PL & Championship Safe Standing Petition

jagerbob

Had a few conversations with the club last couple of days and they have now (again) publically backed the campaign for safe standing on the various social medial channels. More importantly they have posted a link up to the petition. From them doing that at least 200 odd signatures were received in the half hour or so.

This club at times..... Love it!

Well done everyone at Derby County FC.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/safe-standing-derby-county-efl-1481705

Some interesting comments from Paul Tyrrell (DCFC PR) here, including:

To my knowledge we had done this a while ago and were actively raising it at the 3 monthly annual Football League meetings.

Throughout this whole process which has included club reps including Sam Rush, Cloughy, everyone has been spot on and open minded into it all. In fact I went to the Bristol Sport press conference a few years back when Bristol City planned to install some rail seats for the rugby games (same stadium for those unaware) and safety officers were invited, our very own Nigel Wood was there taking an interest which is great to see.

10 hours ago, therams69 said:

To my knowledge we had done this a while ago and were actively raising it at the 3 monthly annual Football League meetings.

Throughout this whole process which has included club reps including Sam Rush, Cloughy, everyone has been spot on and open minded into it all. In fact I went to the Bristol Sport press conference a few years back when Bristol City planned to install some rail seats for the rugby games (same stadium for those unaware) and safety officers were invited, our very own Nigel Wood was there taking an interest which is great to see.

Are you aware if the club have any thoughts/plans regarding the implementation of this - The whole South stand, part of it? I'd be intrigued to know if they were to follow the celtic 1-1 model or the 1.8-1 approach. Great memories of being packed in like sardines at some away games in the mid 80s, of course they won't allow that but would be great to think they'd allow some increase in capacity - Not that we need it, more that sense of 'packed' if you catch my drift.

2 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Are you aware if the club have any thoughts/plans regarding the implementation of this - The whole South stand, part of it? I'd be intrigued to know if they were to follow the celtic 1-1 model or the 1.8-1 approach. Great memories of being packed in like sardines at some away games in the mid 80s, of course they won't allow that but would be great to think they'd allow some increase in capacity - Not that we need it, more that sense of 'packed' if you catch my drift.

I think behind the scenes they will have done. One of the most important things in all of this was the South Stand move. It would have been a waste imho to have it on the old SE corner.

It would also be fair to say it will be on a 1 - 1 model. Clubs wont get a choice in this. Obviously the 1.8 ratio in Germany works well but that has been going for a while and with it hopefully being new in England I am 99% sure it will be 1:1.

Be interesting if we do get to trial it and if so how much of an area would we be allowed to trial. A block, 2 blocks? Who knows.

But without doubt it would be the South Stand. Makes sense. For me I would like all of the stand to be safe standing with a couple of blocks in the away end but so much to consider such as costs to implement etc etc It may well just end up being the upper tier of the South Stand but lets be honest I would say the lower tier would still stand so surely it would make sense to do it all...

I would just love us to get to that process of discussing in fairness!!

I really doubt they will increase the capacity with safe standing. The rest of the stadium has not been designed for greater number of people (stairwells, exit/entry gates, toilets, bars areas etc. It possibly wouldn't be safe. Can only see it being 1:1.

13 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Petition at 88k as I type.

Palace first premier league club to tweet the petition. Klopp also backed it.

The vocal minority eh!

The football family unites. Only another 12k to go!

If the scousers don’t want it, it probably won’t happen, it’s all about their precious fans, y’know the fans that meant we couldn’t play in Europe thanks to Heysel.

12 hours ago, philmycock said:

If the scousers don’t want it, it probably won’t happen, it’s all about their precious fans, y’know the fans that meant we couldn’t play in Europe thanks to Heysel.

Good job they do then eh! Point took though!!

14 hours ago, therams69 said:

Petition at 88k as I type.

Palace first premier league club to tweet the petition. Klopp also backed it.

The vocal minority eh!

The football family unites. Only another 12k to go!

Of course Kloppo will back it, hes German!
Shame he was a bit too overly sensitive in the way he backed it.
I think its sad that we have one premier league club backing it, are they afraid Theresa May will make them leave the country (given most EPL owners arent british!!!)

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I think its sad that we have one premier league club backing it, are they afraid Theresa May will make them leave the country (given most EPL owners arent british!!!)

I was looking at a Spurs fans season ticket brochure for their new stadium and they have earmarked an area for safe standing so I assume they are supporting it.

4 hours ago, jagerbob said:

No surpirse, given he has experienced Europe's largest standing terrace every second week for years..

I've just signed up and is over 96k now. It really is a no brainer, or are they waiting for the inevitable disaster when standing fans in the seating area fall forward and the resulting domino effect causes many injuries or even fatalities. 

Archived