Mel Mendes

Papahet

Anything to stop Mel tipping Jorge Mendes a few quid and using his "super agent" power to bring in some half decent loans a'la Wolves? 

He works with quite afew clubs, Swansea the most recent I believe. So I don't see it being a problem with us (?)

Would you be happy with someone like Mendes working with DCFC? The recruitment has worried me since 2014 and without Mcclaren we have struggled in the loan market IMO to attract the best young talent around.

A "loan to buy" option didnt do Wolves any harm with Neves and co either.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not sure if Mendes is the man to help us but we definitely need someone to mend us as we look broken at the moment. What about this man? :ph34r:

images-48.jpg.9738b6384e81f788b33b00abc80bbe75.jpg

If he came back, after all Mel has done to him, I'd lose a lot of respect for Steve.

He's one of the few people involved in DCFC recently whose standing has increased in my eyes, and let's face it he should have enough to tide him over financially now. 

If Mel were to leave, or even run the club at arms length, and by that I mean orangutans length, he'd be the ideal DOF. 

28 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If he came back, after all Mel has done to him, I'd lose a lot of respect for Steve.

He's one of the few people involved in DCFC recently whose standing has increased in my eyes, and let's face it he should have enough to tide him over financially now. 

If Mel were to leave, or even run the club at arms length, and by that I mean orangutans length, he'd be the ideal DOF. 

Pretty much how I see it too. It was just meant to be tongue in cheek. I think that bridge is well and truly burnt.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Pretty much how I see it too. It was just meant to be tongue in cheek. I think that bridge is well and truly burnt.

Wish it wasn't, but you're right.

How have we come to this, it was supposed to be so easy!

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Wish it wasn't, but you're right.

How have we come to this, it was supposed to be so easy!

Only Mel can fill in all the gaps on this one. I suppose we'll never know the truth but I think somebody else as alluded to the possibility that Mel panicked when Rowett became available and SM got caught in the crossfire. Maybe wide of the mark that one, but it does sort of make sense. Not much does at the club these days though. 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Anything to stop Mel tipping Jorge Mendes a few quid and using his "super agent" power to bring in some half decent loans a'la Wolves? 

He works with quite afew clubs, Swansea the most recent I believe. So I don't see it being a problem with us (?)

Would you be happy with someone like Mendes working with DCFC? The recruitment has worried me since 2014 and without Mcclaren we have struggled in the loan market IMO to attract the best young talent around.

A "loan to buy" option didnt do Wolves any harm with Neves and co either.

Interesting idea and let's be honest, anything would be better than the shambolic recruitment we've seen since Nigel. One point though, Neves wasn't a loan. He cost £16 million. Bonatini and Boly were the only significant new Wolves loans, I think, at least. WIthout even taking into account the loan costs, they actually outlaid @ £40 million to put the current side together and since we don't have that kind of cash available, would Mendes have the same effect at Derby?

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Interesting idea and let's be honest, anything would be better than the shambolic recruitment we've seen since Nigel. One point though, Neves wasn't a loan. He cost £16 million. Bonatini and Boly were the only significant new Wolves loans, I think, at least. WIthout even taking into account the loan costs, they actually outlaid @ £40 million to put the current side together and since we don't have that kind of cash available, would Mendes have the same effect at Derby?

Diogo Jota was on loan too but they made it permanent in January, which transfermarkt have the fee down as around 14 million euros. As a club they've actually spent a hell of a lot more than I thought, there's no way we match their spending power after the transfer shambles we've had in the past couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Funny I think he's the ideal coach and if we had a DOF when he was here we would have been better off.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Have they breached FFP rules then ? They may get severely punished like QPR :whistle:

3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Funny I think he's the ideal coach and if we had a DOF when he was here we would have been better off.

I don't see what he did wrong in a coaches role either, but I don't see how a DOF would have helped him, his transfers and loans seemed more than ok to me, and hard to improve upon.

I'm talking about our current situation, and the possible role I could see him fulfilling now.

Which won't happen. 

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I don't see what he did wrong in a coaches role either, but I don't see how a DOF would have helped him, his transfers and loans seemed more than ok to me, and hard to improve upon.

I'm talking about our current situation, and the possible role I could see him fulfilling now.

Which won't happen. 

I agree about the coach bit ,I think he's a top coach  but I don't think he's a great manager and I think if he had a DOF that would work .I suppose having been a manager in different positions being a coach again would be beneath him but IMO that's his best role.

Mendes has a talent pool throughout the globe, whereas Sam Rush has his bog standard agency.

Look at the loans Wolves have pulled off Costa, Jota, Boly, N'Diaye, Afobe Bonatini...

With the exception of Neves, all have been loanee's which could later be tied down once promotion is achieved.

Rowett does all negotiating himself by the sound of things and it seriously tells with the likes of Jerome coming in whilst second in the league. Even Nigel pulled a rabbit out the hat and brought Alberto Bueno in for the season, we seem so reluctant to look at these top prospects when they could turn out to be a gem.

Whatever happened to the unknowns like Rasiak and Idiakez coming in and making an instant impact? Both freebies to weren't they?

If I was Morris i'd be on the blower to Mendes and get some recommendations for the Summer

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Agreed. Dof. Mel takes a holiday. Simmo as manager.

Oh Gypsy Ram, cruel man. Why put such fantasies in our minds when Gaz is Mels man and won’t go anywhere soon like it or not.

Nice wishful thinking but with Rowetts new contract, we would have to face relegation next year for him to go by the look of our cloth cutting.

Anyway, Simmo would be a lunatic to leave his England role, to come back here now the money has been largely spent!.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Oh Gypsy Ram, cruel man. Why put such fantasies in our minds when Gaz is Mels man and won’t go anywhere soon like it or not.

Nice wishful thinking but with Rowetts new contract, we would have to face relegation next year for him to go by the look of our cloth cutting.

Anyway, Simmo would be a lunatic to leave his England role, to come back here now the money has been largely spent!.

Good and long may it continue , let's actually give a manager time to get it right for once. The same hypocrites will be whinge if we sack him saying we get through too many managers and need continuity.

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Good and long may it continue , let's actually give a manager time to get it right for once. The same hypocrites will be whinge if we sack him saying we get through too many managers and need continuity.

Wouldn’t disagree with that, maybe Mels learned his lesson?

To be honest like few, I really want Rowett to have time and transfer windows to succeed, mind right now I’m more concerned he learns more than Mel.

Archived