Darren Moore

1977 Ram Raider

33 minutes ago, David said:

Do you know what the sad thing is, Alan Pardew will be given another job before Darren Moore is even given a chance outside the lower leagues. 

Pardew, Hughes, Allardyce, Lambert, those old ‘experienced’ heads doing the rounds at clubs in distress.

No different I guess to the Mourinho, Ancelotti, Mancini’s at the other end of the football world.

West Brom will appoint another old head, been around the block, got the baggy t shirt. Thank Moore for his incredible work but they feel they need experience going forward.

Experience my arse, give Moore the job. If this was a job trial in the real world, he’s passed it with flying colours and would be signed up already.

I do agree. But as a job trial, this has been an exceptional circumstance. We’ve all seen the effects of a new manager bounce, and he’s clearly done a fantastic job of motivating everyone there. But I just get the feeling from his comments that he’s motivated everyone in the way that one who has greatness thrust upon him must. Like in the trenches and your lieutenant and staff seargant have just been blown up, and your a corporal and you step up and leas the rest of your squad to safety. 

You win a VC for those sorts of heroics, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you can do it consistently, you don’t immidiately get a promotion to staffy. 

But you might have done enough to get yourself on a fast track, in the shop window, given a bit more responsibility. 

I think that’s what Darren should do next. Drop down to league 1, see if he can recreate his wba magic consistently throughout the season, at that level. If he can do that, he’ll be back managing in the premier league in no time. 

Besides WBA don’t deserve him. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I do agree. But as a job trial, this has been an exceptional circumstance. We’ve all seen the effects of a new manager bounce, and he’s clearly done a fantastic job of motivating everyone there. But I just get the feeling from his comments that he’s motivated everyone in the way that one who has greatness thrust upon him must. Like in the trenches and your lieutenant and staff seargant have just been blown up, and your a corporal and you step up and leas the rest of your squad to safety. 

You win a VC for those sorts of heroics, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you can do it consistently, you don’t immidiately get a promotion to staffy. 

But you might have done enough to get yourself on a fast track, in the shop window, given a bit more responsibility. 

I think that’s what Darren should do next. Drop down to league 1, see if he can recreate his wba magic consistently throughout the season, at that level. If he can do that, he’ll be back managing in the premier league in no time. 

Besides WBA don’t deserve him. 

Billy Davies made half a career out of being a motivational coach, Warnock isn’t doing too bad either. Both are not tactical geniuses and made some horrible signings but dragged them through extracting every last ounce of effort. In the Championship that’s more valuable than some managers who are obsessed by the big names realise 

Proper footballing gentleman. Don't think I've ever met anybody during my time in football that has a bad word to say about "big Dave"

Hope whatever happens that west brom treat him with the respect and dignity he deserves. He can hold his head high for what he has done to that club in the last month.

Will be interesting to see if he returns to a coaching role or looks for a number 1 position  elsewhere if west from go with another person for permenant manager (which it looks like they will)

If Moore doesn't get the job then they really deserve to drop straight through to League One. A club servant, as honest as the day is long, as committed as anything, and showing great aptitude 'in the job' now. Seriously, what more could he have done? I suppose he should have picked up three points against the Champions League finalists....

They'll end up with one of the usual mercenaries. It's like a game of musical chairs, the same tw*ts dancing around the same chairs time after time after time.

15 hours ago, KBB said:

Proper footballing gentleman. Don't think I've ever met anybody during my time in football that has a bad word to say about "big Dave"

Hope whatever happens that west brom treat him with the respect and dignity he deserves. He can hold his head high for what he has done to that club in the last month.

Will be interesting to see if he returns to a coaching role or looks for a number 1 position  elsewhere if west from go with another person for permenant manager (which it looks like they will)

He should just quit while he’s ahead. One month in management, undefeated, manager of the month, drops the mike. 

Seems non-sensical to me that he might not get the job. 

He's West Brom through and through, has galvanised a squad that looked disinterested and dead and buried just weeks ago, and has got results against Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc, but apparently all of this isn't good enough so they'll bring in Harry Rednapp/A.N. other Mercenary instead.

WBA really do deserve everything they get.

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You know who will be really pleased with barrens success? Paul Ince. 

Now he doesn’t have to be the token Rooney rule candidate, wasting his time being interviewed for every job going. 

Don't forget Sol Campbell - he literally goes for every job and doesn't get each one because he's black.

13 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Well deserved. 

I’m not sure you know. He’s never had to deal with a transfer window, or changing things when his tactics seem to stop working after 10 games. He’ll need a lot of experienced support I think. 

People reckon West Brom will be the strongest of the teams coming down. But I think Darren’s got to pay his dues at a lower league club for a full season first, before he can be proclaimed as some sort of prodigy. I hope for his sake that they don’t completely crash and burn, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a reasonably strong start, that starts to tail off after 10 or so games, and then they limp along to a mid table finish. 

People have walked into bigger first jobs and been successful. He's not coming in blind so he'll know the players and their strengths and weaknesses. Obviously good feeling there despite relegation so I think if he can get them started well they're one of the main contenders alongside the defeated play off teams. 

Good luck to him, and I will watch their fortunes with a bit of interest.

WBA will do the best of the relegted clibs net season for sure.

Swansea might be around the playoffs, but Stoke, i fancy to struggle with lower mid table obscurity and if they are really unlucky, they might do a sunderland.

Archived