Sunderland sack Coleman

Kernow

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Bet he wished he stayed at wales now. Always thought that was a pretty stupid career move. 

This puts their hopes of an immediate return to the championship in jealousy I reckon. 

The Sunderland job would be a pretty dumb career move for anybody.

I bet if you asked a prisoner on death row whether they'd like the job, he'd say, 'No thanks, I'm happy where I am.'

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

The Sunderland job would be a pretty dumb career move for anybody.

I bet if you asked a prisoner on death row whether they'd like the job, he'd say, 'No thanks, I'm happy where I am.'

Exactly, that’s why I think sacking him is a pretty bad move. Can they really expect to get anyone better. I thought they were super lucky getting him in the first place. He’s done ***** while he’s been there, but I don’t think that’s all down to him. 

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Jack Rodwell earning 70k a week in league 1 is a downer aswell! Can't see anyone buying him either. 

I read somewhere that Sunderland's TV money for next season will be eaten up by Rodwell's wages by the start of November.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but the merest hint that it is believable shows how far up **** creek that club is.

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I read somewhere that Sunderland's TV money for next season will be eaten up by Rodwell's wages by the start of November.

I'm not sure how accurate that is but the merest hint that it is believable shows how far up **** creek that club is.

Yeah but... parachute payments. 

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

He's not been sacked, just 'released from his contact' https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43941723 ?

Does that mean he’s basically asked to be released. Meaning that all his talk of ‘I’m here for the fight whether that be in the championship or league 1’ was all ********. 

Cant say I’d blame him, I’d want to get he **** out of dodge too, but it all seems a bit disingenuous. 

26 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They'll just go into administration, start again from scratch and move back up the leagues! It's worked for a some clubs. 

44 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Bet he wished he stayed at wales now. Always thought that was a pretty stupid career move. 

This puts their hopes of an immediate return to the championship in jealousy I reckon. 

I reckon it puts them in jeopardy too. ?

Nah, seriously, I agree with you, I wondered why he took that job on, going from a job he was quite revered to one where it was precarious to say the least. I don’t think it’s done his CV any favours.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Squid said:

They'll just go into administration, start again from scratch and move back up the leagues! It's worked for a some clubs. 

Probably, and they will probably make lower paid roles redundant and pay small local businesses 10p in the pound, but the players on 70k a week will still turn up in their aston martins or bentleys taking home their huge pay packets,

I know at least one person who would be keen on that job.

Irrespective of where they are financially they'll be a massive pill at that level.

There is a rumour tom naylor may go there to double his salary. Dropping down a division and doubling his money, that's how big they are.

One season of pain to buy out contracts of all the wage thieves, buy the best of league one and they'll be back whoever is in charge. They don't need to pay fees. Wages and playing in front of 30,000 will be a huge pull.

I know the fans are anti club but any sniff of a top two push and they'll be back in their droves.

Massive club. Massive job that a lot of managers would struggle to turn down.

Archived