Cardiff fan here..

BlueDredd

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

I'm pretty sure that the parents who'd travelled with their children were really pleased you'd made your own rules and stopped their children from watching the game.

I don't think your ticket would have said 'safe standing'. A seat was allocated for a reason. Football is for family and friends, not just people who think they have a right to do what they want.

Hopefully Fulham pip you to 2nd and we can play each other in the semi's. By that time we might just have safe standing in place and Fosters on tap.

I'm sorry if you've not experienced an away game before. But I know the majority of travelling supporters will be of the same opinion as myself, and not once during the other 18 away fixtures that I've been to this season, have I had a steward tell me to sit in an allocated seat, or had a family or group of "friends" left disappointed due to where I'm standing.

If you don't like the away day "code".. Then just stick to your seat in the family stand at home games. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I'm sorry if you've not experienced an away game before. But I know the majority of travelling supporters will be of the same opinion as myself, and not once during the other 18 away fixtures that I've been to this season, have I had stewards telling me to sit in an allocated seat, or had a family or group of "friends" left disappointed due to where I'm standing.

If you don't like the away day "code".. Then just stick to your seat in the family stand at home games. 

Yes but in fairness you don't sell out many, if any, away games do you? I suspect therefore there are usually lots of spare seats to go around.

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes but in fairness you don't sell out many, if any, away games do you? I suspect therefore there are usually lots of spare seats to go around.

I've been to plenty of sell out away fixtures.

When buying away tickets, you can't choose where you wish to sit. You're given an allocation, they sell, and your never placed with your mates. For home games obviously this is completely different.

I don't believe for a second that if you'd traveled 3.5 hours to meet your pals at a game, and your ticket sat you in a completely separate block you wouldn't move over? Or are you going to lie, and tell me you'd just sit by yourself. 

9 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

When buying away tickets, you can't choose where you wish to sit. You're given an allocation, they sell, and your never placed with your mates. For home games obviously this is completely different.

I don't believe for a second that if you'd traveled 3.5 hours to meet your pals at a game, and your ticket sat you in a completely separate block you wouldn't move over? Or are you going to lie, and tell me you'd just sit by yourself. 

Not without asking the person who’s sitting in the seat I want, to swap with me. But it sounds like you didn’t bother. 

15 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Well in this case I'd make sure I purchase my away tickets with my friends as one booking so we are all sat together. Not really the stewards fault that you got your tickets and different times. 

I'll just leave this one be. I didn't come here to cause any offence, in fact quite the opposite.

If I'd thought any part of my synopsis of my trip to Derby was going to spark such a reaction I probably wouldn't have bothered writing it.

Again, good luck in the play offs ?

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

I'm sorry if you've not experienced an away game before. But I know the majority of travelling supporters will be of the same opinion as myself, and not once during the other 18 away fixtures that I've been to this season, have I had a steward tell me to sit in an allocated seat, or had a family or group of "friends" left disappointed due to where I'm standing.

Hang on lads - anyone on here ever been to an away game before? We might need to check this one out.

Don't stress anyway bud. You've been perfectly well behaved if that makes sense and I'd hope you'd come visit again ?

56 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Rather than moan at our stewards I would be having a word with your ticket office if they are unable to give you tickets together.

I've never heard anything so bizarre. Is literally none of your fans given a ticket next to their family or friends then?

24 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I'll just leave this one be. I didn't come here to cause any offence, in fact quite the opposite.

If I'd thought any part of my synopsis of my trip to Derby was going to spark such a reaction I probably wouldn't have bothered writing it.

To be honest I think some of the responses you have had have been a little OTT and unnecessarily  confrontational. I quite like getting some input from opposition fans on the forum as long as they are considered and civil which yours was!?! 

Anyway, all the best for the remainder of the season! (Unless we play each other in the Play Offs and even if you do have Warnock for a manager!)

47 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Cheers mate come back anytime .

2 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

Liked much of your first post match post until the seating bit. I have never known of the 'away day code'.  If I want to go with my mates we buy the tickets together. If for whatever reason we didn't buy them together we just meet before halfway and after the game.

You wouldn't go to a comedy event and sit at the front just because your mates got tickets there.  Your seat is your seat being irritated and squashed for 2 hours because someone wanted to be next to their mate is inconsiderate and wrong.

So I don't understand your frustration. 

Sith Happens

If you went to the Cinema or Theatre with your friends but you had booked your seat separate would you just sit down next to your friends anyway?

Sith Happens

Cant have been to that many. Last season Cardiff had something like the 3rd worst away attendance in the league, even this season around the turn of the year they were only 13th best.

Only seen top 6 since then which was end of Feb which Cardiff were nowhere near to.

Either you arent taking many fans or clubs are not offering you many seats, if you could take more fans I am sure however you would get the same allocation as bigger clubs.

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If you went to the Cinema or Theatre with your friends but you had booked your seat separate would you just sit down next to your friends anyway?

Think b4 would have him out of the cinema sharpish. I have changed seats at plenty of away days. Wait till KO then get closer to the atmosphere if required and not sold out. But you simply can’t expect to do likewise when it’s busy. Very ignorant and selfish 

We go to most away games. Very occasionally (maybe once this season) the stewards have said sit where you want, the other 20 odd away games they point you to the seat on the ticket and you're expected to sit there. If theres an 'away code' where you just expect to sit where you want regardless, then I've never heard of it.

Maybe it's a Cardiff thing, or maybe some club's fans do and some don't, I wouldn't know as we only go to Derby games, which is probably why you've had such responses.

As someone said though, if you're going as a group and want to sit together, designate one person to get all the tickets together, then there's no problem

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Think b4 would have him out of the cinema sharpish. I have changed seats at plenty of away days. Wait till KO then get closer to the atmosphere if required and not sold out. But you simply can’t expect to do likewise when it’s busy. Very ignorant and selfish 

Agree no problem if you wait to see if seat is free and also be happy to vacate it should the occupier turn up and want it.

Sith Happens

In fairness it could be a Cardiff fan thing, they do seem quite odd. I mean how many away fans set off to turn up at 9 am on a Sunday morning when kick off isn't until midday? 

There's a small gang of Derby supporters who seem to buy tickets together but always end up with more of them than there are spaces. Stood in front of me at Hull and there was no way I could peer through any gaps between their 6 foot plus frames. 

Luckily didn’t see them again until Wolves away when they were stood in our 'seats'. As it was a prime viewing position we asked them to move, which they did. 

It does annoy me as I am only little and standing brings it's own challenges without overcrowding.

I've never heard of any agreed code for away supporters piling in where they feel like it until this thread.

Different matter if we aren't sold out or near capacity but that doesn't happen too often for us.

Archived