£10m FFP Bill

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No point trying to voice an opinion with this bloke on account's mate . I did in he kept on for three days .  Life's to short

I'm still laughing at your nonsense. There's nothing wrong with statistics, but loads wrong with people like you that try to use them in a ridiculous way. Good riddance.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Do what you feel is right for you and your health @ramblur

I won't make out that I understood all of the stuff you posted, but always managed to work out what the importants bits meant, thanks for all the info over the years.

No problem, and thanks. Glad I managed to be of some help. All the best.

23 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'm still laughing at your nonsense. There's nothing wrong with statistics, but loads wrong with people like you that try to use them in a ridiculous way. Good riddance.

Likewise mate .   I Won't miss your brusque and often rude argumentative nature. But takes allsorts

8 hours ago, ramblur said:

I wish (most) of you well, and hope you enjoy many good Rams seasons. For the few who have my email address, it hasn't changed. Some time ago @G STAR RAM seemed to give the impression that I had his ad. I never did, nor has he ever had mine, and we've never exchanged mail.

Not sure why I warranted a special mention here and a bit disappointed in you to be honest when what you have said is not true.

Not sure if you'e got me confused with someone else but in the past I have e-mailed you (once with an email I had from Andy Appleby and once, in the days before Companies House beta, with the DCFC accounts).

Anyway, all irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and, despite our clashes, I still wish you all the best because at the end of the day we still have a common cause!

9 hours ago, ramblur said:

Apparently, we've been 'bankrupt' ever since 07/08, rather than just living beyond our means, with owners willing to make up the difference. But, hey, why use the correct term when you can introduce a bit of sensationalisation? Hadn't realised you could be bankrupt for 10 years , yet still be afloat.

I actually predicted that an accountancy nurd would start arguing about the meaning of bankrupcy because you'd rather play silly games than simply acknowledge the reality that having wages massively exceeding turnover is a fundamental problem.

and to top it all you invent more stuff i haven't said.

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Good luck Ramblur!

I've loved your forum input.

Hope your health is as good as can be. All the best.

Thanks mate. All the best.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Has he gone?

At least he’ll have more time to tend to his potatoes.

Im missing him already, if only I could read one last post from him.

Alas, it’s not to be.

?

Ha ha, as you well know there's a 7 day cooling off period. I would have preferred a clean break and a simple goodbye to all, but it's not to be. As it happens, 7 days isn't going to kill me and at least gives me the chance of affording the courtesy of individual replies. I'm trying to reply as they come up, as it's better for me than trying to deal with a batch.

I always remember your 'Brown Fingers'. You had me thinking I'd missed a new Bond movie somewhere along the line?.

As it happens, I've got to try to make 2 last financial posts ( but not now) ; one because I did Mel no favours by talking about huge profits in 3 holding companies, which I later realised might lead some to think he was wallowing in profits. There was a deliberate trick in 2 of them ( to see if anyone picked up on it), but no lies. It was all paper stuff, with no cash involved, and I was merely trying to show that looking at consolidated group accounts to try and discern a Club position can be fraught with dangers.

A few nights ago, I was lying in bed and suddenly burst out laughing when I realised something I'd done. You can't beat a good laugh at your own expense sometimes, particularly if others can join in. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure why I warranted a special mention here and a bit disappointed in you to be honest when what you have said is not true.

Not sure if you'e got me confused with someone else but in the past I have e-mailed you (once with an email I had from Andy Appleby and once, in the days before Companies House beta, with the DCFC accounts).

Anyway, all irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and, despite our clashes, I still wish you all the best because at the end of the day we still have a common cause!

You offered to send me accounts once, but I declined on the grounds that if they landed first thing in the morning I wanted to download straight away and get stuck into them ( which is what happened). I don't remember any AA stuff, but my email address hasn't changed over the years - just send me mail saying 'testing' and I'll accept it. If not, I'll just let it go anyway.

Hope you enjoy the coming season.

12 minutes ago, ramblur said:

You offered to send me accounts once, but I declined on the grounds that if they landed first thing in the morning I wanted to download straight away and get stuck into them ( which is what happened). I don't remember any AA stuff, but my email address hasn't changed over the years - just send me mail saying 'testing' and I'll accept it. If not, I'll just let it go anyway.

Hope you enjoy the coming season.

I sent it off my old fsmail account which is no longer in operation.

As I said, by the by anyway, just a bit surprised by what you said.

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, ramblur said:

3 million of that was ours.

I've been told Derby County have no external debt.

NADA, Zilch, Zero.

If that's not the case, could it be explained by an overdraft facility which is in place, but hasn't been used?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've got a limited time to get them in it seems.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I actually predicted that an accountancy nurd would start arguing about the meaning of bankrupcy because you'd rather play silly games than simply acknowledge the reality that having wages massively exceeding turnover is a fundamental problem.

and to top it all you invent more stuff i haven't said.

I think he's gone

20 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've been told Derby County have no external debt.

NADA, Zilch, Zero.

If that's not the case, could it be explained by an overdraft facility which is in place, but hasn't been used?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've got a limited time to get them in it seems.

Any overdraft is actually counted as 'negative cash' in accounts, and isn't counted as debt. I don't even know if the club had an overdraft during 16/17, and I'm not altogether sure if I could tell anymore, as the note that used to nail it 'analysis of changes in net debt' has gone. Nothing sinister in this, as that note is pretty pointless nowadays, courtesy of Mel. The 16/17 accounts clearly show an unsecured debt of #3m to the Co-Op bank, but there's nothing to say this hasn't been repaid since 30/6/17. As I've said before, I've long thought there was something a little odd about that loan. 

24 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I think he's gone

Well done, but I don't mind. For the sake of a few days I might even take a certain person off my massive ignored list. 

Bankruptcy is a legal term, and nothing to do with accounting nurds. If you asked 1000 Joe Soaps in the street what they understood by it, I'm sure most would have an idea that it was an inability to meet creditors in a timely manner. Mind you, if you asked  1000 RamNuts, you'd obviously get a different answer. As far as I'm aware, we don't appear to have had this problem for over a decade - maybe he's getting confused with the gumps.

I've been saying for ages, and over more posts than I care to remember, that wages are too high, and need to come down significantly, long before Ramnut poked his snout in. He seems to think he's some kind of pioneer in this respect. One day, it might just click that it's his ridiculous use of the consolidated accounts, and all the paper transactions that might entail, that I objected to, along with this absurd crusade over Mel's loan to his own investment company. It's a great pity that the article @David linked didn't give individual club debts.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Has he gone?

At least he’ll have more time to tend to his potatoes.

Im missing him already, if only I could read one last post from him.

Alas, it’s not to be.

?

Not quite ready for 'The Last Post' yet pal?

Archived