Right lads now I am mad with you lot (the players)

B4ev6is

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

That said. I’m wondering if B4 still doesn’t have a point, if there’s nothing to play for come Barnsley why not stick some of the kids in we have left here. Worse thing is they lose and we might finish a place or two lower.

Besides that, if that don’t make a point to the rest of next seasons under contract players what does?

Agree, once we have nothing left to play for, if that happens, then yes start a couple. Seemed to recall a certain Will Hughes getting a start in the final home game of the season a few years back....didnt do him any harm then.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would play kids now

Not straight in mate, the possible prize on offer is too much at the moment to risk it. Although after the effort on Saturday how worse could the score line have been?

Bringing them in at the right time is essential. There’s been moments recently missed.

Maybe Thomas from the start, maybe Weimann needs a rest. I think Thomas may have an eye for a better pass, but Weimann may have a better engine.

Who would be a bloody manager?

On 15 April 2018 at 11:38, RamNut said:

Similarly don't credit them all with the honour of being labelled the "travelling faithful"

a significant number were disgusting.

I'm glad they didn't pick me to play, I was well pissed.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Not straight in mate, the possible prize on offer is too much at the moment to risk it. Although after the effort on Saturday how worse could the score line have been?

Bringing them in at the right time is essential. There’s been moments recently missed.

Maybe Thomas from the start, maybe Weimann needs a rest. I think Thomas may have an eye for a better pass, but Weimann may have a better engine.

I was watching the game whilst listening to radio derby.

they were slagging of weimann for the quality of his cross, then accusing him of blaming the pitch.

look at the state of burton's pitch On the video. It looks like a tank has driven up the touchline.  

Ed....shut up.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I was watching the game whilst listening to radio derby.

they were slagging of weimann for the quality of his cross, then accusing him of blaming the pitch.

look at the state of burton's pitch On the video. It looks like a tank has driven up the touchline.  

Ed....shut up.

They were slipping about a bit wasn’t they? Davies says they were never going to play football on that pitch on ramstv post match.

Hence the constant long balls from the back I expect.

I like Weimann, but I fail to see why he hardly ever gets taken off, we have an young option eager to get on.

59 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They were slipping about a bit wasn’t they? Davies says they were never going to play football on that pitch on ramstv post match.

Hence the constant long balls from the back I expect.

I like Weimann, but I fail to see why he hardly ever gets taken off, we have an young option eager to get on.

I like weimann too but crikey,he makes Russell look like a magician on the ball....he's a bit limited isn't he.

re the pitch,it's all very well our guys blaming the playing surface but Burton had to play in it too.

And as a youngster in the junior rams,I actually had to play on the mud bath that was the baseball ground,so God knows how derby won the league on it with such great football...But they did.

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'd agree, now wouldn't be a fair time to blood them (unless we fall irretrievably from the play offs, at which point some could be blooded with the pressure off).

31 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

its the perfect time to try them then nothing to lose we are playing 3 very good teams it will show which under 23s are ready 

You mean Nothing to lose other than a possible play off place? Mind you, the seniors seem to be doing all they can to avoid them. 

Let's see where we stand after Cardiff. If the fat ladies singing then maybe try 2 or 3 (but not just for the last 5 minutes or so). If we're still in with a chance then I'm afraid we'd have to stick with the seniors. 

Also, it might not be the right thing to throw the youngsters in,for effectively the first time, against "three very good teams". It could go horribly wrong for them.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You mean Nothing to lose other than a possible play off place? Mind you, the seniors seem to be doing all they can to avoid them. 

Let's see where we stand after Cardiff. If the fat ladies singing then maybe try 2 or 3 (but not just for the last 5 minutes or so). If we're still in with a chance then I'm afraid we'd have to stick with the seniors. 

Also, it might not be the right thing to throw the youngsters in,for effectively the first time, against "three very good teams". It could go horribly wrong for them.

the thing is the seniors are not proforming so why should the age of them mean they shouldnt get a chance, some of them are only a year or 2 younger then lawrence 

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

the thing is the seniors are not proforming so why should the age of them mean they shouldnt get a chance, some of them are only a year or 2 younger then lawrence 

I agree, the seniors are not performing, I said the same but, it's not just about age, it's also about experience. As far as I'm aware none of them have been exposed to regular championship football let alone against such quality teams at such a crucial time in the season.

I'm all in favour of bringing the younger players into the squad (if they're good enough) and I know there's no such thing as an easy game in the championship but, to bring them in for such critical and high pressure games as Boro and Cardiff (at home in front of a potentially frustrated [to put it mildly] crowd) feels like too high a risk to me for both the club and their own development.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree, the seniors are not performing, I said the same but, it's not just about age, it's also about experience. As far as I'm aware none of them have been exposed to regular championship football let alone against such quality teams at such a crucial time in the season.

I'm all in favour of bringing the younger players into the squad (if they're good enough) and I know there's no such thing as an easy game in the championship but, to bring them in for such critical and high pressure games as Boro and Cardiff (at home in front of a potentially frustrated [to put it mildly] crowd) feels like too high a risk to me for both the club and their own development.

i totally agree it is a risk but it was also a risk when we brought hughes and hendrick in, i understand what you mean about its being late in the season but i also think if your not proforming at your job then you get get dropped (or if your not a footballer you get sacked) so why such they keep there spots (im not saying drop them all or any of them) just give them like a half or half hour! it might just take a young lad or a couple l whos hungry and wanting to claim a place in the team to kick the other players up the arse and make them think 

On 16 April 2018 at 23:06, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I like weimann too but crikey,he makes Russell look like a magician on the ball....he's a bit limited isn't he.

re the pitch,it's all very well our guys blaming the playing surface but Burton had to play in it too.

And as a youngster in the junior rams,I actually had to play on the mud bath that was the baseball ground,so God knows how derby won the league on it with such great football...But they did.

Good point!

Critics of the often parlours state of our beloved BBG pitch forgot that we had to endure a smelly swamp for 21 league games per season. 

Those toilets were foul!

Archived