If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, RamNut said:

70% of fans would be happy with a completely inexperienced untried manager ??

Bizarre.

I accept your point, but one has to factor in the 'no money to spend' factor... and assume that therefore we or he will be looking around in the bargain basement for players, that said firstly younger players(even some older ones) are going to be very excited at working with him, as he would be a big draw... secondly Uncle 'Arry, whenever ive heard him he seems to know quite a lot about the lower leagues and often refers to a fantastic lil player in div 2 etc, so yes if frank comes i will be excited, more so that McCarthy etc

and Mel, dont sell Luke Thomas ffs especially for peanuts..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, nfb said:

I accept your point, but one has to factor in the 'no money to spend' factor... and assume that therefore we or he will be looking around in the bargain basement for players, that said firstly younger players(even some older ones) are going to be very excited at working with him, as he would be a big draw... secondly Uncle 'Arry, whenever ive heard him he seems to know quite a lot about the lower leagues and often refers to a fantastic lil player in div 2 etc, so yes if frank comes i will be excited, more so that McCarthy etc

and Mel, dont sell Luke Thomas ffs especially for peanuts..

Yes, Harry has a fabulous track record of working within a strict budget. Usually leaves sides in a much better position financially than when he arrived.

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Yes, Harry has a fabulous track record of working within a strict budget. Usually leaves sides in a much better position financially than when he arrived.

Also, can u imagine if Frank brought Jody Morris in with him as coach for said 'kids' ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

'a big club with a big history'

This is the standard soundbite for every new manager at every club over the size of Wirksworth Ivanhoe. 

Doubt he’d have said it if he wasn’t coming. 

6 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

This is the standard soundbite for every new manager at every club over the size of Wirksworth Ivanhoe. 

Not what Roger said about Stoke was it?!

3 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I don’t know, what did Roger say about his latest dream job?

Mutter, mutter, something, they're ambitious, mutter, blah and I wanna manage in the Prem, blah. Or something similar, only big there was him bigging himself up!

26 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Worst team in Wirksworth 

Great to see the majority of fans supporting appointment of Frank. To be honest I think if we get him here it will be a real boost for our club. If it's good enough for Frank etc and yes the players won't be able to grumble cus Frank's been there and done that. Player's egos will be well put in their place. Yes it might fail but lets go for it and hopefully the doom n gloom merchants will be 100% behind new manager ( whoever it is) and give it time before making any judgements. I'm 100% behind the appointment of Frank if you hadn't guessed!!

Lampard has always been my favourite player outside of Derby so for him to be our manager I’d love it! Yes it’s a risk but you have to start somewhere, we have tried everything and it’s not worked, lamps can’t be asking for that much money he has to earn it surely as a manager first! I’d love him to bring Jody Morris in as a coach, imagine him bringing in Drogba ? unlikely but you never know, they all have to start somewhere! 

2 hours ago, Monty said:

I think the 'zero experience as a manager' angle is somewhat mitigated by the extensive experience as a player at the very highest levels of the sport, the periods spent working with some of the best managers, 15 years with England, captain of club and country plus his FA coaching qualifications. He will have immediate respect and authority in the dressing room. Who knows who's applied but this level of candidate doesn't come along very often 

Absolute poppycock. 

I do agree on your last comment that an individual with zero managerial experience applying for a vacancy at a Championship club doesn't come along very often for obvious reasons as they have NO managerial background. 

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

Lampard has always been my favourite player outside of Derby so for him to be our manager I’d love it! Yes it’s a risk but you have to start somewhere, we have tried everything and it’s not worked, lamps can’t be asking for that much money he has to earn it surely as a manager first! I’d love him to bring Jody Morris in as a coach, imagine him bringing in Drogba ? unlikely but you never know, they all have to start somewhere! 

I’ll have whatever you’re drinking!?

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Absolute poppycock. 

I do agree on your last comment that an individual with zero managerial experience applying for a vacancy at a Championship club doesn't come along very often for obvious reasons as they have NO managerial background. 

Not been on for 6 months as I was fed up of the negative tripe that was being posted about new players. With the chance of lampard being appointed I thought I'd come on and see if anythings changed....nope. Still the select few who will wine about anything to do with DCFC.

Frank was a world class player, will he make a good manager??, who know's but this is the most excitement I've had as a derby fan in over a year. I liked Rowett but his football was boring to a point I stopped going and then even stopped Listening.

Lets look at the last few seasons and what these so called Experienced managers have bought to the club.

Clement, came with all the hope as was number 2 to a world class manager = crap football..sacked

Pearson, promotion with Leic's and kept them up...sacked cos he's a nutter

Mac, England manager, won cups and titles, massive reputation worldwide, sacked twice, 

Wassall, Know's the club inside out, tasked with bringing young players through..told to duck off by our players

Rowett, big reputation as one of the best young british managers, good experience...dire football, ****** off

What do all these have in common?, We're STILL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!.

IF Lampard comes in and does nothing, so what, it'll just mean another season in the championship. At least it'll be exciting and I think he's intelligent enough to surround himself with experienced coaches to give him the best chance of success.

Give him a chance ffs, if he fails so what he'll have done nothing less than the previous 5 managers.

I for one would love him here, will certainly put us on the map, media wise.

I'll crawl back under my rock again now.??

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Not been on for 6 months as I was fed up of the negative tripe that was being posted about new players. With the chance of lampard being appointed I thought I'd come on and see if anythings changed....nope. Still the select few who will wine about anything to do with DCFC.

Frank was a world class player, will he make a good manager??, who know's but this is the most excitement I've had as a derby fan in over a year. I liked Rowett but his football was boring to a point I stopped going and then even stopped Listening.

Lets look at the last few seasons and what these so called Experienced managers have bought to the club.

Clement, came with all the hope as was number 2 to a world class manager = crap football..sacked

Mac, England manager, won cups and titles, massive reputation worldwide, sacked twice, 

Wassall, Know's the club inside out, tasked with bringing young players through..told to duck off by our players

Rowett, big reputation as one of the best young british managers, good experience...dire football, ****** off

IF Lampard comes in and does nothing, so what, it'll just mean another season in the championship. At least it'll be exciting and I think he's intelligent enough to surround himself with experienced coaches to give him the best chance of success.

Give him a chance ffs, if he fails so what he'll have done nothing less than the previous 5 managers.

Exactly.

the only way he can be worse than any manager in the last 11 years is to get us relegated. I don't think could be possible with the team we have and the options of play style available to him. If he doesn't get us promoted in the first year then so what, it won't be any worse than we've been subjected to.

if the footballs better, the average age of the squad is brought down and some talent from the academy is introduced into the first team fold then what's not to like.

come on Mel, make that decision and get Frank in to give us all a lift for summer.

9 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

What's the common denominator in all of this.  Or more relevantly WHO. 

Archived