With all the league teams for next season fully confirmed

norfolkram9

What is everyone predicting for the league table.

1st West Brom

2nd Boro

3rd Stoke

4th Villa

5th Derby

6th Preston

7th Brentford

8th Sheffield Wednesday

9th Bristol City

10th Birmingham 

11th Wigan

12th Forest

13th Norwich

14th Sheffield United

15th Swansea

16th Leeds

17th Blackburn

18th Millwall

19th Reading

20th Hull City

21st Ipswich

22nd Bolton

23rd QPR

24th Rotherham

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st-Derby                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              24th-florist

There is a long summer ahead with many clubs making changes.

But I'd back both Forest and Sheff Wed to improve much more. Especially Wednesday. It's no coincidence that they were on promotion form for the last 10 games of their season as Forestieri came back from 7 months out.

Wednesday were ruined with injuries last season. But at the back-end of last season, they were brilliant. Battered Reading and Norwich 3-0 and 5-1, drew 0-0 at Wolves. They will be top six next season if they keep their better players and add one or two.

Next season could be the year Brentford finally crack the top six. 

I'd say Boro, Brentford, Wednesday and Stoke look solid bets for a top six spot.

Villa, Derby, WBA, Swansea - you never know what will happen this summer in terms of transfers. It's too early to say.

For teams struggling. I'd say Bolton are certs to struggle, as are Rotherham as they always do at this level. Reading looked shockingly bad under Clement too. Wouldn't be surprised if they drop down. Leeds are crap too.

Teams like Hull, QPR and Birmingham are complete unknowns. Could reach playoffs, could finish bottom three. Ipswich could struggle too if they make a poor managerial appointment.

I'd like to think that the manager at the start of next season will also be in charge for the following one.

Everything else can take care of itself.

Archived