A moment for Tom Lawrence

TuffLuff

Very right footed and therefore a strange choice for left wing. Has to come inside. Looks more comfortable central because he can go right as was the case for the goal. The performance v bolton has been a bit over hyped. I was listening to radio derby at the match and as he came off ED claimed he got a standing ovation? He got applause but no standing ovation. Still it made a good story.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s been a fixture in a top 6 side so he can’t be doing so bad ,, yes you can say rowett picks him because he bought him but he also bought wisdom and has dropped him at times ,, there is potential in the lad 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

Very right footed and therefore a strange choice for left wing. Has to come inside. Looks more comfortable central because he can go right as was the case for the goal. The performance v bolton has been a bit over hyped. I was listening to radio derby at the match and as he came off ED claimed he got a standing ovation? He got applause but no standing ovation. Still it made a good story.

How many fans have to stand and applaud for it to be classed as a standing ovation then?

I, for one, stood and applauded as did many around me in the SW Upper.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

How many fans have to stand and applaud for it to be classed as a standing ovation then?

More than you and your mate.

Plenty standing applauding around me in the North Stand, including me.

I stood because I want to encourage the lad and the improvement from his previous home match was so noticeable.

Why wouldn't you want to build a player's confidence where you can? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Plenty standing applauding around me in the North Stand, including me.

I stood because I want to encourage the lad and the improvement from his previous home match was so noticeable.

Why wouldn't you want to build a player's confidence where you can? 

Fine whatever. I just didn't see anyone standing up and i was looking for it due to the comment on the radio.

edit: three were stood up in the front row of the directors box including mels son.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Fine whatever. I just didn't see anyone standing up and i was looking for it due to the comment on the radio.

edit: three were stood up in the front row of the directors box including mels son.

If you're sat in the West Stand then we don't expect you to stand unnecessarily, I'm sure TL would understand that it can be quite a hassle to pick up your electric blanket off your lap.

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Next time just crank your head to the right and look at the South stand. 

PistoldPete2

Fans got behind him on Saturday. I did think he might be next seasons vydra. Still time for him to make a big difference this season. 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

if only one fan stood thats a standing ovation ,stuff every one else

14 hours ago, KBB said:

One moment stood out when he chased back and made a perfectly timed sliding tackle. The crowd really warmed to this and gave a noticeably longer, warm applause for his effort.

It seemed to lift him a bit and he responded to this.

Well done Tom, well done the fans.

This was tangible. It sparked the whole team. 

11 hours ago, belperram9 said:

Nope, still a bang average player for me regardless of a half decent performance against a lowly Bolton side. He’s been poor all season IMO and more than likely he will be a passenger against Wolves. 

Oh grow up. Lee Croft was a bang average championship player. Lawrence is a permanent fixture in the 5th best side in the division. Very short memory to be calling him poor. 

40 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

if only one fan stood thats a standing ovation ,stuff every one else

Agreed. Many stood up in East Stand. Why do some posters find it so easy to find fault - do they think they're being funny or trying to live up to some ill-perceived forum reputation?

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Agreed. Many stood up in East Stand. Why do some posters find it so easy to find fault - do they think they're being funny or trying to live up to some ill-perceived forum reputation?

Love to be down in the dumps 

PS I stood up and applauded in West Stand. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

If you're sat in the West Stand then we don't expect you to stand unnecessarily, I'm sure TL would understand that it can be quite a hassle to pick up your electric blanket off your lap.

Oi i got myself up to give him a standing ovation, I’m a real hardcore west stand man, my blankets not even electric!

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Oi i got myself up to give him a standing ovation, I’m a real hardcore west stand man, my blankets not even electric!

Good choice ,, those electric ones are dangerous if you have a little accident of the toilet variety ?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

it's life mate moan when we win moan when we lose ,i guess it's what they mean by the Derby way

Archived