Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

People who press the button at traffic lights during rush hour. Firstly, it's automated so it doesn't do anything. Secondly, nor should it.

And while I'm at it people who press the button when it's already been pressed.

Worse still - idiots who press the button to cross but cross anyway even though it's on red for them not to cross. By the time the pedestrian crossing light turns to green, you're sat in your car, stopped, even though by now there's nobody waiting to cross the road because the imbecile who pressed the button has long gone!

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Worse still - idiots who press the button to cross but cross anyway even though it's on red for them not to cross. By the time the pedestrian crossing light turns to green, you're sat in your car, stopped, even though by now there's nobody waiting to cross the road because the imbecile who pressed the button has long gone!

I must admit i have done that, pressed the button then the traffic has cleared. So you cross anyway. But have been on the other end too which frustrates.

I see both points, but as a pedestrian if the traffic clears i guess what are they supposed to do? wait for it to turn green anyway just to appease the drivers?

I'd probably agree with you if the road was clear anyway and they pressed the button then crossed, but sometimes it can take a while for it to turn green so traffic does change.

2 hours ago, StringerBell said:

People who press the button at traffic lights during rush hour. Firstly, it's automated so it doesn't do anything. Secondly, nor should it.

24 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I must admit i have done that, pressed the button then the traffic has cleared. So you cross anyway. But have been on the other end too which frustrates.

I see both points, but as a pedestrian if the traffic clears i guess what are they supposed to do? wait for it to turn green anyway just to appease the drivers?

I'd probably agree with you if the road was clear anyway and they pressed the button then crossed, but sometimes it can take a while for it to turn green so traffic does change.

Crossing near radio Derby there have been a few times where the lights have taken ages to change and the traffic has cleared before they have changed so I have crossed. If it is clear I don't press. The other annoying one is when people are stood there waiting for the lights to change and no one has pressed the button, well they are never going to change are they, dumbasses?

53 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

As a driver that is really annoying.

As a pedestrian I try and wait for an opening to avoid holding cars up. But then there's been times when I've done that and I'm still waiting 2 minutes later. Then I get a bit autistic and refuse to press it on principle. Then I wait another minute. Then someone else comes (probably rynny), looks at me funny and presses it :lol:

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'd probably wind you up then, there's a t junction back home with a set of traffic lights to the right, in the sumner when it's busy no one wants to let the tractor out so I have been known to hop out the cab and press the button on the lights so it holds up the cars and I can pull out

Colleagues.

These are people you have worked with for many years and yet they have so few redeeming traits in their character that to call them a friend would stick in your craw.

It's code as well: if someone calls you a colleague you know they hate you and so are only worthy of your disdain and grudging assistance in the workplace. I personally never call anyone a colleague unless I really despise them.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

People coming into my shop and asking where our competitors are!?! WTF!?! Do you go into McDonald's to ask where Burger King and KFC is? Do you go into Asda and ask where Tesco is? Then they get all arsey if I don't know where it is.

Or even better, when I worked in an insurance broker, would give people a quote and regularly would get 'do you know anyone else who might be able to do it cheaper?'....erm even if i did why would i say?

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I have a theory that the time taken for the pedestrian lights to change is inversely proportional to the number of times the button's been pressed. i.e. the more times pressed, the longer it takes.

I should add that I've never actually stood at a crossing with a stop watch to prove my theory, but if anyone out there....

20 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I have a theory that the time taken for the pedestrian lights to change is inversely proportional to the number of times the button's been pressed. i.e. the more times pressed, the longer it takes.

I should add that I've never actually stood at a crossing with a stop watch to prove my theory, but if anyone out there....

I'll get on it.

Using the scan and pay thingy at Tesco because its quicker then having to wait 5 minutes for an assistant to notice the flashing light to authorise the bottle of wine i'm about to start drinking if they don't hurry up.

Just to add insult to injury the aforementioned assistant has to push through a gaggle of supervisory types all decked out with bluetooth headsets and microphones who are far too important to assist the customer who is paying for their fookin stupid gadgets that do not in any shape or form improve my retail fookin experience.

This thread is like a tonic to me.

What really, really grinds my gears is these so-called celebs/poseurs who walk on stage with a fixed grin, pointing at some imaginary person, as if they were recognising an old friend. Anyone who's ever been on a stage knows that you can't see a f***ing thing for the floodlights.

But you can bet your bottom dollar there's a load of birds wetting their knickers thinking they've been recognised.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Using the scan and pay thingy at Tesco because its quicker then having to wait 5 minutes for an assistant to notice the flashing light to authorise the bottle of wine i'm about to start drinking if they don't hurry up.

Just to add insult to injury the aforementioned assistant has to push through a gaggle of supervisory types all decked out with bluetooth headsets and microphones who are far too important to assist the customer who is paying for their fookin stupid gadgets that do not in any shape or form improve my retail fookin experience.

Support the check-out person, ignore the scan and pay!

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

When you need a dump and it's peak dumping time and you spend twenty minutes walking around the various bogs at work looking for an empty trap to drop the kids off.

We are suffering with this at work at the moment.  Two big offices have merged into one and they are refurbing all the facilities.  The result being that you can now try 4 or 5 different toilets (all with multiple toilets in them), across 3 floors before finding somewhere to make use of the facilities.

It gets quite embarrassing wandering round seeing other blokes in the same predicament.

My Doctor's receptionists who have started to ask 'ok..and what is the problem' when I try to book an appointment!  .

How would I know? That's what I'm seeing the Doctor for you cretin!!...

Or am I'm really supposed to say 'well I've got a weird lump and some discharge on my Johnson I need looking at...'

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

My Doctor's receptionists who have started to ask 'ok..and what is the problem' when I try to book an appointment!  .

How would I know? That's what I'm seeing the Doctor for you cretin!!...

Or am I'm really supposed to say 'well I've got a weird lump and some discharge on my Johnson I need looking at...'

For years I thought all doctor's receptionists were the worse type of jumped up Hitlers known to man.  But in fairness my current doctors seem to have really good receptionists.