books.

We don’t but it does look like he’s not in his plans ...when FL took over discussions probably would’ve been had as to where and how to generate some income ....I’d be surprised if Vydra plays much as just don’t see him fitting in...I don’t have any sympathy for players as it’s so one sided and players have more power than ever ...maybe Vydra doesn’t want to go but if FL doesn’t see him as an important player for this season then 11m will mean more flexibility for Frank to get who he wants in ...yes he’s golden boot winner but they’re not exactly queuing up to sign him are they???

6 minutes ago, Saity said:

We don’t but it does look like he’s not in his plans ...when FL took over discussions probably would’ve been had as to where and how to generate some income ....I’d be surprised if Vydra plays much as just don’t see him fitting in...I don’t have any sympathy for players as it’s so one sided and players have more power than ever ...maybe Vydra doesn’t want to go but if FL doesn’t see him as an important player for this season then 11m will mean more flexibility for Frank to get who he wants in ...yes he’s golden boot winner but they’re not exactly queuing up to sign him are they???

Vydra didn't force the Club to give him the contract he signed so why should he move to another club he's not keen on just because it suits us? I'd be ok if he wants to move if there's a buyer prepared to pay what we want but this situation is not one of his making. 

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Vydra didn't force the Club to give him the contract he signed so why should he move to another club he's not keen on just because it suits us? I'd be ok if he wants to move if there's a buyer prepared to pay what we want but this situation is not one of his making. 

It’s not one of his making I agree but players can run there contracts down now to enable themselves to get better deals whilst clubs don’t receive the value of the player and I see it as too one sided but that is a different issue altogether.

if let’s say Frank has said to him, look we are looking at letting you go to fund a rebuild what does Vydra do then...? Sit on his backside taking his hefty wages each week .? because he doesn’t want to go but maybe the club wants rid ...?

this is what I am saying .....it’s all about what’s good for the player and sod what the club wants ...just hope it’s resolved as Vydra seems a decent bloke but as I said they,re not exactly queuing up are they ?.. golden boot winner or not

4 hours ago, R@M said:

Can’t really understand how he has become our yearly scapegoat before the season has even started.

Our leading goal scorer. Top championship goal scorer. Best shot to goal ratio in the league (or there abouts). All done feeding off the scraps of long balls and counter attacking. 

The stats state he had a 75ish % pass completion, better than most of the squad. Imagine how many goals he could get with 5 chances per game?

The club have clearly stated everyone has their price. Why are ‘fans’ slating him for not just taking a longer contract with a bit more money elsewhere? The evidence says he at least likes this club and after having so many that look like they don’t care, not being a mercenary should be applauded.

You cant compare the various teams he has played in. Remember Lingard? was terrible. Wisdom already looks better in preseason from last year. Ledley was too slow and generally rubbish up to 3 weeks ago. Bryson’s legs have gone; thankfully they seem to have returned. 

I hope he stays, smashes it and makes the majority on here eat their tin foil hats.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

It’s a mystery to me why you can’t understand what is staring you in the face. Vydra can only be effective in one position and with the team built around him- incidentally, both Steve Nicholson and Craig Ramage have said as much today.

Well it must be true then when the all knowing Nicholson and Messiah Ramage say it.

Jheez Ramage, enough said. 

Let Frank do decide this and not let outsiders decide what players can and can't do.

9 hours ago, Saity said:

I would also add in today’s inflated market when you see some players going for silly money Vydra is a bargain at 11m....so why aren’t many clubs taking a punt on him ?.

probably they have worked it out as well as us and don't think he is up to Perm - seeing that we are selling him!! - one dimensional and can't be flexible in systems

25 minutes ago, irobinson said:

probably they have worked it out as well as us and don't think he is up to Perm - seeing that we are selling him!! - one dimensional and can't be flexible in systems

I don't think Vydra would suit a perm either to be fair.

A failure to sell Vydra is going to land us in trouble, not only with FFP, but also in terms of his own value. If he stays he isn't going to be a regular, and in a system which isn't built around him.

A campaign where Vydra doesn't start more than 20 Championship games and he scores less than 10 goals will see his value halve. We should be doing all we can to sell him for as close to an 8-figure fee as possible.

This time next year he will prbobaly be worth £6m and still commanding big wages.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

A campaign where Vydra doesn't start more than 20 Championship games and he scores less than 10 goals will see his value halve. We should be doing all we can to sell him for as close to an 8-figure fee as possible.

Blimey, I hope that the club are aware of this! Perhaps you could write them a letter?

Archived