"The Derby Way"

rynny

Is it possible that Mel has played an absolute blinder in setting up support for the much ridiculed "Derby Way"?

Now bear with me on this.

After sacking Clement and coming out with his speech on the Derby way, he appointed managers that is at the other end of the scale when he hired Pearson. In doing so he hoped that a time of dire football would want fans to get back to Mac 1's football, having to sack Pearson may not have been on the agenda so soon, but it was that bad it could have reignited that flame, that desire, he brought Mac 2 in to try and find the spark, but realised too many supporters were not going to take to Mac, so he went after Gary, another manager in the same vein as Pearson. He let him run with it for as long as possible, knowing that results were going to keep most happy/content.

Now that we have had a year of football that was more a case of must not lose instead of must win, we are seeing more and more people wanting to go back to The Derby Way, to have an identity we can be proud of and get behind.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rynny said:

he appointed managers that is at the other end of the scale when he hired Pearson. In doing so he hoped that a time of dire football would want fans to get back to Mac 1's football

Have you had a bump on the head recently and wrapped it in tin foil?

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

Is it possible that Mel has played an absolute blinder in setting up support for the much ridiculed "Derby Way"?

After sacking Clement and coming out with his speech on the Derby way, he appointed managers that is at the other end of the scale when he hired Pearson. In doing so he hoped that a time of dire football would want fans to get back to Mac 1's football, having to sack Pearson may not have been on the agenda so soon, but it was that bad it could have reignited that flame, that desire, he brought Mac 2 in to try and find the spark, but realised too many supporters were not going to take to Mac, so he went after Gary, another manager in the same vein as Pearson. He let him run with it for as long as possible, knowing that results were going to keep most happy/content.

Now that we have had a year of football that was more a case of must not lose instead of must win, we are seeing more and more people wanting to go back to The Derby Way, to have an identity we can be proud of and get behind.

Mate what is the so called Derby way 

As far as I can see the "Derby Way" is just an excuse used for sacking a manager when noone wanted to talk about the real reasons for sacking the manager. It's meaningless and has been a bit of a millstone arround our necks when people have tried to give it meaning.

36 minutes ago, rynny said:

Good theory. 

What's your opinion on the twin towers by the way.

38 minutes ago, rynny said:

Madness. You think Mel has got a strategy?!

The man's an evil genius!

20180526_130010-01.thumb.jpeg.8a370e80d70f8640a59c4165359c8289.jpeg

I'm going to let you all in on a little secret here. I actually achieved this image using a face swap app - I then used some serious editing skills to seamlessly remove the watermark from the image instead of actually paying for the app. There's literally no trace of that watermark left and I saved myself £1.99. 

Now who's the evil genius?!

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

It's just the idea that we should have some kind of club identity as to how we play. It doesn't have to be McClaren style football, we could decide we are going to be a long ball team, or a sit-deep-and-counter team, or a high intensity attacking team or whatever. But what matters is that we keep appointing managers that want to play this way, we keep signing players that play this way, and we keep developing youngsters that can play this way.   So when a new manager comes in, he doesn't have to replace half of the first team squad, and we don't have academy lads never getting game time because they can't do what the manager wants.

How do people not know what the derby way idea was. It's been explained enough bloody times.

Either you live under a rock or you don't want to know because then you wouldn't be able to make fun of it

If you're the former, Hi there. Nigel Clough has been sacked as manager of Derby County

If you're the latter... what is the point of explaining it. 

It's other names have included The Watford Way, The Swansea Way, The Southampton way. You know, teams that haven't had massive overhaul to the entire club with every new manager and continuously recruit to fit. Stupid innit. 

What we need is stability. Even though there's lots of successful clubs that change manager a lot. I mean we had 5 years of losing more than we win under 1 manager.

We are looking for our 6th manager in 5 years now. Have made the play offs in 3 of them. Missed out on the last day on 1 of them. And in the other we drove up from the bottom of the league and the lowest scorers in the English and Scottish league. 3 managers that season. 

Stable planning is what we need. Clear direction. Not sticking to some bloke who's crap just because we might become "A laughing stock"

Who cares what anyone else thinks outside the club. If we get it right they'll be up our arse in an instant. They don't watch the poo every week

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

How do people not know what the derby way idea was. It's been explained enough bloody times.

Either you live under a rock or you don't want to know because then you wouldn't be able to make fun of it

If you're the former, Hi there. Nigel Clough has been sacked as manager of Derby County

If you're the latter... what is the point of explaining it. 

It's other names have included The Watford Way, The Swansea Way, The Southampton way. You know, teams that haven't had massive overhaul to the entire club with every new manager and continuously recruit to fit. Stupid innit. 

What we need is stability. Even though there's lots of successful clubs that change manager a lot. I mean we had 5 years of losing more than we win under 1 manager.

We are looking for our 6th manager in 5 years now. Have made the play offs in 3 of them. Missed out on the last day on 1 of them. And in the other we drove up from the bottom of the league and the lowest scorers in the English and Scottish league. 3 managers that season. 

Stable planning is what we need. Clear direction. Not sticking to some bloke who's crap just because we might become "A laughing stock"

Who cares what anyone else thinks outside the club. If we get it right they'll be up our arse in an instant. They don't watch the poo every week

Best sell Tom Huddlestone then he was a rubbish Rowett signing as was Wisdom ,Davies,and Lawrence.  Vydra was useless with Gary as well better sell him and Jerome

1 hour ago, curtains said:

bickering. and mass disagreement, thats what it is to me. I will support the club no matter what. But what i do find is that i disagree with the majority of the fans, certainly the vocal complaining types anyway. There used to be such a thing as "the fans" say this, the fans think that.... this is what the fans want etc etc... well i tell you what as a fan.. i dont agree with the majorty of the fans on anything. I am very much on mels side however, and  i was very much behidn Rowett when he was here.

54 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's just the idea that we should have some kind of club identity as to how we play. It doesn't have to be McClaren style football, we could decide we are going to be a long ball team, or a sit-deep-and-counter team, or a high intensity attacking team or whatever. But what matters is that we keep appointing managers that want to play this way, we keep signing players that play this way, and we keep developing youngsters that can play this way.   So when a new manager comes in, he doesn't have to replace half of the first team squad, and we don't have academy lads never getting game time because they can't do what the manager wants.

So the new man needs to replace half the first team then. 

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

So the new man needs to replace half the first team then. 

I think, if finances weren't an issue, he would probably want to. And the half he would want to replace would depend entirely on what sort of football he wanted to play.

4 hours ago, curtains said:

Best sell Tom Huddlestone then he was a rubbish Rowett signing as was Wisdom ,Davies,and Lawrence.  Vydra was useless with Gary as well better sell him and Jerome

What you on about? Where's that come from?

'The Derby Way' - I am now properly bored of those three words.

Would be quite happy if that meant having to listen Allardyce describing yet another dull 1-0 win post-match as we trudge to auto promotion.

'Derby get Promoted' - three words we all want to hear

Archived