Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

20 hours ago, jono said:

and I bet they are young, have tattoos and can't read a map. The youth of today .. disgraceful not even knowing basic supermarket etiquette ! .. what do they teach in schools today tsk tsk.  Of course I blame the ( enter per gripe group here )

Nope, strangely it's always older folk...

Those toasting machines you find in holiday hotels.

4 times through yesterday just for a light browning, today I put 2 larger slices of local bread in(felt like toast before I'd put it in), after a long wait looked inside and realised the bread was stuck at the back of the toaster!

Did the decent thing, and grabbed a croissant and yogurt before slipping off.

I'm hoping the resulting blaze destroyed any incriminating CCTV evidence!

3 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Talking of hotels - that weird strip of useless material that they always insist on putting over the end of the bed, and you just have to take it off and chuck it on the floor.

I mean - it doesn't annoy me as such - I just don't understand it

In a similar vein, hotels and my Mrs wish to cover every available bed/settee with about twelve cushions.

9 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Smelly people. Whether they're stinking you out with Lynx, cheap perfume, b.o or vile fag breath and reeking clothes they should be ashamed. Yes, I face the public and have to cover my face sometimes :ph34r:

If are really pushed - adopting a big grin will stop the gag reflex. It uses some of the same muscles and can stop you retching.

5 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Talking of hotels - that weird strip of useless material that they always insist on putting over the end of the bed, and you just have to take it off and chuck it on the floor.

I mean - it doesn't annoy me as such - I just don't understand it

Isn't that because people sit & drop bags on the end of the bed - and presumably then complain about dirty bedding?!.

On a related note: What is it with women and putting bloody cushions on the bed? Drives me insane at home. 

4 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

If are really pushed - adopting a big grin will stop the gag reflex. It uses some of the same muscles and can stop you retching.

That's useful thanks! I have been known to get a tissue and pretend to blow my nose. This morning a woman at the gym had obviously eaten 3 ton of garlic and I had to move treadmills 

This must have been covered but just in case - I really hate the clickbait adds you get on all sites now with headlines like, 'She didn't know why the crowd were still cheering', 'The cameraman didn't expect to see that', '76 historical photos you won't believe' or 'Derby County close to signing...'

I am no expert in Google rankings but I am sure that these adds probably do more damage for the sites than benefit.