Derby V Fulham: POS First Leg in a Nutshell

Ellafella

1.    Pride Park was the centre of the football universe for the Friday night with all manner of  tv cameras, great Thunderbird type trucks with big solar saucers, cables with yellow and black duck tape stuck to the ground and of course the Ginger Bird who was probably trying to find me for yet another TV interview. I was of course sipping beer in the Fans’ Park with Edward, just in case she was interested like.

2.    Poor Marcus Olsson has seriously bent his knee and will be out for 9 months. Our thoughts are with him.

3.    Pride Park was thoroughly decked out with flags, streamers, fireworks and ballions {which for the uninitiated are black and white Rams balloons}...Oh what an atmosphere! It sizzled and how the Rams’ fans bellowed...Since I was YOUNGGGGG...

4.    Fulham brought everything and promptly set up camp in the Derby half then moved the ball about as if they were playing in the school playground just waiting for the bell to go. Rams, all Rowett-esque, just jostled and ran about on the spot keeping shape, letting Fulham show-off as if not bothered at all.

5.    Then after half an hour of fancy-Fulham fannying about with the football, Brad fed Forsyth, who launched a curve-ball from the left peg onto big Cam’s head  and he did the rest....the onion bag took the full impact. Fulham fell down. Did you see what we did there Fulham? “1-0...Derby County..”,.a ghostly Hugh Johns excitedly roared into my mind’s ear with rising intonation. Pride Park bounced and cursed Nottingham...

6.    Fulham continued to fanny about for the rest of the game, constantly moving the ball this way and that...and back again...now that way and this...and back again..this...that...that..this...and back again...repeat until 90 minutes.

7.    The ref constantly blew his whistle for Fulham ....”What was that for ref?!” asked Brad. “You looked at that Fulham player in a rather moody way so it’s a free kick to nice Mr Jokanović ‘s lovely Fulham side– now shut up or I’ll give you a yellow”. ..or something like that.

8.    The Fulham fans were very quiet...apparently they’ve said nowt since they got back from a day out in B’rum.

9.    During the 2nd half, Fulham got fed up of just passing and one of their players had a shot which struck the bar...oh bad luck.

10. Then they had another shot which Carson swatted with his right arm for a corner like it was an irritating fly.

11. Derby had a few promising counters and Anya was a whisker away at full stretch to dive-heading number 2 after an affray by Tom Lawrence.

12. Huddlestone danced the ball away constantly with fast feet and Mitrovic, all tattoo-ed and baby-faced, just couldn’t get out of Curtis Eugene Davies’s pocket. He’d somehow gotten in there just as the game started and try as he might, he was stuck fast... Mr Jokanović shouted at him to climb out...but he just couldn’t.

13. The magnificent Derby fans set the record for the longest ever rendition of the Great Escape...da da dada...da da dada da..dada..da da da da da dada...whilst the Fulham fans mournfully looked on

14. On 90 minutes, the ref blew his whistle not for a Fulham free kick but it seemed he’s had enough of pointless, endless passing..sideways, backwards, forwards left a bit, right a bit...sideways,

15. It will be a hugely tough ask down at Craven Cottage...but Derby have given Fulham a bloody nose and a thick ear...a metaphorical knee to the groin early doors Monday and we might just see them fall.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night is why I love football. 

The passion, desire, will to win, effort, work rate off the ball was phenomenal. 

We've done more this season than I ever expected from the start. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but that yesterday was a tactical masterclass from Rowett. 

Even 2nd half when we were under the cosh for 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half. He made the right changes. 

Whatever happens on Monday night and beyond that performance last night made me proud. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Piece of **** first leg in a nutshell?

Come on it wasn't that bad!

Was it?

Bloke behind me seemed to think so, didn’t stop moaning all game, particular at Lawrence who he seemed to think needed to have the strength of a heavyweight boxing fighter. Apperntly he “shouldn’t be playing in the championship” since he can’t hold onto the ball when there’s three men on him and no one in support...

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1.    Pride Park was the centre of the football universe for the Friday night with all manner of  tv cameras, great Thunderbird type trucks with big solar saucers, cables with yellow and black duck tape stuck to the ground and of course the Ginger Bird who was probably trying to find me for yet another TV interview. I was of course sipping beer in the Fans’ Park with Edward, just in case she was interested like.

2.    Poor Marcus Olsson has seriously bent his knee and will be out for 9 months. Our thoughts are with him.

3.    Pride Park was thoroughly decked out with flags, streamers, fireworks and ballions {which for the uninitiated are black and white Rams balloons}...Oh what an atmosphere! It sizzled and how the Rams’ fans bellowed...Since I was YOUNGGGGG...

4.    Fulham brought everything and promptly set up camp in the Derby half then moved the ball about as if they were playing in the school playground just waiting for the bell to go. Rams, all Rowett-esque, just jostled and ran about on the spot keeping shape, letting Fulham show-off as if not bothered at all.

