£10m FFP Bill

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Well I'm going to miss @ramblur's analysis a lot.

Maybe we should have a single "Ramblur's Finance" thread, which is locked for anyone except him, so he can explain accounts stuff as and when (and we can all use it for reference), but he doesn't have to deal with the repetitive questions etc from the less informed (like me)?

Just a thought

Wouldn't work,Wolfie, unless I was granted special membership just to access that thread, and that thread only, for a short period only.

I know myself too well - if I were allowed access to other threads and saw something like 'The Baron', I'd almost feel morally bound to challenge it.

I've never minded genuine questions, and probably think members should have asked more, but may have been afraid to look silly ( when the only silly thing really would be not to ask questions).

I see blogs were tried for a short time. A guest blog every April might be an option. That's really the only kind of thing I might consider.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words, and all the best mate.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

@ramblur - top poster, top accountant and now top flouncer?

Seriously though, do what you need to for your health. I'll certainly miss you and hope that you feel well enough to reconsider one day. 

Good luck.

Thanks Cornie- you were always one of the better layman type financial posters. In fact one of my greatest rewards was in seeing people become confident in posting on such things as FFP and amortisation etc. Might not always get things exactly right, but close enough for at least a silver bottle top?. All the best.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Sorry to hear this @ramblur and do hope you re-consider - using the ignore function is as good a method as any to block out the "noise".

Thanks for all your work and best of luck with your health.

Doesn't always work though, especially when some clown deliberately circumvents it. Mostly health anyway. Relying on those like you to keep others in check now?. All the best.

6 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Doesn't always work though, especially when some clown deliberately circumvents it. Mostly health anyway. Relying on those like you to keep others in check now?. All the best.

I will, but unfortunately I don't have the patience to give such in-depth responses as yourself!

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I will, but unfortunately I don't have the patience to give such in-depth responses as yourself!

Just fire the occasional skud?

1 hour ago, ramblur said:

Thanks Roy, you've often made me smile a lot. The trouble is, whenever something like 'The Baron' or 'The Mail' articles came along, I'd always feel duty bound to put members' minds at ease. For some reason, these kind of things get lapped up, as do things on players' wages/ transfer fees etc, and they've all got something in common. Mind you, it seems garbage info is better than none for some.

My health's worse than it's ever been, and quite simply I need to save myself from myself.

Loved your 'cool down' post - got the impression you thought I might be on the way to a ban?. Quite ironic really.

I gave up smoking years ago, which brought all these autoimmune problems onto me ( hardly ever saw a GP whilst smoking, and never the inside of a hospital.) My advice to anyone trying to give up would be to do it gradually, over a long period. Don't give your system a shock, although some get away with it. I curse to high heaven the day I gave up'

Anyway, all the best.

Sorry to hear you are not well

I gave up smoking after 40 years mate and had two heart attacks within 3 months 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don’t go mate you will miss us and we will miss your input .

If you do decide that’s it all the best mate. 

Sorry curtains, but I know it's the right decision. I can already feel relief swirling all round me. All the best mate.

35 minutes ago, True Ram said:

Sorry to hear you are not well

I gave up smoking after 40 years mate and had two heart attacks within 3 months 

There's a guy down the road from me, and a few years older than me, who packed in a few years ago and was soon admitted. Really, really ill, and they couldn't diagnose anything. Discharged himself, bought a packet of fags, and hasn't looked back since. Now I look years older than him.

A friend told me that the GP of a friend of his learnt that this friend was going to give up. Told him straight away to do it very slowly, and in stages.

Take care Ramb' do what's best for yourself mate. Many of us will miss your input, you nearly made accounting interesting?

Hope Frankies barmy army keep you entertained through the season and you come back on next May to explain just what the Prem £millions mean to Mel's finances ???

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

We will miss your insight.  

Never say never 

There's always hope when I can still? invent words like ' sensationalisation'

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Take care Ramb' do what's best for yourself mate. Many of us will miss your input, you nearly made accounting interesting?

Hope Frankies barmy army keep you entertained through the season and you come back on next May to explain just what the Prem £millions mean to Mel's finances ???

Cheers,utch. I'll just have to find someone in the village now to poke good natured fun at?. Mind you, when I'd given you as much as I dare, that likeable fella Owen took a prod very well. A certain symbol has today disappeared from my keyboard, which means I can't use the 'mention' function. Cheers, Microsoft, for giving me junk I didn't want and forced me into a data add on (could have been far worse if it had happened later in the month) I could ill afford, and has disrupted my system. Jeez, I hate large corporations with a vengeance. Rant over. All the very best.

@ramblur - nothing is more important than your health (regardless what Bill Shankly said). I've tried following your financial explanations as best as someone who's as thick as me can so you must have explained things well for me to understand as much as I have. I dream about amortization (not really). 

Shame some posters feel it's necessary to push and push to the point where the need for constructive debate becomes totally lost - I'm surprised you managed to keep your cool for as long as you have.

Anyway, good luck and more importantly, good health in the future.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

@ramblur - nothing is more important than your health (regardless what Bill Shankly said). I've tried following your financial explanations as best as someone who's as thick as me can so you must have explained things well for me to understand as much as I have. I dream about amortization (not really). 

Shame some posters feel it's necessary to push and push to the point where the need for constructive debate becomes totally lost - I'm surprised you managed to keep your cool for as long as you have.

Anyway, good luck and more importantly, good health in the future.

Thanks Wolfie. Enjoy your footy.

Archived