5.    Then after half an hour of fancy-Fulham fannying about with the football, Brad fed Forsyth, who launched a curve-ball from the left peg onto big Cam’s head  and he did the rest....the onion bag took the full impact. Fulham fell down. Did you see what we did there Fulham? “1-0...Derby County..”,.a ghostly Hugh Johns excitedly roared into my mind’s ear with rising intonation. Pride Park bounced and cursed Nottingham...

6.    Fulham continued to fanny about for the rest of the game, constantly moving the ball this way and that...and back again...now that way and this...and back again..this...that...that..this...and back again...repeat until 90 minutes.

7.    The ref constantly blew his whistle for Fulham ....”What was that for ref?!” asked Brad. “You looked at that Fulham player in a rather moody way so it’s a free kick to nice Mr Jokanović ‘s lovely Fulham side– now shut up or I’ll give you a yellow”. ..or something like that.

8.    The Fulham fans were very quiet...apparently they’ve said nowt since they got back from a day out in B’rum.

9.    During the 2nd half, Fulham got fed up of just passing and one of their players had a shot which struck the bar...oh bad luck.

10. Then they had another shot which Carson swatted with his right arm for a corner like it was an irritating fly.

11. Derby had a few promising counters and Anya was a whisker away at full stretch to dive-heading number 2 after an affray by Tom Lawrence.

12. Huddlestone danced the ball away constantly with fast feet and Mitrovic, all tattoo-ed and baby-faced, just couldn’t get out of Curtis Eugene Davies’s pocket. He’d somehow gotten in there just as the game started and try as he might, he was stuck fast... Mr Jokanović shouted at him to climb out...but he just couldn’t.

13. The magnificent Derby fans set the record for the longest ever rendition of the Great Escape...da da dada...da da dada da..dada..da da da da da dada...whilst the Fulham fans mournfully looked on

14. On 90 minutes, the ref blew his whistle not for a Fulham free kick but it seemed he’s had enough of pointless, endless passing..sideways, backwards, forwards left a bit, right a bit...sideways,

15. It will be a hugely tough ask down at Craven Cottage...but Derby have given Fulham a bloody nose and a thick ear...a metaphorical knee to the groin early doors Monday and we might just see them fall.

Spot on as ever fella apart from the Hudds pass to Forsyth. 

Let's hope we can do it Monday. I reckon we can. At least I'll be able to view it from behind a pint pot with a few DCFC fans from Chezzy. 

Come on you Rams!!!!!

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Bloke behind me seemed to think so, didn’t stop moaning all game, particular at Lawrence who he seemed to think needed to have the strength of a heavyweight boxing fighter. Apperntly he “shouldn’t be playing in the championship” since he can’t hold onto the ball when there’s three men on him and no one in support...

It t’werent me, honestly Sir! 

This ain't a nutshell buddy, this is a proper Kinder chocolate egg only one stuffed with toys.. and not the crap type, like a Kinder egg with something really cool inside, like.. ah feck it, you know what I mean.

Excellent, funny and incisive. Bravo good sir ?

8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Last night is why I love football. 

The passion, desire, will to win, effort, work rate off the ball was phenomenal. 

We've done more this season than I ever expected from the start. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but that yesterday was a tactical masterclass from Rowett. 

Even 2nd half when we were under the cosh for 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half. He made the right changes. 

Whatever happens on Monday night and beyond that performance last night made me proud. 

It makes you wonder about February and March being so damm awful ! 

47 minutes ago, 86 points said:

This ain't a nutshell buddy, this is a proper Kinder chocolate egg only one stuffed with toys.. and not the crap type, like a Kinder egg with something really cool inside, like.. ah feck it, you know what I mean.

Excellent, funny and incisive. Bravo good sir ?

Hey thank you, that’s a great compliment. ??

Happy with the result of course but that was a painful match to watch.

We were incredibly careless when we actually had possession and our final ball was poor. On another day Fulham would have easily beaten us.

Can’t see us being able to get away with it on Monday, however it’s been a good  end to the season so whatever happens we can say they put up a good fight!

10 minutes ago, alanmarklewis said:

We were incredibly careless when we actually had possession and our final ball was poor. On another day Fulham would have easily beaten us.

Can’t see us being able to get away with it on Monday, however it’s been a good  end to the season so whatever happens we can say they put up a good fight!

Not sure why you found it painful to watch - I thoroughly enjoyed it and apart from the 2 minute spell when McDonald hit the bar and then their player volleyed over, for all the pretty passing I always felt we were reasonably comfortable.

You say on another day Fulham would have easily beaten us - I could just as easily say on another day we could have scored 3 or 4 with the breakouts from defence we had.

20 minutes ago, alanmarklewis said:

I hope you’re wrong Sir but I respect your point. 

Archived